**OFFICIAL 2019 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD**

Which team will win the 2018-2019 NBA Championship?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
so as opposed to dynasties, cats would like to see a different team win each year?

like if the next 5 years were

atl
utah
den
ind
por

cats would be cool with that?

idk, but the concept of "super team" seems to be associated with teams where the majority of their cores are assembled via free agency as opposed to the draft. maybe im just shifting goalposts to fit my argument, but "superteam" has a negative connotation, as in it's just cheating thru FA. however, i can't blame a team for drafting well. 90s bulls, 2000s spurs, this decade's warriors, the future bucks.
Why waste time responding to that dude. Dudes with the worst teams talk the most ****

isn't that why the NFL is popular?

You could argue that the Patriots are certainly a Dynasty. They win with nobodies though. They build their team through the draft and have had some excellent draft picks while making some great free agent signings here and there.

But then again, football is a sport where a system can excel, and even when Tom has been hurt, it’s been proven that Bill’s system is still pretty successful.

isn't that why the NFL is popular?

NFL doesn’t really have as much parity as people think. Giants, Peyton, Brady, and Steelers have 12 of the last 17 titles.

Whereas in baseball, there’s been 12 different winners in the last 17 years. (Really 12 in the last 18 since I went back to 01 - I just wanted to make my point lol). Pretty sure Hockey is the same way if not moreso minus the hawks.

We know which of these 4 sports are top dogs by leaps and bounds in America.

Overarching theme here: people like dynasties.

Still not a fan of Russell signing.instead of max money dubs needed to build a bench. They also needed to pursue length and scoring. Russell is coming in at high a price and they are left with a bench that struggled. Warriors officially working on a rebuild.

Mark Jackson ain't walking through that door to teach defense. And the growing pains will be there.

Football doesn’t really have stars sign together because there’s too many positions to do that. For a football team to go from trash to elite through free agency they’d have to sign an elite QB, top tier RB, Pro Bowl WR, top 10 pass rusher, shut down corner, etc.

Dynasties are great for sports. It makes fans have someone to root for and against in heavy numbers and brings in ratings

Folks mad cause their teams dint have a chance :lol:
Ya franchise needs to step tf up

NFL doesn’t really have as much parity as people think. Giants, Peyton, Brady, and Steelers have 12 of the last 17 titles.

Whereas in baseball, there’s been 12 different winners in the last 17 years. (Really 12 in the last 18 since I went back to 01 - I just wanted to make my point lol). Pretty sure Hockey is the same way if not moreso minus the hawks.

We know which of these 4 sports are top dogs by leaps and bounds in America.

Overarching theme here: people like dynasties.

America loves dynasties but they also love under dogs.

Basketball relies heavily on the talent of the 5 guys on the floor. A lot harder to hide somebody a week link with fewer people out there.

It also just tells you that the structure of those leagues dont need too much tweaking to make the regular season mean something. Only in the NBA do we wish to skip to April. Unless your team is in the 8 or 7 seed chasing a berth.

Also those teams in the NFL that run things have consistently strong organizations that plan ahead and dont get caught up trying to be something they are not.

If the nba did less to feature offense I think coaching would play a bigger role in strategizing. Why do the best players in the world need no one to sit in the lane for longer then 3 seconds? Will it ruin the game that much or allow teams with less talent to find a way to win strategically by switching to zones and straight help defense

Still not a fan of Russell signing.instead of max money dubs needed to build a bench. They also needed to pursue length and scoring. Russell is coming in at high a price and they are left with a bench that struggled. Warriors officially working on a rebuild.

Mark Jackson ain't walking through that door to teach defense. And the growing pains will be there.
The Warriors are moving him, they just got him so that they can acquire assets.
Also, I'm pretty sure it allows KD and Russell to sign for bigger contracts via sign and trade.

I could see the Dubs holding D Lo until the deadline to maximize having another all start until Klay comes back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom