**OFFICIAL 2019 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD**

Which team will win the 2018-2019 NBA Championship?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't say eliminate the cap. Keep the salary cap just eliminate the max contract. Make it a hard cap and teams will have to make some real decision. Steph is worth 80 million to GS what is Klay and Draymond worth and how will you allocate the funds. It'll distribute the stars over the league.
If you keep the cap not sure how it changes anything except the larger names get paid more and the lesser names paid less. The pie is the same, just changing how a team distributes that pie.

Yeah I overlooked the contract lengths. And it’s good too because x player can reup for more. Ok the old man is Learning. :lol:

Remember when the standard at one point was 7 years 120 ish, and the owners won the fight to lessen the max contract?

If you keep the cap not sure how it changes anything except the larger names get paid more and the lesser names paid less. The pie is the same, just changing how a team distributes that pie.

Say you have a hard cap of 130 million instead of the soft cap that's in place now.

Steph Curry is worth 80-90 million to GS.

That leaves 40 million to fill out the entire rest of the roster and you can't exceed that number.

Somebody offers Klay a 40 million/yr deal. You sure you going to tie almost your entire cap up in 2 guys? See how that encourages a real decision for front offices that now isn't really as punitive especially when you can go over the cap to resign your own guys?

Say you have a hard cap of 130 million instead of the soft cap that's in place now.

Steph Curry is worth 80-90 million to GS.

That leaves 40 million to fill out the entire rest of the roster and you can't exceed that number.

Somebody offers Klay a 40 million/yr deal. You sure you going to tie almost your entire cap up in 2 guys? See how that encourages a real decision for front offices that now isn't really as punitive especially when you can go over the cap to resign your own guys?
I think this is assuming that the top players are going to be greedy to the point that they'll handicap the owners ability to put together a team.

upload_2019-5-21_11-21-10.jpeg

I didn't say eliminate the cap. Keep the salary cap just eliminate the max contract. Make it a hard cap and teams will have to make some real decision. Steph is worth 80 million to GS what is Klay and Draymond worth and how will you allocate the funds. It'll distribute the stars over the league.
so you want an inferior product on the floor where most teams have 1 superstar. no thank you.

how about just drafting properly and build from that? philly, gsw, portland, bucks had the right model and they flourished.

Blazers are stuck in 2nd round purgatory, especially with that Dame contract.

Doubt we’ll see them in the WCF again, outside of some given luck

Aaron Gordon make so much sense on that team but idk if Orlando would do it
Portland doesn’t have much to trade...but Anfernee Simons/Collins , Layman/Trent Jr, Harkless and a couple future 1sts would probly be the best they can do if the Magic want to move Gordon ...depends if they plan on re signing Vucci or not tho

I'm :lol::lol: & :smh::smh: at them not even having a possible scenario for Wall in a fantasy article. Wall my man, but a dude who's game relies on elite Athleticism.... is turning 30, popped his heel & then his Achilles... and that deal is JUST starting next season. I know the CBA added the Supermax to help teams but again bad GM's are gonna be bad GM's and they are gonna turn these contracts into extremely bad investments... and start crying about the teams in bigger markets again.

Under No circumstance was John Wall a guy who should have thought twice about getting the supermax, if you wanna walk then walk but paying John Wall 50M's in his mid 30's :sick::sick:

Silver also conceded that LeBron James' relocation from the Cleveland Cavaliers to the Los Angeles Lakers - and his subsequent absence from this spring's playoffs - affected ratings, which were down across the NBA in the first round of the postseason.

"Face it, LeBron is one of the biggest stars in the world, and he also played in the East," Silver said. "... Not having LeBron in the playoffs, not having him in the East, has clearly impacted ratings."

Was this a topic in here at one point?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom