⭐ OFFICIAL 2020-2021 NBA Off-Season Thread: Olympics begin 7/23; NBA Draft 7/29⭐

Status
Not open for further replies.
James Harden knows better than to chill with lil baby during all-star weekend, RIGHT?!?

The NBA definitely cracked down. One of the best weekends of my life was ASW (ironically when I met Taylor) and back then it was mostly players hosting the parties not artists. I guess they’re taking over as headliners for the clubs since the CP3’s, Harden’s, etc of the world can’t
I went in Houston in 2014, even volunteered at the Jam Session, I was working the dunk hoops exhibit. I didn't know the possibilities though and still had a great time. Went in 2015 to New Orleans, not a fraction of the excitement, people, or vibe but had a good time because I prebought tickets to the Friday, Saturday, and Sunday stuff (which prices plummeted to $90 each night and could have saved my like $800 if I knew that would happen but I digress). I dont know how it looked on tv, but in 2015 in New Orleans the arena wasn't even half full. They had entire sections just light off so it wouldnt look empty on tv

Despite how crazy this first part of the season has been, the playoff standings as of today really don't look THAT far off from what a lot of folks expected.
think it's the opposite.
got suns and sixers near the top.
teams like the nuggs, celts, bucks, and heat struggling
pels and hawks were suppose to take the next step
people thought MJ was crazy for signing gordon and keeping rozier when they drafted ball, but the hornets are playing solid

I went in Houston in 2014, even volunteered at the Jam Session, I was working the dunk hoops exhibit. I didn't know the possibilities though and still had a great time. Went in 2015 to New Orleans, not a fraction of the excitement, people, or vibe but had a good time because I prebought tickets to the Friday, Saturday, and Sunday stuff (which prices plummeted to $90 each night and could have saved my like $800 if I knew that would happen but I digress). I dont know how it looked on tv, but in 2015 in New Orleans the arena wasn't even half full. They had entire sections just light off so it wouldnt look empty on tv
Must have been Houston in 2013 and NO in 2014 because because NYC in 2015 was the one I went to. Suck NO wasn’t full. The Garden was rockin :smokin

Warriors and Bay Area media working hand in hand to calm down the critics and fanbase. :lol:

Lmao it’s so obvious. They know the pick was bad and now they’re trying to justify it :rofl:

“He was really good at the dinner party and he knows Manderin. See guys? It’s wasn’t the wrong pick just have patience.”

Warriors got the local media eating out the palm of their hand.

Warriors and Bay Area media working hand in hand to calm down the critics and fanbase. :lol:

this **** hilarious to read.

“Clearly impressive,” said Myers, recalling that dinner three months later. “I wonder how I would perform as a 19-year-old with a bunch of 40-, 50-, 60-year-olds at dinner.”

WHAT DOES THIS HAVE TO DO WITH YOUR ABILITY TO PLAY BASKETBALL??
this interview stuff is getting out of hand.

like it's great that he can have impressive convo's with 50 year old + white men,
but how about catch a basketball? can he do that?

at the dinner did you ask him
"if I threw you like a semi crisp pass, can you catch it? "

because it really seems like he can't

i've always been skeptical of interviews in regular jobs,
but in basketball, I really don't get it.

all the stuff you want to know about from an interview
you can find a more accurate info in other ways.

using their performance at a fancy dinner as any kind of data point is bonkers.

like it's great that he can have impressive convo's with 50 year old + white men,

Cats said they wouldn’t pick Edwards cuz he interviewed like an Atlanta teenager and enjoyed rap music/football :lol: :smh: ...The whole draft process is weird and needs more new blood executing and covering it

to me it's a different proposition to say hey;

"we talked to his past coaches and teammates and they hate his guts and think he's a lazy and annoying...so we think he won't work hard to fill his potential"

vs.

"we talked to him at a fancy dinner and he has some interesting thoughts on marginal tax rates and the israel-palestine conflict...so we think this will make him...good at basketball?"

to me 1 is a data point 2 has zero relevance to the enterprise of winning basketball gaming.

If Covid start to pop off during the playoffs this will be the real asterisk ring
I 100% agree and said the same thing last year too. It wound fundamentally change the outcome of playoffs. As a fan, it would be extremely disappointing.

The dinner interview is a nonsense concept. If you don't sit there and brag about yourself you lose. I hate them.

Atlanta folk like
DEF00DA3-6F0F-477A-AF74-5C0333D46515.gif

to me it's a different proposition to say hey;

"we talked to his past coaches and teammates and they hate his guts and think he's a lazy and annoying...so we think he won't work hard to fill his potential"

vs.

"we talked to him at a fancy dinner and he has some interesting thoughts on marginal tax rates and the israel-palestine conflict...so we think this will make him...good at basketball?"

to me 1 is a data point 2 has zero relevance to the enterprise of winning basketball gaming.
This man is close

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom