**OFFICIAL 2019 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD**

Which team will win the 2018-2019 NBA Championship?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bunch of dudes talking about the zone but haven’t touched the court in 3 years.

Can we go back to talking about professional basketball

Talking bout the zone and the last time they hit two jumpers in a row was against some dude that was 5’2
You ain’t never hit a mini zone against your boys in pick up?

Man...people forget how athletic LeBron really was because he's still so athletic (much less than before), it's amazing to see twilight LeBron still get you 35, 8 and 5 on any given night. I know ALA is in full effect and I'm fully on board, but let's not overlook how good LeBron is at 34.

FYI, I'm also on the LeBron hate bandwagon because it's so much fun, but I respect his game (his GM decisions, not so much)

If the Zone is real then I think we can all agree the sixth man was a documentary.
Sometimes I feel like a dead relative is guiding the ball in the hoop.

tumblr_pd22zq7VW31svlqpoo7_400.gif

Reactions: HIM
100000 percent. it's definitely real. I've experienced it throughout my life in different sports, where you just lock in and everything slows down. Hoops is like no other though because you have the greatest stake and control. I still zone now. Not all of the time, but here and there. Where it just feel like your shooting at a hoola hoop in an empty gym. Defenses cant stop you and they know it. Crowd waiting to play next getting hyped. Every shot is a heat check, and you're sweltering. And its a tangible thing. You definitely know when you're zoned and when you're not. Some days you'll still shoot well, thats an ode to the practice and muscle memory, but the rhythm still feels a bit off; shots may go in, but its not that special golden boy vibe of being in kill mode, so you're less likely to take the more risky shots. Thing is, the flamethrower can strike at any time. You can be having a terrible day, and still randomly find the range and its over. I've had plenty of games where I just wasnt feeling it, and then have b2b games of 14 when we only going to 15.

I always patterned my games after my favorite players, mike, kobe, even threw in some bron the last few years on the account of full game control as far as points and boards and facilitating and because of my body. As I gotten older, I've adopted other styles. Harden size up moves and cp3 side step 3 have been huge additions for me. One of my favorite players to model has been klay. Constant movement, coming off screens, random cuts. Staying mindful that no matter how i take the shot, to square my shoulders. I'm really athletic and a natural shooter/scorer, so shooting more and driving less has been an easy transition.

Cesar????

Plus you the side effects of being in the zone. You don't get tired, don't need to be squared up or have your feet set. All that has to happen is for you to get the shot up.

Exactly. Those who know, know. And I’m going to leave it at that.

The footwork is on point, then the game slows down...the basket looks as big as the ocean, you can hit cutters with a skip pass without even looking. Being in rhythm with the game is being in the zone. It is a form of meditation, as you do not even hear the crowd, it seems to all get dark around you. Dribble passes off the pat, reading defenses, all easy.

Time slows down
Basket gets huge
Incapabale of missing

Is this an NBA street gamebreaker?

How long does the zone last? It only happens in sports? Or are you ever at the office and time slows down. Pen looks huge. Incapable of typos or mistakes on excel spreadsheets? Hands never cramp up.

Y’all might be having strokes.

100000 percent. it's definitely real. I've experienced it throughout my life in different sports, where you just lock in and everything slows down. Hoops is like no other though because you have the greatest stake and control. I still zone now. Not all of the time, but here and there. Where it just feel like your shooting at a hoola hoop in an empty gym. Defenses cant stop you and they know it. Crowd waiting to play next getting hyped. Every shot is a heat check, and you're sweltering. And its a tangible thing. You definitely know when you're zoned and when you're not. Some days you'll still shoot well, thats an ode to the practice and muscle memory, but the rhythm still feels a bit off; shots may go in, but its not that special golden boy vibe of being in kill mode, so you're less likely to take the more risky shots. Thing is, the flamethrower can strike at any time. You can be having a terrible day, and still randomly find the range and its over. I've had plenty of games where I just wasnt feeling it, and then have b2b games of 14 when we only going to 15.

I always patterned my games after my favorite players, mike, kobe, even threw in some bron the last few years on the account of full game control as far as points and boards and facilitating and because of my body. As I gotten older, I've adopted other styles. Harden size up moves and cp3 side step 3 have been huge additions for me. One of my favorite players to model has been klay. Constant movement, coming off screens, random cuts. Staying mindful that no matter how i take the shot, to square my shoulders. I'm really athletic and a natural shooter/scorer, so shooting more and driving less has been an easy transition.

Freeze a wild boy :lol:

I love this comment from D Wade:
"Most of the time, the microphone or the camera is on the player," Miami Heat guard Dwyane Wade said. "It goes both ways. A lot of times it's started from the other way and is directed at the player. You want to say, 'Be above it. Be bigger than that.' But a lot of times, if it's personal, it becomes some things that you just cannot deny or you cannot ignore.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...-racial-taunt-banned-from-nba-arena/39190321/

It is great to see these Black men unified.

Time slows down
Basket gets huge
Incapabale of missing

How long does the zone last? It only happens in sports? Or are you ever at the office and time slows down. Pen looks huge. Incapable of typos or mistakes on excel spreadsheets? Hands never cramp up.

Clock hits noon & those keys look just a little bit bigger

Time slows down
Basket gets huge
Incapabale of missing

When in the zone, all you do is get buckets young blood

I get in the same zone while training, lifting. 315 feels like 225 benching. 405 squat feels a bit lighter, but not that light. Chins with plates don't feel so heavy, the zone, doing back to back 6 minute miles is a breeze, that rhythm is real.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom