**OFFICIAL 2019 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD**

Which team will win the 2018-2019 NBA Championship?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
something else I was thinking about this morning, because i was so taken aback by the lack of emotional response in regards to the pain and at least sudden soreness of an achilles injury on kevin's face......bro they must've REALLLLLLLY shot his leg up with some type of industrial pain killer. made me think of Grant hill and his complaints and anger with orlando and detroit over his ankle issues and how he was just shot up and told he was fine. Kev is an emotional guy, to not have any type of immediate facial response to a tendon rupture...he probably didn't feel the hurt at all, just the instability after the pop.

he probably felt no pain and thought he could push his body even more. you see that a lot when they shoot you up
my buddy had a shot once and he instantly could feel it. was able to pain free in his shoulder and felt he could run through the wall
said he could also taste it in his mouth instantly

if i am the knicks, clippers, nets, etc. i am still knocking on that door the minute free agency begins. maybe, he doesn't come this summer and decides to opt in but you still have to leave a good impression in hopes of next summer

I like the approach this new FO took in terms of hiring a coach. Seems like they did their due diligence and didn't just hire the cheapest guy (at least that's how it seemed from the outside looking in). He's from the mold of Pop and Bud, so could be a good guy. Bud likes bigs who can shoot, so fits the mold of JJJ. Just make sure you commit to him for more than 2 years. This may be our last opportunity at a decent candidate if we decide to fire him within a 2 year period like we've done the last 4 guys.

Last edited:
Everyone owes Derrick Rose an apology from 2012.

If they say aren't ready, they aren't ready. Team doctors are exactly that: Team Doctors. Employees for the team, not the players.

These guys know their bodies.
Yea the team coulda officially **** him down..but at the same time nobody forces any of these dudes to play, KD coulda just straight up said no like Kawhi did last year if he really wanted to ...I cant be too mad at if a player decides to go out there and gets hurt

if i am the knicks, clippers, nets, etc. i am still knocking on that door the minute free agency begins. maybe, he doesn't come this summer and decides to opt in but you still have to leave a good impression in hopes of next summer

If I did offer him a 4 year deal, it wouldn’t be at full max. Sure he’s KD, and he’ll probably get it anyway. But that’s way too risky of a game. $38mil starting salary to a torn Achilles at 31? That could be a crippling move if he ends up half the player he is. Half the player is still good. But it’s with 1 year already lost. And each year on the other side of 30 is likely diminishing returns.

My sales pitch would be, I want you on this team. And pair you with so and so. But you have to understand the risk. I won’t have you year 1. So 25% of the deal is already a sunk cost as far as basketball product. Can you leave some money on the table, to allow me the ability to pair you with as many good players as I can to alleviate the pressure when you get back?

And if he says no, I want the full max. You pass.

In 2020-21 season he may be KD again. And if you passed, so be it. But if he’s not, man are you screwed

*And by not offering full max. It’d still be about $30mil

Yea the team coulda officially **** him down..but at the same time nobody forces any of these dudes to play, KD coulda just straight up said no like Kawhi did last year if he really wanted to ...I cant be too mad at if a player decides to go out there and gets hurt

Nobody forced KD out there. There is a championship on the line and KD could see the glory of saving his losing team from getting dumped out of the Finals. Would be legendary if he comes out injured and leads them back from a deficit to a win.

Was a risk and he took it.

A calf strain and torn achilles are obviously different but Durant was playing at like 60% last night & was the best player on the floor. I'd have some reservations about giving him the full max but if that's what it takes to get him in NY, I'd do it.

His slim frame will help, too.

whew giving KD the max or not would keep me up at night.

I'd probably lean against it tbh scared money don't make money but KD would have me scared as **** :lol:

wrong side of 30, paying him 38Ms a year and **** nahhhhh sway, I'on know man...you'd have to KNOW that he could come back and be his old self because it's not like this is a role player, this is your entire franchise. Could easily end up being a terrible move that can't be moved, crippling your ability to improve as a team.

Wonder what the process is like for creating content for single sport networks like NBATV or NFL Network.

Tough to not get repetitive

The starters is for the Reddit nba community.
Somebody must’ve been watching that bull**** for them to last so long.

Trash *** show :lol:
What else are NBA fans going to watch? We’ve got like half a dozen shows total.:lol:

I wish they would recast the jump.

whew giving KD the max or not would keep me up at night.

I'd probably lean against it tbh scared money don't make money but KD would have me scared as **** :lol:

wrong side of 30, paying him 38Ms a year and **** nahhhhh sway, I'on know man...you'd have to KNOW that he could come back and be his old self because it's not like this is a role player, this is your entire franchise. Could easily end up being a terrible move that can't be moved, crippling your ability to improve as a team.
dubs in a tough position. if they don't offer him a big contract, they will look bad as an organization for pretty screwing him over and giving a him lowball offer. if they do max him out long term, they handcuff themselves with him being out a yr while preventing them to add depth

dubs in a tough position. if they don't offer him a big contract, they will look bad as an organization for pretty screwing him over and giving a him lowball offer. if they do max him out long term, they handcuff themselves with him being out a yr while preventing them to add depth

Handcuffed either way.

Curry, Klay and Draymond basically leave you with money for role players anyway.

Yea GS doesn't really lose much in terms of flexibility if they sign KD (outside of luxury/repeater tax). But if they let KD go & resigned Klay they would still have nothing left but vet minimums & the tax payer MLE. If i'm them i'm hoping KD just opts in but if he wants the long deal you pretty much gotta pay it & pray they could pick up some cheap vets/ mismangaed young guys to fill out the roster next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom