⭐ OFFICIAL 2020-2021 NBA Off-Season Thread: Olympics begin 7/23; NBA Draft 7/29⭐

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brazy. Y'all was really saying Bron going to get the Cavs.

There was a rumor that Dan was going to sell the Cavs to buy the Lions. I don't know if that rule is still a thing.

He already owns half of Detroit so it made sense.

Most of Gilbert's money comes from Quicken Loans going public a few years ago, valued at 36 billy.
Cav's are only worth 1.5 billy so Bron has a shot.

Most of Gilbert's money comes from Quicken Loans going public a few years ago, valued at 36 billy.

In terms of the team’s value, yeah. Factor in the current owner won’t need the cash that comes along with selling and I don’t know if it happens.

Dan's about to be able to hand his son the keys to the kingdom.

What motivation would he possibly have to sell the Cavs?

Of course it all depends on Gilbert being willing to sell.
I only said that in response to Cleveland being out of reach, financially.
Personally, I don't think he'd sell to Bron out of spite, but you never know.

Eight games in 11 days?! That's ridiculous. This is a baseball schedule. Miami should take a street soccer approach and roll out a full B-team for some of these games. Not even worth the risk to their stars

Yeah. They’re in pretty good position to at least maintain a play-in spot even if they drop a few games, so some loads definitely should be managed over there during this stretch.

Damn. I didn’t not know Gilbert was THAT rich.

And what sport do the Mumbai Indians play? And what kind of “Indians” does that nickname refer too?
Having the bulk of your wealth tied to public company stock that you have some sort of insider status is also a quasi-wealthy thing. Dan Gilbert is chairman of the board, and owns 95% of the stock last I heard. He can't really sell that, bad optics. Can't borrow against it, not allowed.

Its not like Steve Ballmer who has more autonomy over the MS shares he still holds for example. I can see some fantastical scenario where he wants liquidity and sells the team.

Of course it all depends on Gilbert being willing to sell.
I only said that in response to Cleveland being out of reach, financially.
Personally, I don't think he'd sell to Bron out of spite, but you never know.

Spite or not why would Gilbert sell the team to Lebron or anyone else for that matter if it's making him money? Just curious... :nerd: :nerd: :nerd:

Yeah I don't see Gilbert wanting to sell, especially with the tension between him and Bron.

I can also see him giving himself credit as the guy that brought a championship to Cleveland :lol:

Spite or not why would Gilbert sell the team to Lebron or anyone else for that matter if it's making him money? Just curious... :nerd: :nerd: :nerd:

Millionaires/billionaires sell companies all the time.
I'm willing to bet a lot of these owners don't really care about ball and only see numbers.
The Timberwolves just sold to Arod & his business partner.
Plus, like antidope antidope said, most his Gilberts worth it tied to a public company, so there may come a time that he needs liquid funds and decides to sell the team.
Realistically, it probably won't happen, but it's possible.

Yeah I don't see Gilbert wanting to sell, especially with the tension between him and Bron.

I can also see him giving himself credit as the guy that brought a championship to Cleveland :lol:

ki lj.jpg

Millionaires/billionaires sell companies all the time.
I'm willing to bet a lot of these owners don't really care about ball and only see numbers.
The Timberwolves just sold to Arod & his business partner.
Plus, like antidope antidope said, most his Gilberts worth it tied to a public company, so there may come a time that he needs liquid funds and decides to sell the team.
Realistically, it probably won't happen, but it's possible.
Pretty much. I know someone who was involved in the Leslie Alexandar Rockets sale and me, being stunned by the news asked them some questions about it. Was one of my first lessons in "These dudes don't really care about these sports teams"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom