**OFFICIAL 2019 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD**

Which team will win the 2018-2019 NBA Championship?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not scared.
I am not uncomfortable.

Tell that to somebody else.

And THAT is NOT why progress isn't made.

Take that bull somewhere else Drex
That mentality is a key underlying reason amongst all people and the lack of a coherent response from a normally more intelligent poster tells me i may have struck a chord.

B8C3336D-4327-4CB1-A224-F55DDA955D81.gif

Has anybody seen Bronny James’ recent AAU clips?

That kid is a problem. Dunking with ease in 8th grade now. Looking like a clone of his daddy.

I dare to say that his kids are going to grow up to be magnificent people. It is admirable to see a brother like LeBron have a family, be afforded with the family that he did not have himself growing up. With all of the success and disappointment on court, this Black man is a winner. I hope his kid becomes one of those legacy players like Steph Curry is for his father. It would be a great story.

The whole Mitchell argument is crazy. It’s the same as if he donated $ money for a cause and you’d still have people saying he could’ve donated more. People will always find something to complain about. Can’t please everybody

Reading through this thread, the last few pages, it is amazing to see how many have never been spoken to as LeBron was speaking to his son in the clip.

Kyrie,

We love lebron the dad and the activist. Well most of us
lol@Kyrie:lol:
I am a Black man, and I support Black excellence when I see it, and I encourage it. LeBron is a talented and driven human being that acknowledges his Blackness. This is a major problem for those who like to think that Black athletes should simply shut up and dribble. Many hide their disgust with LeBron behind the supposed objectivity of sport. But their views of him is tainted by his willingness to speak out. Non black fans of athletes like Jordan, Kobe, OJ Simpson, even Barry Bonds, were comfortable with digging them because they never, ever, ever, said anything about being Black. Those athletes made white people feel comfortable in their biases and racist views. You call Kobe the N word, he'd ignore you. Call Russ, LeBron the Nword? They come back at you. This makes the low class, minimally intelligent fan, the white fan, very insecure. So he'll hide his bias by suggesting that LeBron is acting like a woman, crying, whining, which is another form of discrimination, sexism.

The pattern isn't going to change, racism and sexism isn't going anywhere. Neither is the willfully ignorant.

I can tell that there is a certain demographic on this thread that does not want to see Black independence, Black free thought, self determination without the influence or acknowledgement of the oppressor. Well, tough titty. Deal with it.
Really?
I thought most cats on NT and especially the basketball thread were black ?

That mentality is a key underlying reason amongst all people and the lack of a coherent response from a normally more intelligent poster tells me i may have struck a chord.

I am just saying, don't tell me, "Progress isn't made" because people don't feel like constantly convincing white folks that what they are feeling is genuine. Progress isn't made because folks are racist, point blank. They pass those racist/privileged views to their offspring.

THAT is why progress isn't made.

The system was created to hold certain folks down. The SYSTEM. So to say progress isn't made because words aren't exchanged is pure bull and insulting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom