Official 2020 Boxing Thread: 12/12 - Joshua vs. Pulev DAZN, Stevenson vs. Clary ESPN

Who will be the winner of Wilder vs. Fury II?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I used to think this was true but then floyd proved me wrong with tank lol. Pay attention, people actually do care about tank and do drop money to watch him smh. 90% of his fans know absolutely nothing about boxing and hes the most famous young fighter outside of maybe ryan garcia. All while fighting absolutely no one for the past 5 years. This dude damn near sold out an arena for the gamboa fight.

We are in a weird time. I'm seeing the comments and all I see from a lot is "lomachenko is a hype job" "lomachenko is overrated". All because he wants to be great and for moving up in weight because no one would fight him at 126 or 130. He fights a young killer who he didnt have to fight, loses, and gets criticized lol. If everyone elite fought everyone elite then no one would retire undefeated. Floyd really ****ed up the minds of people who dont really understand boxing with this ****.
The cold part is. While Loma took 6 rounds to get to work, when he did show up he won those rounds decisvely.

Lopzez is the champ and won the fight straight up. I still think Lomais the better fighter tho.

No trilogy here but if it were Loma is taking the next 3.

So it will be interesting to see what both fighters decide to do. Rematch or move on to another weight class.

The transition from Pretty Boy Floyd to Money May was amazing after Oscar
Yea, I think the Gatti fight is overlooked alot of times but was so important.

Floyd realized that the media doesnt love him and that ticket sales should be prioritized over likes. Because anyone can like a bum.

Gatti was the A - side in that fight, but not the A fighter.

Andre Ward would easily be one of the bigger names if he wanted to do that but his personality and faith won't let him do it. I respect both fighters for taking there respected paths.

But its sad because Black fighters never get propped up the same way others do.

With bud fighting next month, and spence weeks later, it only makes sense for a mega fight next may/june?

Promoters aside, can't see any reason why this cant happen.

Just announced , these will be the 3 judges for Spence / García
0C25AB13-DF76-469F-88FD-73E172438B1A.jpeg

With bud fighting next month, and spence weeks later, it only makes sense for a mega fight next may/june?

Promoters aside, can't see any reason why this cant happen.
Agreed, just hope Spence wasnt destroyed by the accident.

Super long layoff with a traumatic event and injury

Look at Kell Brook post GGG smh not the same guy.

Just announced , these will be the 3 judges for Spence / García
How did Julie get another fight after this past weekend?

Everyone out to discredit lomachenko will just say "here come the excuses" lol. Lopez was the better fighter and earned the win. Hopefully lomachenko fully recovers but it looks like his body is breaking down on him.

Since it's the same shoulder from before it's most likely always going to be an issue.

I'm surprised they didn't try to postpone the fight for a few weeks just so he could feel 100%. Then again maybe he felt good enough that he didn't think it was a big deal.

Lomachenko the "better" fighter, but Lopez did his thing. Lopez wasn't afraid and he stuck to his game plan. He was calculatedly aggressive. Lomachenko looked off to me in the earlier rounds and I thought he was injured. He got a bit more active around the 7th round. Great fight overall and they should have a rematch.

That 11th round second wind by Loma was crazy

Last edited:
The cold part is. While Loma took 6 rounds to get to work, when he did show up he won those rounds decisvely.

Lopzez is the champ and won the fight straight up. I still think Lomais the better fighter tho.

No trilogy here but if it were Loma is taking the next 3.

So it will be interesting to see what both fighters decide to do. Rematch or move on to another weight class.

Yea, I think the Gatti fight is overlooked alot of times but was so important.

Floyd realized that the media doesnt love him and that ticket sales should be prioritized over likes. Because anyone can like a bum.

Gatti was the A - side in that fight, but not the A fighter.

Andre Ward would easily be one of the bigger names if he wanted to do that but his personality and faith won't let him do it. I respect both fighters for taking there respected paths.

But its sad because Black fighters never get propped up the same way others do.

thats why i respect floyd... he did it his way and didnt change for anyone all while making a ton of money...he took on the villain role which worked to his benefit of being undefeated and super flashy with his money lol... people complain he fought bums and was a boring/defensive fighter but yet he has the highest box office fights consistently all while not taking any punishment

There is too much money on the table for them to skip the rematch.

Teo was waking around during COVID lockdown at like 160, I don’t think he can make the weight anymore. Loma figured some things out late, but his success was also due to Teo gassing out a bit due to the weight cut. As soon as Teo got his second wind in the 12th he started dominating the fight again.

A Josh Taylor fight in the UK could be a big money fight, if we’re able to have live events in front of sizable crowds a year from now.

Alex Saucedo is supposedly in pretty bad shape after the last fight. Dude gets hit way too often. Just what I’ve been told from his boys

Tank vs Santa Cruz for $75 on Showtime PPV?? Who's actually going to buy that and what are they estimating in buys?!?!

the charlo twin ppv was the same and it seemed like they were happy with their numbers

tank and leo's are probably bigger names than the twins?

the charlo twin ppv was the same and it seemed like they were happy with their numbers

tank and leo's are probably bigger names than the twins?

Eh Idk. Probably equal in draw when you got both twins on the cards.

As far as Loma he said for the first time he was 100% going into a fight. That late start not throwing any punches and not doing much was him straight being scared of Teo KOing him, not from an injury IMO. If he felt Teo's power/speed and he wasnt scared of it he would of been more active from the start i think.

That's dope, mate. You think Andrew avenges that L to Franco?
Man, I don’t know. Franco seems to have just a little more weapons. He counters Andrew with 3-4 punch combos, got deceptive footwork cutting off the ring, and just too accurate. Moloney got that bad habit of bouncing a little too much and keeping his head too high when he punches. Franco is able to time his counters right after Moloney punches. He’s got a long neck and his head looks like a double end bag when he gets hit. He gotta tuck that chin in, minimize the bouncing, improve that waiste movement. That said, prior to the knock down, punch stats were pretty close. Still think Franco pulls it off

Back
Top Bottom