**OFFICIAL 2019 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD**

Which team will win the 2018-2019 NBA Championship?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Which brings up another point...

Nearly all of the players liked him. At least the ones that mattered.

Steph, Klay, Draymond... all have had nothing but glowing things to say about him and Steph was especially upset at his departure.

The preachy thing CAN work in some locker rooms.

Steph has a bible verse on every iteration of his signature shoe...

from what i heard on the local radio, the only guy that was truly upset was steph.
towards the end, guys were tuning out.
klay, iggy, bogut, barnes were not having any of that preach stuff :lol:

Let's get this thread back on track. We are here for NBA basketball.

Want to talk about something else? Start a thread and see if others are interested.

giphy.gif

Is the discussion of the Westbrook situation off limits?

from what i heard on the local radio, the only guy that was truly upset was steph.
towards the end, guys were tuning out.
klay, iggy, bogut, barnes were not having any of that preach stuff :lol:

He empowered Barnes but it turned out Barnes wasn’t ready for the bright lights of the finals.

Klay’s dad said the exact opposite of what you just said and he’s pretty dialed into what goes on in that locker room and has access.

Bogut turned out to be extremely replaceable and he’s also a total *******, so it was irrelevant how he felt about Mark.

Iggy and Draymond’s career profiles were raised in part due to Mark Jackson.

A really one sided narrative was put out by ownership that nobody liked him, when it was really just ownership that had the issue with him not being a company man.

He empowered Barnes but it turned out Barnes wasn’t ready for the bright lights of the finals.

Klay’s dad said the exact opposite of what you just said and he’s pretty dialed into what goes on in that locker room and has access.

Bogut turned out to be extremely replaceable and he’s also a total *******, so it was irrelevant how he felt about Mark.

A really one sided narrative was put out by ownership that nobody liked him, when it was really just ownership that had the issue with him not being a company man.
I remember when Mark went to Utah, played there. He began his Christian thing, and Jerry Sloan stated that if Jackson remained on the team, he'd retire.

Exactly.

Mark also said he should be starting over John Stockton

I don’t recall Mark in Utah but I’m guessing it was late, by that time Stockton was performing at replacement level, wasn’t he?

Mark Jackson was no slouch btw... I just have a feeling that your assertion sounds way crazier than it actually was but I could be wrong.

Is the discussion of the Westbrook situation off limits?
As it relates to Westbrook yes. Taking that conversation elsewhere is another topic for another thread.

The NBA thread is a special place on NT. Folks come here to enjoy themselves talking about the best pro league in the world and what immediately orbits it. When it gets to the point we are singling out posters for what perceived race they are we've gone too far. Not the place for that.

If a team is better than it was after a coach leaves it than it was before he got there then he did his job. point blank period.

I thought Klay didn't care for the preaching either.

Requiring players to go to chapel is also wild.

Yeah that would be a good out too for management. :lol:

I just loved how Mark jackson threw his young players in the deep end of the pool and allowed them to sink or swim without the threat of being yanked. He gave no damns, coached them up, and instilled swagger in his young pups.

I don’t recall Mark in Utah but I’m guessing it was late, by that time Stockton was performing at replacement level, wasn’t he?

Mark Jackson was no slouch btw... I just have a feeling that your assertion sounds way crazier than it actually was but I could be wrong.

Mark was 37, John was 40 and taking his victory lap. Every stat says he was still better than mark.

Mark was just wilding. :lol:

As it relates to Westbrook yes. Taking that conversation elsewhere is another topic for another thread.

The NBA thread is a special place on NT. Folks come here to enjoy themselves talking about the best pro league in the world and what immediately orbits it. When it gets to the point we are singling out posters for what perceived race they are we've gone too far. Not the place for that.

That was only a fraction of the discussion.

Are you saying that the next time a fan accosts a player and the incident has racial under tones, that’s a no-go as far as discussing it in this thread?

Or just that specifically asking someone what race they are? Because if it’s the latter, I get that.

But in a league with the demographics being as they are, race is going to come up again.

The way this thread got infiltrated with dense, surface level thinking, non inside joke getting, low fruit picking users who clearly don’t understand the dynamics in here over the past few days is ridiculous :lol:.

I had to resist the urge to go back n forth with the nonsense.

Dubs n Rockets tonight. Threezus breakout (pls :blush:) :pimp: :pimp:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom