**OFFICIAL 2019 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD**

Which team will win the 2018-2019 NBA Championship?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
parents relinquish ALL accountibility too and it's always the school fault for w/e happens lol
And school/district admin ready at any moment to chunk your *** right under the bus. Gotta hope and pray every day you remember to VERY accurately document every note, phone call or conversation that ever happened.

Did I once mentioned father? Parents .. even fatherless household have dignity as and want their kids to succeed. Yes, there are households with lots of dysfunction and even those want the best for their kids.

But that's not even mypoint, if you this not having those conversations with kids is groundbreaking then that's on you. That's not the norm, regardless of household. Case in point Lebron without a father.

But this is not worth my time.

Dude came out of the shadows to type two long *** non sequiturs :lol:

Craig Hodges has always been a REAL one, a Black man.

Craig Hodges: 'Jordan didn't speak out because he didn't know what to say'

Hodges has told his compelling life story with fiery passion, looping around a cast of characters stretching from Jordan, Magic Johnson and Phil Jackson back to Muhammad Ali, Arthur Ashe and Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, before returning to the present. Sport and politics are entwined again in a country where Donald Trump is president and Colin Kaepernick remains locked outside football as an unsigned free agent who had the temerity to sink to one knee during the national anthem. And teenage African American boys, just like they were when Hodges was trying to shake up the NBA, are still being gunned down.

Hodges always wanted to voice his opposition to injustice. In June 1991, before the first game of the NBA finals between the Bulls and the LA Lakers, Hodges tried to convince Jordan and Magic Johnson that both teams should stage a boycott. Rodney King, an African American, had been beaten brutally by four white policemen in Los Angeles three months earlier – while 32% of the black population in Illinois lived below the poverty line.
https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2017/apr/20/craig-hodges-michael-jordan-nba-chicago-bulls

It's kind of odd Mark Jackon hasn't gotten another coaching job since GS....never really sat right with me that Kerr gets all the credit for that team

It is odd, but it’s not a mystery as to why he hasn’t gotten another crack in the saddle.

He decided to wage war with GSW ownership.

Once you do that, unfortunately you close some doors that would have otherwise been open to you.

Was his criticism of ownership fair considering some of the things they did to him (namely having an assistant secretly record convos in coaches meetings and in Mark’s office)?

Absolutely.

But the owners despite some changes in demographics and influx of “new money” owners, is still very much a good ole boys club. Not in the way that NFL ownership is, but still...

From the greatest Laker ever...

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar: The Importance of Athlete Activists

The conventional wisdom seems to be that athletes should never step outside their roles as entertainers to pontificate. That attitude is a stereotype of the dumb jock who is too busy jamming smart, adorkable kids into lockers to know anything about the world around them except what Coach tells them.

Those days are over, folks.
http://time.com/4114002/kareem-abdul-jabbar-athlete-activists/

It is odd, but it’s not a mystery as to why he hasn’t gotten another crack in the saddle.

He decided to wage war with GSW ownership.

Once you do that, unfortunately you close some doors that would have otherwise been open to you.

Was his criticism of ownership fair considering some of the things they did to him (namely having an assistant secretly record convos in coaches meetings and in Mark’s office)?

Absolutely.

But the owners despite some changes in demographics and influx of “new money” owners, is still very much a good ole boys club. Not in the way that NFL ownership is, but still...

Valid points.

He also had Klay Thompson posting up and wanted to heal Curry's ankle with holy water.

D5B8F6C5-9757-4541-978C-112C0963AA62.jpeg
Mark jackson should definitely be coaching again

Also he was preaching in the streets about the immortality of homosexuality, despite one of the key people in the Warriors front office and the man who was/is the reason why we have an all star weekend being an openly gay man (Ricks Welts).....

Gays and Jews are a big percentage of “The Powers That Be” (H

Mark jackson not getting a job despite being qualified than a lot of the cure t candidates is a form of discipline for speaking out.

Valid points.

He also had Klay Thompson posting up and wanted to heal Curry's ankle with holy water.

Every coach has his quirks.

Pat Riley prematurely ended James Worthy’s career by being reckless with his minutes. Not a coaching quirk just stupidity, which was ultimately forgiven tenfold.

There’s also Thibs and his negligence in managing a generational talent in D Rose. Again, forgiven.

Mark may not have been the best coach in the league, but lesser coaches have definitely gotten second chances that he has yet to see (not saying Riles was a lesser coach).

It's kind of odd Mark Jackon hasn't gotten another coaching job since GS....never really sat right with me that Kerr gets all the credit for that team
I use to think that maybe Jackson wasn't the coach to get them over the hump pre KD. Sometimes you need a different voice or driving force to get you to where you want to be, of course I thought this before the first ship and the 73 win season. Now I think any coach with a bit of respect could coach them boys.:rofl::lol:

D5B8F6C5-9757-4541-978C-112C0963AA62.jpeg
Mark jackson should definitely be coaching again

Also he was preaching about the immortality of homosexuality......but one of the key cigs in the Warriors front office and the main reason why we have an all star weekend is gay (Ricks Welts).....

Gays and Jews are a big percentage of “The Powers That Be”....
Mark burned a lot of bridges through his christian perspective. It wasn't a Black thing for him, it was a Jesus thing. Peter Vescey used to call him Point God, during his tenure with the Knicks, and he rubbed the entire locker room the wrong way. Anthony Mason wanted to kill him.

I thought Mark Jackson was not a good coach. Some of the things he'd do baffled me.
I'd also would not want to deal with the irrationally religious stuff he'd do, especially when he was partying with strippers on the low. You burn bridges with the entire front office and management then word will get around and scare teams away from him.
He wasnt Derek Fisher but I never got why some people rode with him so much as a coach

Every coach has his quirks.

Pat Riley prematurely ended James Worthy’s career by being reckless with his minutes. Not a coaching quirk just stupidity, which was ultimately forgiven tenfold.

There’s also Thibs and his negligence in managing a generational talent in D Rose. Again, forgiven.

Mark may not have been the best coach in the league, but lesser coaches have definitely gotten second chances that he has yet to see (not saying Riles was a lesser coach).

Always wondered why James Worthy retired at 32/33. Then I did my homework. Sheesh. :smh:.

mark probably rubs owners the wrong way in interviews with how he preaches
guys that i hear about that interview great are earl watson and ime udoka.
surprised sam cassell hasn't gotten a few calls yet

as for mark, he had the luxury of a great team that hid his flaws
it sucks that he went through the bad years but kerr was the right guy to manage those players and their personalities

Mark Jackson too preachy imo

Which brings up another point...

Nearly all of the players liked him. At least the ones that mattered.

Steph, Klay, Draymond... all have had nothing but glowing things to say about him and Steph was especially upset at his departure.

The preachy thing CAN work in some locker rooms.

Steph has a bible verse on every iteration of his signature shoe...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom