**OFFICIAL 2019 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD**

Which team will win the 2018-2019 NBA Championship?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
according to erupt you have to make x shots consecutively in a sequence to quantify said zone lol
That depends on where you are shooting from. If I make 2 3s in a row, the 3rd is definitely a heat check. If i make 2 midrange jumpers in a row, thats normal

Fine. There’s no such thing as a hot hand or zone. Sometime players just make a lot of shots in a row, while claiming to feel especially confident, despite it being statistically improbable.

Fine. There’s no such thing as a hot hand or zone. Sometime players just make a lot of shots in a row, while claiming to feel especially confident, despite it being statistically improbable.

It's a make or miss league word to the Jump

bruh even in pick up basketball me or my boys can "get hot" or be "on fire" ..............never even hooped in an organized form and i can tell you that being on fire and "clutch" genes or just having a bit more of a competitive nature does exist.....i dont care if we win or lose, i have buddies that are ready to fight from how competitive they get though lol

100000 percent. it's definitely real. I've experienced it throughout my life in different sports, where you just lock in and everything slows down. Hoops is like no other though because you have the greatest stake and control. I still zone now. Not all of the time, but here and there. Where it just feel like your shooting at a hoola hoop in an empty gym. Defenses cant stop you and they know it. Crowd waiting to play next getting hyped. Every shot is a heat check, and you're sweltering. And its a tangible thing. You definitely know when you're zoned and when you're not. Some days you'll still shoot well, thats an ode to the practice and muscle memory, but the rhythm still feels a bit off; shots may go in, but its not that special golden boy vibe of being in kill mode, so you're less likely to take the more risky shots. Thing is, the flamethrower can strike at any time. You can be having a terrible day, and still randomly find the range and its over. I've had plenty of games where I just wasnt feeling it, and then have b2b games of 14 when we only going to 15.

I always patterned my games after my favorite players, mike, kobe, even threw in some bron the last few years on the account of full game control as far as points and boards and facilitating and because of my body. As I gotten older, I've adopted other styles. Harden size up moves and cp3 side step 3 have been huge additions for me. One of my favorite players to model has been klay. Constant movement, coming off screens, random cuts. Staying mindful that no matter how i take the shot, to square my shoulders. I'm really athletic and a natural shooter/scorer, so shooting more and driving less has been an easy transition.
Plus you the side effects of being in the zone. You don't get tired, don't need to be squared up or have your feet set. All that has to happen is for you to get the shot up.

Ya the zone is real. If you know you know

Even playing 3 on 3 half court I’ll get hot and feel like I just gotta throw it up from 3 and it’s goin in. Amazing feeling

Basketball doesn't operate by the laws of statistics. Being in the zone is a confidence thing. One minute you may miss em all. After that one shot, you get your confidence and jumper back. That's being in the zone.

Bunch of dudes talking about the zone but haven’t touched the court in 3 years.

Can we go back to talking about professional basketball

Talking bout the zone and the last time they hit two jumpers in a row was against some dude that was 5’2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom