**OFFICIAL 2019 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD**

Which team will win the 2018-2019 NBA Championship?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
A calf strain and torn achilles are obviously different but Durant was playing at like 60% last night & was the best player on the floor. I'd have some reservations about giving him the full max but if that's what it takes to get him in NY, I'd do it.

His slim frame will help, too.

Agreed with you, you take away his production and Raptors could've won that game. Also agreed on his overall slim physique aiding his recovery. I think he'll back to full strength given the right healing and recovery process.

:lol: KD ain't even going to consider offers shy of the max. For what? He can just stay and rehab and make $32 mil next year before hitting the market again healthy.

If you want to get him out of Golden State, you'd gonna pay the dude $37m or whatever to rehab for a year. No way around it.

“It’s always felt like Durant’s decision would have a domino effect among star players this summer. Maybe it still will, but there’s a lot more for players to ponder.

“All of which adds a bit more intrigue to what happens with Anthony Davis in the ramp-up to next week’s NBA Draft. If Durant’s injury gives Irving even more reason to consider staying in Boston, then the Celtics going all-in to acquire Davis could ensure Irving stays here.”

Of course, there’s the possibility that Irving is intent on leaving Boston regardless of what Durant does, a notion the Celtics reportedly already believe. Moreover, there are rumblings Boston has shifted its focus toward other trades and/or free agent signings in an effort to strengthen a core of young stars Jaylen Brown and Jayson Tatum.

One of the Celtics’ reported targets is Houston Rockets star big man Clint Capela, although such a trade seems unlikely considering Boston’s salary cup situation. How this dizzying game of NBA musical chairs ends is anyone’s guess. But there’s a real possibility that, in a year’s time, Celtics fans will look at Durant’s injury as one of the most significant turning points in franchise history.

I would only sign KD for the max if I could pair him with another superstar should things go awry.

Like when Magic signed TMac and Grant Hill

Kyrie is so ******* gone from Boston that any reporter that even mentions the possibility of him even considering staying should no longer be taken serious.

Kyrie is so ****ing gone from Boston that any reporter that even mentions the possibility of him even considering staying should no longer be taken serious.

I think we all believe he's 99.9% gone. But we're also underestimating his unpredictability.

Wouldn't be surprised if he was changing his mind about where he's going by the hour.

I hope Kyrie resigns because I want total chaos this summer

But for someone with an injury history, the idea of playing with AD and getting a max deal isn’t something I’d simply blow off if I were Kyrie *shrugs*

I hope Kyrie resigns because I want total chaos this summer

But for someone with an injury history, the idea of playing with AD and getting a max deal isn’t something I’d simply blow off if I were Kyrie *shrugs*

He can do that in LA. haha lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom