OFFICIAL 2021 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meh. But if King comes back, good to have him and TVD compete for 2022.
He's gonna be good for you guys

I didn't want him for many reasons but he's a good QB. It would be good for King to come back because he's not ready to start as a true freshmen. He's going to do well on the football field and with the ladies.

I didn't want him for many reasons but he's a good QB. It would be good for King to come back because he's not ready to start as a true freshmen. He's going to do well on the football field and with the ladies.
Honestly, not sure he beats out the freshman we have RS right now and could easily see him transferring back out west if he loses that battle. We’ll see though. Adding talent to the QB room is never a bad thing.

He was going to transfer out if he lost the backup QB battle anyway.

Chip Brown reporting this morning that Urban told UT intermediaries that if they pressed him again for an answer about coaching again, it would be no.

So he's either inclined not to do it, or he doesn't like the numbers they've presented thus far and he's negotiating. :lol:

For some reason I feel like this Urban deal gets done. Texas probably writes him a blank check and cedes control, no? They’re desperate.

For some reason I feel like this Urban deal gets done. Texas probably writes him a blank check and cedes control, no? They’re desperate.
Maybe. Depends on a lot of the other stuff involved, though.

Some weird cultural dynamics down there right now. Are booster and money guys willing to let go of some silly ****?

Maybe. Depends on a lot of the other stuff involved, though.

Some weird cultural dynamics down there right now. Are booster and money guys willing to let go of some silly ****?
I read that long form article Chris Hummer wrote and they definitely seem uniquely stupid. Seems like it could be a miserable place even if you’re winning. The boosters affinity for this song being one, if Urban Meyer has you winning 11 games a year then are you still going to be throwing a fit about this stupid song?

I read that long form article Chris Hummer wrote and they definitely seem uniquely stupid. Seems like it could be a miserable place even if you’re winning. The boosters affinity for this song being one, if Urban Meyer has you winning 11 games a year then are you still going to be throwing a fit about this stupid song?
Their money guys are as intimately involved in that program as I can imagine any booster being anywhere in America...

Is that what Urban wants? Does he want all that extra **** thrown in on top of everything else you gotta deal with?

Mack Brown made it work because he's built for shaking hands and making people happy. He wasn't a great football coach, but he worked the other aspects of that program to perfection and compiled enough talent to win regardless.

But there's a reason they've had basically one really elite level run since the 70s...

Last edited:
The Urban deal will get done. JWOI.
E4A2DBD7-60C3-4E63-89B2-B641A6FF38FC.jpeg

They’re already starting to whisper about back channeling other big names...

Namely - Cristobol and Sark

I don’t think Urban wants to coach anymore.

They’re already starting to whisper about back channeling other big names...

Namely - Cristobol and Sark

I don’t think Urban wants to coach anymore.
Cristobal :lol:. I admittedly was a big Cristobal guy when the Miami job opened up, but Texas would be foolish to hire him, IMO. Sark seems to be seriously in consideration as Saban’s successor? Texas may drive that man back to drinking with all of the booster drama.

From a Bellevue source: They are staying at Brooke's hotel. They originally were practicing on top of Bellevue Square Malls parking garage, then got kicked out. So they went there.

Got that from a friend. Getting my nako xl nako xl on...nothing juicy, just thought I'd share. :lol:

Not sure why they didn't start with the park anyway...plenty big and limited folks on the grass area cause time of year and Covid. I'd imagine they'll start having an audience though.

President is pushing Napier to South Carolina now. AD and majority of board of trustees want Beamer and were ready to make it official. Napier will be flying in after the App State game tonight and if South Carolina can commit to adding off the field positions to match Bama/UGA and the like then they could agree on both sides.

President is pushing Napier to South Carolina now. AD and majority of board of trustees want Beamer and were ready to make it official. Napier will be flying in after the App State game tonight and if South Carolina can commit to adding off the field positions to match Bama/UGA and the like then they could agree on both sides.
I’d take Napier over Beamer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom