**OFFICIAL 2019 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD**

Which team will win the 2018-2019 NBA Championship?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Hornets would honestly be a good spot for Cousins. Sign a two year deal with a player option after one year, be the top option again and show you can still be that guy. Then next summer when there’s nothing else out there somebody will give you a big contract again.

Will Boston have Kemba AND Kanter in the starting lineup?

Opposing players will ear off of that defense. Smart and Brown can't guard 5 players at a time.

Kyrie is basically going back home… hes from nj and was a nets fan growing up hence why he wanted to play there… brooklyn is still the tri state area not too far from jersey so this is kinda like home for him…

I'm 20 minutes away from a lot of places I would never call home :lol:. But I guess I get it. Kinda like Paul George coming home to LA when he's from Palmdale but whatevs

Also why is BIG LEEMELONE BIG LEEMELONE always up at the *** crack of dawn? I just realized you on pacific time zone. Dude is on his phone at 3-5 am west coast time just trollin :lol:

Commitment right there

I'm an early riser what can I say :pimp:. Sleep is for the weak
“Commitment” is one word for it...

Don't you have me blocked? Shutcho ho *** up >D

It’s a big off season for Australian Rondo.

I'll be honest, I think calling him Rondo is giving him too much credit right now. Rondo was a maestro, and was excellent setting up set plays.

Ben is unstoppable on the fast break. But all he does in a half court setting is wait on top of the key and hand it off to Butler or JJ, then goes to the dunker spot.

The only time Ben makes plays in a half court setting is when he posts up, or sets up for a drive.

And Brown is treating him like a Rondo, which drives me crazy.

People are way too down on Ben. A guy who was an All-Star in year 2 is getting slammed for not doing enough to take a team over the championship hump. He's ahead of the curve. Even if he doesn't shoot there are big improvement areas for him still.

It makes sense. The argument now is that Al's natural position is PF (whatever that means) and Harris can play as a wing. I think both we're true in 2014 but they are better suited as a 5 and a 4 today.

Also, Ben playing the 4 alongside Al at the 5 us a MUCH better fit than Embiid at the 5. I hope Brown will realize that. It seems like Ben will be playing two different roles depending on who is on the floor with him.

The good thing is that Rich, Harris and Horford add all capable shooters, but none are deadeye shooters and I think we desperately need that.

As a 6ers sympathizer, I hope the team and brown have frank discussions with the main guys about roles.. because it is doable

Talk with embiid especially about getting in proper shape and getting on a proper diet.. tell him the bigger picture focus and that the teams aim is 60-70 games range and averaging 30 per when playing

Tell the guys you don’t want any of the main guys over 35 mins per, which basically only applies to Ben or josh maybe Harris.. but break down the plan for the full 48 mins of the game, plus how the team can balance rest games especially how they’ll use the 15-20 games you know embiid won’t play and the matchups and nights specifically they’ll try to maximize opportunities for horford when playing the center spot.. clearly the league is lacking true centers, so allow horford to not have to really take on the few when he’s in that role.. and just because you have these other guys doesn’t mean Ben shouldn’t be playing some 4 on a nightly basis

People are way too down on Ben. A guy who was an All-Star in year 2 is getting slammed for not doing enough to take a team over the championship hump. He's ahead of the curve. Even if he doesn't shoot there are big improvement areas for him still.

I'm not down on him, I just think he's not being used the right way. At all.

A higher ceiling?? Butler is a multiple all star player that just got a max, two things Richardson will never be.
It's pretty irresponsible to say J Rich will never get those things considering hes only 26.... Jimmy has pretty much peaked as far as his skillset goes. Don't forget Jimmy was a late bloomer as well so yeah, saying he has a higher ceiling isn't farfetched at all

As a 6ers sympathizer, I hope the team and brown have frank discussions with the main guys about roles.. because it is doable

Talk with embiid especially about getting in proper shape and getting on a proper diet.. tell him the bigger picture focus and that the teams aim is 60-70 games range and averaging 30 per when playing

Tell the guys you don’t want any of the main guys over 35 mins per, which basically only applies to Ben or josh maybe Harris.. but break down the plan for the full 48 mins of the game, plus how the team can balance rest games especially how they’ll use the 15-20 games you know embiid won’t play and the matchups and nights specifically they’ll try to maximize opportunities for horford when playing the center spot.. clearly the league is lacking true centers, so allow horford to not have to really take on the few when he’s in that role.. and just because you have these other guys doesn’t mean Ben shouldn’t be playing some 4 on a nightly basis

I think watching Kawhi dominate the playoffs will show Embiid that it's ok to load manage. brown even explained to the media the reason he has Embiid coasting at the 3 is because he doesn't want him to bang down low all year long.

But agreed, its also on Brown to realize what he has in the table. He did not show thag level of competency in the regular season but proved he can be a very good coach during the playoffs.

Yup. Not ideal for Bens playing style.

Depends on how they use the guys, to be honest.. but hopefully they aren’t using a ton of embiid/Harris/al/Ben together.. I mean i get using it periodically at moments of the game, but not heavy mins of it nightly

Kawhi has to make a decision. Lakers need to fill out that roster as free agents are drying up. How much longer can they go :lol:

I would have loved Dlo, but we got Al instead. Our too priority should be getting a PG with mamba blood.
Lowkey would have liked IT. Trey Burke is still out there. Maybe Justin Holiday?

Really wanted Dlo as well, dude is filthy

It's pretty irresponsible to say J Rich will never get those things considering hes only 26.... Jimmy has pretty much peaked as far as his skillset goes. Don't forget Jimmy was a late bloomer as well so yeah, saying he has a higher ceiling isn't farfetched at all

At the same age, Stringer was better at everything and he kept improving.

I would have loved Dlo, but we got Al instead. Our too priority should be getting a PG with mamba blood.

If dlo came in, really it should have been at the expense of harris

I get the al signing, just because of what comes with embiid and his ability to play both big spots

This actually isn’t even that bad. Not a playoff team but they won’t be terrible. That’s actually the type of underdog group the NYC fans usually get behind :lol: just like the Felton, Gallo, Chandler and Landry Fields Era of Knicks basketball.

Front court is very interesting, back court is terrible though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom