Official 2020 Boxing Thread: 12/12 - Joshua vs. Pulev DAZN, Stevenson vs. Clary ESPN

Who will be the winner of Wilder vs. Fury II?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mike said he plans on releasing it himself but Nintendo getting involved and banking on nostalgia, might be our best chance of getting some type of boxing game. Eddie said he was working on it but also said that EA passed and he was looking at other developers.

Last edited:
I'll believe it when I see it when it comes to someone like Canelo fighting with no gate involved in that fight.

^
This can't be stressed enough, and not because most of us are die hard sports fans feenin for a fix but because there is alot of lost revenue and exposure the sport is losing by sitting idle.

I wont argue the pros/cons of public safety but when the sport requires just 2 individuals to step into a ring (plus 1 ref and 3 in the corner "seconds").
It just seems like it can still play out in a controlled environment. Testing should not be a logistical nightmare and more importantly these boxers are literally in isolation when training for these big bouts.

I hope I don't come across as some Ahole who jeopardizes lives just for the sake of entertainment but out of all the major sports that could still be played in empty venues without exposing a team or larger groups, I see sports like boxing and tennis as a possibility.

Not a fan of MMA but I heard about that single negative test during they're last ppv and how they still went ahead :smh:
Not sure how much different it would be in boxing but precautions and safety measures have to be enforced at all costs.

The UFC just did 700k ppv buys with two guys headlining that are FAR from household names.

Someone like Canelo or Joshua could get so many eyes. ****, even much lesser known fighters could probably do well as long as it’s promoted properly. People are for fiending for live sports.

Errol taking Danny on without a tune up is risky.
We all clown Garcia but he can pop.

Need to see Bud step in the ring with Porter to salvage the year.

Loma and Lopez looking like September according to ESPN

Sucks to not have an audience. I wonder how much of a paycut it will be. Maybe ESPN is willing to front more?

Probably hoping that the PPV buys will make up some of that lost revenue since they will bank on those who would normally go will just purchase it. No where near the cost of a seat but at least it’s something.

Probably hoping that the PPV buys will make up some of that lost revenue since they will bank on those who would normally go will just purchase it. No where near the cost of a seat but at least it’s something.
Most likely they are biting the bullet and hoping for the best. Everytime they try to set up Lomachenko for a PPV fight (Verdejo, Mikey Garcia, now Loma), the plans fell through. Top Rank and ESPN are probably fed up at this point and want to get it over with.

Back
Top Bottom