**OFFICIAL 2019 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD**

Which team will win the 2018-2019 NBA Championship?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

600092757_750x422.jpg

yeah he's a maga douchebag. shaq should've buried him

Always felt a bit of a Blake vibe but Blake seemed more polished coming out of OK. Guess I’m just thinking athletically both freaks

Blake was a better scorer and Zion is a smarter defender.

Would a Barkley comp make more sense? I'm thinking undersized PFs with high motor, can share the ball and have a knack for getting rebounds and making big plays when it counts. I've never watched Barkley in College tho.

Would a Barkley comp make more sense? I'm thinking undersized PFs with high motor, can share the ball and have a knack for getting rebounds and making big plays when it counts. I've never watched Barkley in College tho.
Larry Johnson

There's no way to be free unless you take the QO playing for 1 yr after your rookie deal with low money so you won't be a restricted FA the following year (which is just plain stupid in case you get injured ie: nurkic, PG, etc). If he went into FA after his rookie deal the suns would just match any max offer he got, so he was stuck regardless. It was smart to take the max extension early so he was covered in case of injury then become an unrestricted FA after that contract is over at age 27. Had nothing to do with him choosing to stay in phoenix and play for that franchise. The CBA is set up for you to be forced to stay 7-8 years minimum now with the team that drafts you unless you want to risk playing on a QO
KP is free :lol:

I love when these idiots are ejected.... Some of these chumps do need to get punched in the mouth.

I think Barkley makes sense because the heights are more comparable. Blake’s a legit 6’10” and Zion is closer to 6’6”, like Barkley was.

“He makes $30M a year, he should be able to make guys better”
I mean he was the main one asking for Ulis to stay lol

Point Book is the wave, not 2 guard Book lol IMO he works better with a defensive minded guard who can shoot. A 6'3" Canaan basically

I would love to see Book paired w Jrue but thats another story

1. Dolan
2. NY Media
3. Cold
4. KD soft
5. Only Clippers can afford 3 max

4/5 reasons KD not going to NY

He didn’t move all his people to New York already to be on the complete other side of the country from them. I also think the last thing he wants to do is be apart of joining another “super team.” He also grew up in the DMV then lived in OKC for most of his career. I don’t think he’s worried about the cold.

Kawhi will be a Clipper.

Give him $300M and he's not making Mike James an NBA rotation player

But his VORP last year and this year is just 1.2, which is lower than Darren Collison (1.7).

And I’m sorry, but when DC, who is not having an All-Star year by any stretch, puts up a better bottom-line advanced stat number than you do, you don’t get to call yourself anything resembling elite.

A 1.2 VORP is about 3 wins over a season better than if you get hurt and they have to fish a guy out of the G-League to replace you.

Booker also has just .064 WS/48, which would make him an average player on a 25-win team.

And he does all this with a 32.1 usage rate that immediately calls into question whether you really want him using all of your possessions.

All of this serves to explain why the Suns are just 2.3 points better in Net Rating (just a six-win swing over a season) with him on the floor than off.

Booker is also a disaster movie defensively, so putrid that he’s barely above zero Defensive Win Shares, and his DBPM belongs in conversation with Shaqtin-era Harden and fresh-out-of-college Steph.

Even when you account for the fact that he’s on the Suns, the numbers aren’t kind.

But his VORP last year and this year is just 1.2, which is lower than Darren Collison (1.7).

And I’m sorry, but when DC, who is not having an All-Star year by any stretch, puts up a better bottom-line advanced stat number than you do, you don’t get to call yourself anything resembling elite.

A 1.2 VORP is about 3 wins over a season better than if you get hurt and they have to fish a guy out of the G-League to replace you.

Booker also has just .064 WS/48, which would make him an average player on a 25-win team.

And he does all this with a 32.1 usage rate that immediately calls into question whether you really want him using all of your possessions.

All of this serves to explain why the Suns are just 2.3 points better in Net Rating (just a six-win swing over a season) with him on the floor than off.

Booker is also a disaster movie defensively, so putrid that he’s barely above zero Defensive Win Shares, and his DBPM belongs in conversation with Shaqtin-era Harden and fresh-out-of-college Steph.

Even when you account for the fact that he’s on the Suns, the numbers aren’t kind.

This is low key how ridiculous a lot of advanced stats are when you dig into it. It's mental masturbation for nerds

Didn’t someone on here say Phoenix is going to go hard after D Lo in the Summer? Would be interesting, I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom