Official 2019 OFFSEASON New York Yankees Thread: COLE OR STRAUS

Hicks is essentially a lock to miss half the season every season so I’m sure they already planned for him to be hurt for an extended period of time regardless if he needed the TJ surgery or not. Bird, Ellsbury and Hicks are all the same.

Gary is better offensively and about 1/2 the price for the next 4 years.
Just don’t think Gary is that guy. We have enough homerun hitters, so his power is not a necessity to take us to the next level, his bat is more of a luxury when he’s focused. and I’d definitely dangle him out there and see what offers we get. His bat is redundant.

Last edited:
Well if you trade Gary and sign Grandal that’s money that doesn’t go elsewhere. And you don’t actually get better.

He’s one of the best catchers in baseball. Just let him be.

Watching the Astros choke makes it so much worse, smh. Bullpen, pitching and hitting like average as hell. **** nan ****

o52-like-s-bigfend-stopped-by-one-of-my-biggest-haters-26457389.png

Current mood!

Chapman is staying. Signed through 2022

We added 1 year $18mil onto the contract

So since Chapman staying is payroll neutral. We gotta figure out where to get $8-10mil a year to keep Didi and Dellin for the next few years.

My suggestion is eating half of Happ’s deal, and grabbing some older long shot guys who are stuck in AAA (What we did with Gio and Mikey T)

Chapman knew the market :rofl:
He knew he wouldn’t get what he wanted based on his age (starting 2020 at 32) (would have gotten less money), post season miscues with control problems, and what happened to Kimbral last year, especially if a 1st round pick would be involved; Yankees gave him the 3rd year in good faith.

I know Hicks is damaged goods but would you package 1 1 or 2 of our top prospects to get him off the books to have more money to make a run at Cole or Strasburg and retain Betances if it came down to it.

I know Hicks is damaged goods but would you package 1 1 or 2 of our top prospects to get him off the books to have more money to make a run at Cole or Strasburg and retain Betances if it came down to it.

Who do you have playing center?

Nah. Just role with Hicks.

because you could just restructure Ellsbury if that’s the case into a 2 year buyout.

They need to run at Cole. And keep Didi and Betances.They don’t really have any excuse not to.

they need a pitcher period u cant just ride it out with your relievers after facing our relievers so many times in the series the astros hitters figured us out
hicks is on a friendly contract no need to get rid of him

^ the pitching wasnt that bad this post season... it could have been better and it didnt help that we didnt have german or dellin on the roster... if we had those 2 it might have been a different outcome... i would like cole or strasburg but that would mean we would have to pass on both dellin and didi and let them walk.... regardless if you get elite pitching with cole or strasburg the lineup still needs to hit in the post season... the past 3 playoff series these guys cant hit in the post season and you cant win like that... the pitching needs help with run support

Yankees didn’t offer Didi his qualifying offer. Which to me means they think or know his market is nowhere near $17mil a year. Because if they did, you offer the QO to get that draft pick compensation.

if he’s nowhere near $17mil, offer that man 4 year / $50mil and give him an opt out after year 1 or 2.

because if we lose him and he has a $12mil or less a year contract then we’re a stupid stupid baseball team.

Infield is too crowded right now. DJ at short, Gleyber at 2nd Gio or Andujar at 3rd and Luke or Ford at 1st. Wade will probably be utility.

Back
Top Bottom