Official 2019 OFFSEASON New York Yankees Thread: COLE OR STRAUS

so the yanks just hired a female hitting coach... i never understood why teams do this... im all about equal opportunity so i dont care for refs or umps... but when you have a female coach in the locker room its not a good idea with all the sexual harassment going on in general... nevermind i saw its only the minor league lol but still not sure if its a good idea
1574711523509.png

So she should be denied an opportunity in spite of her credentials because boys will be boys, is that what you are arguing?

She is qualified. Who the hell cares.

The argument of there’s a lot of sexual harassment stories going around is a horrific hot take. It doesn’t take much to not be a terrible person and don’t hit on your co-workers and be a professional.

And if she works her way up to the bigs, GREAT!

I think we have no shot at Stras, think he wants to stay in DC.

Cole we gotta shot, a real shot at.

Get Cole.
Trade Happ with a decent prospect attached.

Re-sign Dellin and Didi. I need them to not be stupid and just give themselves as many options as possible throughout the season. Because in all honesty I think their market is shaping up to be only slightly more than Happ combined.

7 years/$245 mil? Definitely going to grab his attention. Got to see what the other teams come with.

Framework is set. Yankees will not lose him

Might not get that extra year but he’ll get that money

Price got $31M per and he wasn’t comming of the seasons Cole had; someone will give Cole $36-38M per; angels can blow this open with 8Yr/300m

All reports are indicating that the yanks are all in. Now I’m not saying he’s a lock to the yanks, but they’ll match dollar for dollar for him.

Guys I think I’m out on Cole. If we sign him, I’ll root for him and I think he’ll give us a few amazing years. But guys I don’t think I’m good with over $250mil or over 7 years unless they really get creative with the structure.

Cant do it. Especially when I know it means we’ll be letting guys walk left and right year after year.

I’d rather just get everybody together; Andujar, Clint, Florial, Happ, Chance Adams, Luis Gil, Loaisiga and see if any team is giving up an Ace or number 2.

im not sure if the rumors are true we are offering cole 8 years 290-300 million... wow! he is legit though and if he stays healthy the whole contract there will definitely be a few chips in there not just 1 but maybe 2... the starting rotation looks legit without cole but with cole we could be over the top.... i still like our lineup of sevy, paxton, tanaka and german.... but if you add cole wow that would be crazy!! we might just trade happ but have to attach a prospect...i see us resigning gardy but not dellin or didi if we sign cole... that contract would be something serious.... i love those 2 guys but i like cole a lot more and would put this starting pitching over the top

If Cole gives you 3-4 elite years & a championship, he's worth every penny.

This team is ready to win now. No more half measures with guys like Happ.

smfh at Nats again for screwing our offer for Cole. Giving Strasburg our Cole contract which significantly increases Coles price indefinitely.

I can see the concern with signing Cole for that kind of money. But again, if you’re winning and bringing in championships, and the money that alone would bring in, ownership will open up the books for what they need.

I just see it as an excuse for management to tighten their belts on other players In the coming years.

This year: Didi and Dellin
Next year:Tanaka or Paxton + DJ

Back
Top Bottom