**OFFICIAL 2019 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD**

Which team will win the 2018-2019 NBA Championship?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Or...it's hard to build a winner when you pay out $111 Million to subpar players like Meyers Leonard and Evan Turner.

Its just hard if the player is eligible for it they’ll Rightfully ask for it. John Wall got a supermax if he wasn’t offered that in was he’d probably asked to be traded. It rewards the player for being “loyal” but the team has to pay for a large amount for just one player.

No. I’ll save your gif for a later day.

I’m saying for the people who say that the overall money aka the BRI (Basketball related income), revenue etc has gone up, which is why players salaries have gone up, that’s cool.

However, What job you know has the employees making more if not almost as much as the boss?

I feel that 40-50 million for one player as a yearly salary is silly.

However, What job you know has the employees making more if not almost as much as the boss?

You think NBA players make more than the owners?

No. I’ll save your gif for a later day.

What is happening right now? Someone help me.

*RussellWestbrook.Gif*

The players get paid a percentage of the profits. Im pretty sure it’s a near 50/50 split. The salary cap is just 50% of the total revenue. Where do you think the other 50% revenue goes :lol:

NBA makes more money = players get more money

I just think the yearly salaries are too Big.

Never thought I’d say that in the 20+ years of being a fan and being pro player.

They honestly should do away with max contracts altogether, let the superstars get paid their actual worth. Somebody like Giannis is easily worth 60-70 million a year to the Bucks.

And if you want parity that's how to do it truly. There'd be no KD & Steph being able to be on the same team.

I just think the yearly salaries are getting too big. You’re just dribbling a basketball.

Never thought I’d say that in the 20+ years of being a fan and being pro player.

You’re only worth as much as someone is willing to pay. It’s not just “dribbling a basketball”.

It’s years of hard work and dedication.
It’s competition at the highest level.
Maybe YOU don’t think they should make that much but when people are willing to drop 20k on floor seats, why shouldn’t the players people are paying to see make more money?

Charles Barkley’s Highest yearly salary was 9 million and he was on the wrong side of 30. He made less than 75 million during his career.

I can only imagine what prime MJ, Hakeem, etc would be worth in this day and age.

I get it. Inflation, etc etc etc. but I’m just blown away by the yearly salaries that of those day and age.

I come from the old school with 30 million per year was MJ level and you had 18-20 million elf year table where Zo, Sheed, Ewing etc sat

I miss the days of max nba salaries being 4-5 years 100-125 million 15-25 per year etc

When Patrick Ewing got 4 years 68 million, people were shocked (summer 1996).

Jordan getting 30 million (96-97 and 97-98) wasn’t too much of a shock outside of Jerry Reinsdorf (Bulls Chairman) sincs he was underpaid and made the nba a ton of money during his time.

I’m sorry but 56 million a year for one player is ridiculous.

And for those that say well the overall money is up, ok cool, but what job you know has the employees making more than the boss/owners?

You know teams are selling for a billion dollars, right?

I’m not envious of nba salaries or players.

I’m going in to the grave watching this lovely game but these salaries just blow my mind.

I’d stick to baseball bat or basketball if I were a kid. :lol:

If I were Portland, I would try to flip Nurkic for a wing of some sort and then try to turn the expirings into Kevin Love.

They aren’t going to be able to improve drastically through the draft, and I’m not sure they are going to be able to get a big time FA to come to Portland. Making smart trades seems like the most feasible way to get better.

can they tho with him being hurt?

Look at what lebron generated for Cleveland.

The bucks just built a half a billion dollar facility off the strength of Giannis. He’s only making $25Ms this season. That place doesn’t go up without him

It’s just amazing to me how far it’s come.

Yeah LeBron alone helped remodel downtown Cleveland. That hub was dry for 4 years until he returned.

I’m just the old man who wants everyone to stay off my lawn while I listen to my Walkman. lol

Allow me to go back to collecting cans so I can get a Dame Jersey.

But I don’t believe Portland should do a massive overhaul.

I do think they should listen to offers for CJMac. They need to upgrade their starting front court. Seth Curry is a keeper.

This season was a success. I don’t believe anyone outside of Portland had them going that far.

can they tho with him being hurt?

I think that makes it pretty unlikely he gets traded in the Summer, along with the fact centers - even good ones - are not as marketable in trade as they once were.

They could try shopping CJ, but I doubt they’d get enough in return that it would be a bet gain for them.

I know the G league doesnt earn much revenue but cot damn slice a million of the cap and add it to G league. Since almost every team has an affiliate. Players there should be living more comfortably and make closer to overseas wages.

See that’s one thing I would do with all the money the nba generates. Perhaps expand so every nba team has a g league team.

This past g league season was pretty solid. Caught a few L.I. Nets games and The product overall was worth the ticket I paid for.

Lol if you take away the cap that just makes things worse, from a parity standpoint. Someone will construct a super team worse than the warriors.

I didn't say eliminate the cap. Keep the salary cap just eliminate the max contract. Make it a hard cap and teams will have to make some real decision. Steph is worth 80 million to GS what is Klay and Draymond worth and how will you allocate the funds. It'll distribute the stars over the league.

I think that makes it pretty unlikely he gets traded in the Summer, along with the fact centers - even good ones - are not as marketable in trade as they once were.

They could try shopping CJ, but I doubt they’d get enough in return that it would be a bet gain for them.

they just gotta run it back

alot of their fans think they'd have a chance if they had Nurk this series

not me tho lol

The Super max is great for teams from a business standpoint, not so good for actual on court tho.

Like for OKC, having a superstar like Russ is amazing for them in terms of selling seats/endorsements/visibility etc etc. Paying him nearly 50M's in his mid 30's is gonna be terrible on the basketball court tho. I guess the positive is that the contracts are relatively short tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom