Official 2019 OFFSEASON New York Yankees Thread: COLE OR STRAUS

If Hicks is such a steal at 7/70 mil we should shop him for a pitcher or prospects and get Clint Back up.

I wouldn’t be mad at that. I’m not a huge Hicks fan. I like Clint but I think the Yankees are done with him. I think that relationship is beyond repair now. From skipping out on interviews to his issue with media and all this new **** since sending down.

Yo but for real if Hicks batted 245 with 20 homers a year and played 130-140 games I wouldn’t be mad at all. But it’s just the fact that we can’t rely on him. We’re passing on a potential future all star for a guy that can’t even stay on the field.

the yanks have been known to be cheap recently so thats why it was surprising they kept hicks instead of just using clint in the outfield... would of been a cheaper move...

Well I mean Hicks is the only guy who can play CF. Unless we want Gardner or Tauchman there.

Also Hicks is good defensively. And he’s a patient eye.

To have a .360-370 OBP when you’re a .250 or so hitter is pretty damn good especially when you’re not a ridiculous power guy

I’m fine with Hicks. He’ll be the guy for a few more years then end up as a 4th OF

Well I mean Hicks is the only guy who can play CF. Unless we want Gardner or Tauchman there.

Also Hicks is good defensively. And he’s a patient eye.

To have a .360-370 OBP when you’re a .250 or so hitter is pretty damn good especially when you’re not a ridiculous power guy

I’m fine with Hicks. He’ll be the guy for a few more years then end up as a 4th OF
Hicks did that once in his 7 year career. Not counting the year where he only played half the season. Rather let Clint play in CF for 140 games It was already stated that’s where he felt most comfortable in the OF.

hicks gets on base, is a switch hitter and plays good defense... hes a solid player overall just saying dont know if id keep him over clint... but since hes got that contract it seems like hicks is staying while clint gets the boot smh... and im glad judge is coming back... it looks like the team is getting healthy finally... what about sevy and delin though?

hicks gets on base, is a switch hitter and plays good defense... hes a solid player overall just saying dont know if id keep him over clint... but since hes got that contract it seems like hicks is staying while clint gets the boot smh... and im glad judge is coming back... it looks like the team is getting healthy finally... what about sevy and delin though?

Last I read, Delin had a setback (again). Sevy I'm not sure, but wouldn't shock me if he's shut down for the season at this rate.

If Sanchez wasn’t injured for about 25 games this year I’m sure he’d have about 30+ HR by now.

I just hope he’s clean

Honestly what’s crazy, if we projected to 2023 fielding a team of:
Sanchez/Voit/Torres/???/Didi/Stanton/Hicks/Judge/Andujar(DH)

Hicks would be the oldest at 33/34.

Back
Top Bottom