**OFFICIAL 2019 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD**

Which team will win the 2018-2019 NBA Championship?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Im off AD personally if it's going to be at the expense of all our young guys, especially BI.

We've seen the worst case scenario play out this year, if this summer goes how many are predicting and say they offer all them for AD again and it gets rejected or he hired elsewhere. You've got this toxic situation for an entire season and year 2 of Bron will be 'wasted'. He's clearly not patient enough to let it grow organically so **** Bron's timeline.
Sooooo, what exactly are y'all going to do? Trade LeBron and then Kyrie, Jimmy, Kawhi, KD, etc, STILL won't sign with yt'all his summer. Too much discord and that would ratchet up the incompetence another level. You're just throwing more gas on the fire.

Okay man i need ya'll to stop switching up narratives everytime it comes to the Lakers (FTR i don't think the Lakers would trade Lebron 1) MONEY 2) MONEY 3) the perception of trading a player of his stature)

With that said when Lakers fan's point towards how The Celtics did IT, How they've dangled the young players in trades... we get told it's not that big of a deal & Players don't care about that

When Laker fans point out that the Clippers Sold Blake on retiring their, the same Blake that made their franchise relevant for the first time in about 25-30 years... Everyone in here says it's overblown & not that big of a deal

When Lakers fans said the Pels handled the AD thing terribly & FA's/ Agents in general would be reluctant to ever want to deal with that franchise... I kept hearing about how it's not relevant to them in the Future because it's for the teams best interest.

But suddenly things like perception and franchise reputation are being brought up in regards to the "thought" of a Lebron trade, suddenly that's a move the Lakers could never recover from. the likely hood of a trade is probably at like 10 percent, but let's not act as if it wouldn't be abundantly clear why the Lakers would shop Lebron in his 16th year after not being able to make the playoffs with him.

So they could've been in a AD deal?

Right. Precisely. If you're doing business with Lebron, (Which everyone was on board with before the season started) You knew that it was going to speed up the timeline. Besides AD is a generational talent who's worth it.

But when you miss in the draft, and mismanage assets, you get screwed in potential future deals like Anthony Davis.

Not only would the Lakers be better with those guys instead of Zo, but they also would be easier to flip in an AD deal.

Trading Shaq was way more controversial than trading Lebron would be because he was ingrained into the community as well as the main reason the Lakers were back on top. There's nothing that Bron has done that in the city of LA and make the fanbase riot. I know a trade isn't likely to happen but there are definitely merits to making it happen.

Sooooo, what exactly are y'all going to do? Trade LeBron and then Kyrie, Jimmy, Kawhi, KD, etc, STILL won't sign with yt'all his summer. Too much discord and that would ratchet up the incompetence another level. You're just throwing more gas on the fire.
most lakernation just want lebby outta there bruh lol

Right. Precisely. If you're doing business with Lebron, (Which everyone was on board with before the season started) You knew that it was going to speed up the timeline. Besides AD is a generational talent who's worth it.

But when you miss in the draft, and mismanage assets, you get screwed in potential future deals like Anthony Davis.

Not only would the Lakers be better with those guys instead of Zo, but they also would be easier to flip in an AD deal.

You don't know what they'd be if they were Lakers. We don't have a good player development structure. We see how every player gets better after they leave here. Their value would more likely probably be depressed just like the current young guys are than elevated.

Trading Shaq was way more controversial than trading Lebron would be because he was ingrained into the community as well as the main reason the Lakers were back on top. There's nothing that Bron has done that in the city of LA and make the fanbase riot. I know a trade isn't likely to happen but there are definitely merits to making it happen.
def too tho
championships

AND you guys still had young Frobe to lean on too.. think thats a major reason why that, even tho it was crazy to trade Shaq.. you still had a super star

You don't know what they'd be if they were Lakers. We don't have a good player development structure. We see how every player gets better after they leave here. Their value would more likely probably be depressed just like the current young guys are than elevated.

Whoa now #yall quick to call the young core great ie Giannis with a jumpshot, dark skinned Blake Griffin, the second coming of Jason kidd, #clearly better than Tatum but now y’all don’t have a good player development team????

A. Oochie Wally
B. One Mic

Pick one

How do you know for a fact this would be the case? Guys don't want to come play with Bron. He's gone and are they more or less likely to want to come? It's trying to eliminate a negative variable.

Whoa now #yall quick to praise the young core great ie Giannis with a jumpshot, dark skinned Blake Griffin, the second coming of Jason kidd, #clearly better than Tatum but now y’all don’t have a good player development team????

A. Oochie Wally
B. One Mic

Pick one

They're good but it's not because of the structure around them it's in spite of it.

Are they getting the best medical care or being put in their best positions to succeed by the coaching staff like those other players? Hell no.

How do you know for a fact this would be the case? Guys don't want to come play with Bron. He's gone and are they more or less likely to want to come? It's trying to eliminate a negative variable.
Guys don't want to play for bad management either. Y'all have been getting spurned by free agents pre-Lebron too. Trading the face of the league just doesn't seem like it'll make things more appealing over there. LeBron aside, Magic and Pelinka haven't exactly knocked it out the park running the team either.

29FC9CE3-EE67-4357-97B0-A0AD11168BF4.jpeg

The kid still needs be in acg boots/lebrons iv

They're good but it's not because of the structure around them it's in spite of it.

Are they getting the best medical care or being put in their best positions to succeed by the coaching staff like those other players? Hell no.

Is there proof of this? I’m speaking from the skills stand point. I’m not smart of enough to deduce injuries so I can’t comment on that.

But if you told me Lauri and Fox a milly were in better development situations coming into the draft than Lonzo and Kuz, we would have laughed, right?

True. I won't debate that.

I do think that Lauri, Donovan, DAFox, were all better prospects off the rip though and would have been better in general, regardless of the player development infrastructure on the Lakers and I believe that in year 2, those guys w/the Lakers would be better than 9/5/5 on 40/30/40. (And I swear this isn't a dig at Lonzo, that's not my point because I think even w/those raw stats he's a solid player). D'Lo was producing amidst the Lakers player development team too.

My point is that, drafting and hitting on the draft are important and missing can set you back big time. They essentially missed on Both Lonzo and D'Lo (by moving on from him too early.) Having those guys would have made trading for AD much easier.

D Fox, and to a lesser extent Michell look great for 2nd year players and would have looked good next to Bron/BI even if you didn't flip them for AD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom