**OFFICIAL 2019 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD**

Which team will win the 2018-2019 NBA Championship?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rich Paul declaring it a rental to the C's actually takes some of the stink off of Ainge.

I've always thought Mook would want to stay, but if it falls apart can't blame him for dipping.

Nah Ainge ain't getting off the hook. Everybody knew this was the case yet he still tried to sell NO on a faux dream.

Rich Paul takes umbrage at the suggestion he would attempt to send Anthony Davis to the Los Angeles Lakers to benefit LeBron James.

“Did you say that to David Falk? Would you say that to Arn Tellem?” Paul asks about two other legendary agents in a profile in Sports Illustrated written by S.L. Price. “You’re only saying that because you feel like, ‘Well, Rich wouldn’t be in this position without LeBron,’ right? My thing is: Take LeBron off the Lakers. Are the Lakers not a great destination for an arguably top-two player that went to Kentucky and won a national championship, signed with Nike? For a team that’s had centers from George Mikan to Wilt Chamberlain to Kareem Abdul-Jabbar to Shaq?

“So now, when you add LeBron, that’s what? The cherry on top. LeBron’s 34 years old. Anthony Davis is 26. So when LeBron’s done playing, the Anthony Davis trade is still rolling. What better place to do it than L.A.? If it was L.A.—I never said ‘L.A.’ But there’s no negative to that. Who gives a s--- what you’re talking about, about me trying to help LeBron out? No, I’m not. I’m trying to help Anthony Davis. Now, if helping Anthony Davis helps LeBron in the long run? So be it. But my goal is Anthony Davis.”

Paul then speaks of the New York Knicks, who are the other team atop Davis' list.

“The only difference is, they don’t have as many championships as the Lakers,” said Paul. “They got a tradition. It’s a big market—not that it’s only big markets. They have cap space, flexibility, they’re able to absorb more than one star. What’s wrong with that?”

Paul also confirms that he warned off the Boston Celtics of their interest.

“They can trade for him, but it’ll be for one year,” Paul says. “I mean: If the Celtics traded for Anthony Davis, we would go there and we would abide by our contractual [obligations] and we would go into free agency in 2020. I’ve stated that to them. But in the event that he decides to walk away and you give away assets? Don’t blame Rich Paul.”

Ultimately, any team trading for Davis will do so without any assurances.

“Where he’s going to land? I have no idea,” Paul says. “And it don’t matter. We’re going into free agency. Why does it matter to me where he goes? Earth: We’re going into free agency. He has a year, he has to play. But after that, I can’t say it no bigger: WE ARE GOING INTO FREE AGENCY. 2020: ANTHONY DAVIS WILL BE IN FREE AGENCY.”

A part of me thinks this article was bad timing for these whole trade process, much like trying to strong arm the Pels 10 days before the trade deadline. We'll see though.

Nah Ainge ain't getting off the hook. Everybody knew this was the case yet he still tried to sell NO on a faux dream.

He's not off the hook, but it takes some of the stink off of him.

Front offices know that they, like Ainge, would do the exact same thing if the guy that said he was coming back didn't (Kyrie) AND the agent of the main target came out and said stay away.

Ainge only goofed by asking the Pels to wait back at the deadline. But that was before Kyrie blew up in his face. And at that point Davis himself was denying the reports that certain teams weren't on his list.

AD said everybody was on his list at the all star break after he didn't get dealt. His destination from the beginning was the true one and same one he's saying now, the Lakers and the Knicks.

Pels and Ainge goofed.

Ainge would only goof if he actually liquidated the team for an AD rental. He didn't goof by not "keeping his word." Either way, he can still make an aggressive offer like he said he would do at the deadline. He never specifically put names on the table that we know of. And at the same time it can drive the Lakers cost up to closer to what it was in February.

Sounds like the Celtics made an offer that the Pelicans are interested in

I wouldn't be surprised if AInge made an aggressive offer for the sole purpose preserving the bidding war and making sure the Lakers had to part with exactly what they were going to in February. I can see him being petty like that. NBA business is a dirty game.

Or he wants to sit at the table because of some 3 way deal we don't know about.

There are dozens of scenarios.

The Nets and free agent forward Tobias Harris have mutual free agent interest in each other, league sources told The Athletic. Harris represents a fit at power forward, where Brooklyn shuffled four players last season. Harris, who turns 27 on July 15, fits the age trajectory of Brooklyn’s young core, provides offensive versatility as a playmaking four in pick-and-roll sets and as a shooter, and fits Brooklyn’s culture as a well-regarded teammate over his career.

Harris’ family and Nets coach Kenny Atkinson were separated by less than 10 miles on Long Island while growing up and Steve Atkinson – Kenny’s brother – was one of Harris’ coaches in high school.

Whether the Nets choose to sign Irving and let Russell walk or re-sign Russell, Harris would fit alongside either point guard.

Nikola Mirotic is another player who fits Brooklyn’s style of play as a stretch forward and is expected to sign at a cheaper cost than Durant and Harris, and potentially on a shorter contract with any team in free agency.

https://theathletic.com/1022064/201...-injury-could-impact-the-nets-in-free-agency/

I'd take DLo in Philly. Not at a max but he fits offball with Simmons and Embiid. Zhaire would have to start because a backcourt of JJ and DLo is asking for trouble

Kyrie and Tobias worth letting D'Lo walk?

A resounding no. Sean Marks about to skip steps and realize he’s where he started.

I think so. Kyrie/D'Lo/Dinwiddie seems a little redundant.

Unless we're not accounting for a potentially bigger move like AD or KD.

Or you know move the worst of the 3 in Dinwiddie and make the room to sign Kyrie and Tobias with DLo

Cool that Rich Paul thinks the Lakers still are a premier destination. I’m in the camp that thinks it’s good for LA and the NBA when the Lakers are good. My issue is that the Lakers seem to be the only NBA team Rich wants his clients to play for. And I don’t say that out of bitterness because I wasn’t that big on the Clippers to trading for AD anyway. But it is what it is.

It has to be better for the NBA when the Lakers, Knicks, Celtics, Philly, Pistons, etc are all good. We haven't had that for a while though :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom