**OFFICIAL 2019 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD**

Which team will win the 2018-2019 NBA Championship?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rookie of the Year

1. Luka Doncic
2. Trae Young
3. Jaren Jackson Jr.

Doncic's late-season slide and Young's scorching February and March created the perception of a race, but I'm not sure there is any real case for Young beyond an edge in assists. The first 40 games count, and Young over that time was one of the worst players in the league -- a piece of tissue fluttering around on defense who missed nearly everything on the other end.

Doncic built an insurmountable advantage. Even now, his shooting numbers are better, though Young's higher 3-point volume closes that gap some. Doncic is maybe a slightly below-average defender; the Hawks would throw a party if Young checked in as slightly below average next season. Doncic's size gives him some positional flexibility. He's a plus rebounder; rebounding is part of defense.

The advanced numbers, if you are care about those, paint this as a blowout. Young is going to be a sensational offensive player. His 3-point shot came alive over the second half of the season on the kind of high-wire diet that bends defenses to their breaking point -- 30-footers, step-backs, pull-ups going both directions on the pick-and-roll. He is already one of the 10 best passers in the league, and that might be selling him short.

But Doncic is in that group too, and he was better over the full season.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/26481556/zach-lowe-2018-19-nba-awards-ballot-winners-tight-races?

This is gonna blow up in their face :lol:. They're doing all kinda goofy **** trying to play the numbers. They haven't played real basketball in 2 or 3 games and they're going up against the sharpest knife in the drawer in pop. It's not good to mess with your momentum and chemistry like that and look passed the opponent in front of you

I could understand if they were a playoff tested team, but you are throwing a team full of guys with no experience into the flames, worrying about seeding.

I’m legit sad, man. I have been listening to Ralph call games for almost 30 years. Going to be a new world without him. But he deserves that nice retirement with Sweet Jo. :nthat:
legit will shed a tear at the game if I end up keeping my tix. Got sad at seeing the piece they did showing the team brining a cake on the plane of this last road trip back. To see his health deteriorate, he needs to retire and enjoy the rest of his life. Better see a statue of him next to Chick.

So....., are the Lakers technically in shambles though? Asking for a friend

InconsequentialMerryAnemoneshrimp-size_restricted.gif

This is gonna blow up in their face :lol:. They're doing all kinda goofy **** trying to play the numbers. They haven't played real basketball in 2 or 3 games and they're going up against the sharpest knife in the drawer in pop. It's not good to mess with your momentum and chemistry like that and look passed the opponent in front of you
Are y’all really this worked up about Denver throwing 1 game? They actually tried to win these other ones :lol:

If New Orleans fans besides Freddy Fig gave a **** about basketball, then this whole situation would be so much uglier for AD. He's basically skating on blowback and LeBron caught most of the flack for drama with the Lakers' young guys who were supposed to have been in the trade. :lol:

If New Orleans fans besides Freddy Fig gave a **** about basketball, then this whole situation would be so much uglier for AD. He's basically skating on blowback and LeBron caught most of the flack for drama with the Lakers' young guys who were supposed to have been in the trade. :lol:

My boy Giannis out here leading his team to the promise land while HIM HIM boy AD gets his clothes laid out for him

#notmygenerationalbig

Houston and Portland are like a game behind if that. Denver ain’t the second best team at all in reality
Bro, I'm telling you I meant 2nd best record in the standings. :lol: And Denver has been battling the Warriors for 1st place most of the season. I don't know why you want to debate this.

Are y’all really this worked up about Denver throwing 1 game? They actually tried to win these other ones :lol:

I dunno bro. If it's your first time in the playoffs, how you just gonna casually look passed a guy with 5 rings? All because you're worried about a team in the 2nd round full of guys that has never won ****. Lol. Doesn't seem like a sound strategy to me

So basically Rob Pelinka been getting his littlefinger on for my GOT initiated. Magic wanted to can Luke which was to be done today but also get rid if Pelinka as well which is where the contention with Jeanie came up. Magic steps down and now Pelinka is advising Jeanie. This is wild.

Bro, I'm telling you I meant 2nd best record in the standings. :lol: And Denver has been battling the Warriors for 1st place most of the season. I don't know why you want to debate this.
I was noting Houston is like a game worse :lol: Denver isn’t the second best by much of a margin

Further, them avoiding Houston should be the top priority for many reasons. That’s all

Nuggets are 2-6 against GS/HOU and 13-7 vs the rest of the west playoff teams(1-3 vs Jazz)

If Portland wins tonight and gets 3rd Denver will be 12-4 against the Spurs/Blazers/Thunder since that will probably be the bottom half of the West bracket...

Whether you buy Malone's rest excuse or not a team that's just as young as Knicks/Suns are playing the odds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom