**OFFICIAL 2019 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD**

Which team will win the 2018-2019 NBA Championship?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Mark Jackson would be a bad coach if he coached again.

I'd have no problem if some team gave him another chance considering how many coaching retreads there are in the NBA.

I would not want it to be my team.

I think he's got exposed as a liar and a fake. He pins players against each other to make them "more competitive" and works as a politician to keep his job. I doubt he will get another coaching gig. That being said, Danny Ferry is now the Pelicans GM so...

• Banned Jerry West from practice

• Volatile relationship with multiple assistant coaches to the point that one of them was recording him

• Iso-heavy offense with little ball movement. GSW finished outside the top 10 in offensive rating in each of Mark's 3 seasons, which is quite a feat for a team with Steph Curry and Klay Thompson

Jerry west was banned from practice because jackson viewed him as a front office proxy and at that point he knew that he was getting fired

His relationships with Scalabrine and the assistant that recorded him were irreparably damaged due to them reporting things from coaching meetings back to ownership without his knowledge.

Scalabrine also openly challenged mark in front of the players in practice. Brian FREAKING SCALABRINE.

I know that to be a form of betrayal.... what would you call that?

What would you call an coach secretly recording a private convo with the head coach?

Turns out it was a recon mission.

The iso heavy offense was a result of a young team finding its way. If there's any credit Steve Kerr deserves its making tweaks on offense. Ron Adams gets the credit for defensive improvement.

If an iso heavy offense is where you want to criticize Jackson, you could make that same criticism of most coaches in the league at that time. It was not unique to Mark, that's how the league was playing for the most part then.

They also improved every year under his tutelage. People always leave out that part. His biggest crime was not sucking up to ownership.

This is the craziest thing to me. He gets 0 credit for turning the Warriors around. When he took over and said they were a playoff team he got laughed at. The biggest thing that wnded up changing the Warriors was David Lee getting hurt and Kerr being forced to play Draymond. Kerr has said himself that Lee was their starter and they lucked into Dray. The Warriors would have happened with or without Kerr.

**** Kerr.

Didn’t Mark Jackson also have some kind of completely off-court scandal? I have a vague recollection of something like that, but don’t remember any details.

This is the craziest thing to me. He gets 0 credit for turning the Warriors around. When he took over and said they were a playoff team he got laughed at. The biggest thing that wnded up changing the Warriors was David Lee getting hurt and Kerr being forced to play Draymond. Kerr has said himself that Lee was their starter and they lucked into Dray. The Warriors would have happened with or without Kerr.

**** Kerr.

Fax. Draymond unlocked the Dubs to be what they are today and Kerr fell *** backwards into that.

Not saying Mark is a great coach or even a good one. But at the very least he deserves the opportunity to prove himself again.

Maybe he's not getting a job because he is annoying. I have to change the channel when he is doing the broadcast now. You can only hear so many, "Momma there go that man" in your life.

And none of your decision has to do with Van Gundy complaining about everything in life?

Mark definitely made some mistakes but he couldn't have been that bad if those players still spoke highly of him. This thread has said for years that Doc Rivers is a trash coach and he been doing a great job. :lol:

Bron hair back like cooked like crack. Max B wavy.
:lol:

**** Kerr.
The Bucks deserve all of the credit by taking Monta over Steph lol

Reactions: HIM
He got caught having an affair with a stripper and she tried to extort him by threatening to release his **** pics. :lol:

Has nothing to do with his ability to coach.

Now as it pertains to him being a preacher...LOL!

But as far as preachers go, that's par for the course.

This thread has said for years that Doc Rivers is a trash coach and he been doing a great job. :lol:

Speaking of Doc...

I looked up in one of the prayers, and Tariq (Abdul-Wahad) had his arms folded, and you could see that he was really uncomfortable with it,” Rivers said. “So the next game, we were standing up in a circle, and I said, ‘Hey guys, we’re no longer praying.’”

Rivers calls himself a “very religious” man, having grown up in the Second Baptist Church in Maywood, Ill., and praying on his knees every night in his home to this day. But he prefers to practice privately and is quick to note that he has attended church only for funerals the past 15 years.

So, that day, he decided his teams would keep their religious practices private as well.

“We’re no longer praying,” Rivers recalled saying to his team. “I want to take a minute. Everybody close their eyes. We all can have different religions, we have different Gods, we can just take a minute to compose. If you guys want to pray individually, you can do it. If you want to meditate, do whatever you want.

“Then, after that game,Tariq Abdul-Wahad walks in to me, gives me a hug with his eyes tearing, and said: ‘Thank you. That is so important to me. No one has ever respected my (Muslim) religion.’ He said, ‘I’m going to give you everything I’ve got.’”

Fax. Draymond unlocked the Dubs to be what they are today and Kerr fell *** backwards into that.

Not saying Mark is a great coach or even a good one. But at the very least he deserves the opportunity to prove himself again.

Two things are true. Mark deserves credit for defense (Steve ALWAYS gives him credit for that)...and Kerr is a good coach...who lucked into the Draymond thing...but also revamped the warriors offense to maximize their talents.

That’s my takeaway from it.

Kerr lowkey gettonf underrated.

Doc Rivers used to be to average at best Xs and Os guy but was great at managing personalities Sans the Austin Rivers decision which spiraled.

He's greatly improved and runs some good stuff especially out of time outs.

One of the best running sets outta timeouts. His Jamal Crawford love and Bad GM’ing is what really set him back a Lil bit.

Two things are true. Mark deserves credit for defense (Steve ALWAYS gives him credit for that)...and Kerr is a good coach...who lucked into the Draymond thing...but also revamped the warriors offense to maximize their talents.

That’s my takeaway from it.

We'll see how good he is after KD leaves.

What's stopping a Houston rockets championship?

The playoffs

You two.....
2655F133-1B6F-4636-BFE2-6D0C7C40ACF5.png

You sticking with Kerr being the new Phil Jackson?

That was just an answer to his question, I'm not saying he shouldn't get a job because of that. But it is amusing that he does all that preaching, and he got caught up with a stripper on the side. :lol:

I know you wasn't saying that, I just wanted to say that. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom