**OFFICIAL 2019 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD**

Which team will win the 2018-2019 NBA Championship?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
He has to?

Why?

You're reaching.

The whole point was to be that bidding partner that at the very least drives up the price on AD. All the other suitors have pulled out and just yesterday BOS was supposedly moving on from AD since Kyrie is outta there. Now all of a sudden they're back in the mix with no specifics at all. Apparently the leaks aren't coming from the Lakers so at the very least Ainge is allowing Griff to use the Celtics as leverage to try and get more out of the Lakers.

https://www.si.com/nba/2019/06/12/r...up-lakers-pelicans-lebron-james-anthony-davis

Is it just me or was that Sports Ilustrsted Cover piece on Rich Paul a low key aggregation of sneak disses and contempt ?

The writers name is SL Price.

He referred to Bron’s Crew as a “posse” like the Phil Jackson thing never happened.

He said Bron and AD posed together for a picture with a fan after a Lakers/Pelicans game “like tourists at a disaster scene”.

He relayed some details about a convo Rich had with AD’s girlfriend about a looming purchase of a house (this could have been cut and added no value to the story).

Rich put his grandma and uncle on speaker phone and Price felt it super important to include the details of a request by Paul’s relatives for money (added no value to the story).

I dunno it just seemed like the article started off well and by the end I was just thinking how it was written in poor taste.

Last edited:
Boston is only doing due diligence. I highly doubt Ainge is going to offer anything that NOP would consider given AD and Rich Paul’s stance on not going there.

Also for what it’s worth we still can’t trade for Davis even tho Kyrie declined his PO

The whole point was to be that bidding partner that at the very least drives up the price on AD. All the other suitors have pulled out and just yesterday BOS was supposedly moving on from AD since Kyrie is outta there. Now all of a sudden they're back in the mix with no specifics at all. Apparently the leaks aren't coming from the Lakers so at the very least Ainge is allowing Griff to use the Celtics as leverage to try and get more out of the Lakers.

And if the Pelicans don't get the Lakers to bite, won't the Pelicans look to the Knicks or Nets, a team in Boston's conference?

Would a future favor that Griffin could do for Ainge in your scenario be worth Ainge tempting that fate?

And if the Pelicans don't get the Lakers to bite, won't the Pelicans look to the Knicks or Nets, a team in Boston's conference?

Would a future favor that Griffin could do for Ainge in your scenario be worth Ainge tempting that fate?

Cause the Lakers have the best assets willing to trade. The Nets, Knicks, nor Celtics (since Kyrie is bouncing) do. They have to do business with the Lakers or hope some mystery team comes in and blows them away for a rental.

I predict some random *** deal this weekend like:

AD to BOS for

Smart and 2 draft picks.

Mark my words.

IMG_20190613_055419.jpg

Outside of eventually stabbing Vogel in the back for his job, I thought J. Kidd was hired to help Zo develop - now he is in trade talks. So what's really going on?

We still have to acknowledge that the Celtics and Lakers are engaged in separate trade talks.

Outside of eventually stabbing Vogel in the back for his job, I thought J. Kidd was hired to help Zo develop - now he is in trade talks. So what's really going on?

The front office has zero direction at all, they just know they need to get a star for LeBron to play with this summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom