OFFICIAL 2020 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Who will the four teams in the College Football Playoff be?

• Alabama

Votes: 36 83.7%
  • Clemson

Votes: 35 81.4%
  • UGA

Votes: 22 51.2%
  • LSU

Votes: 7 16.3%
  • Oklahoma

Votes: 19 44.2%
  • UF

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Ohio State

Votes: 12 27.9%
  • Auburn

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Michigan

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • Someone else

Votes: 17 39.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Matt Rhule's awesome.

No idea what he'd be as a recruiter with the type of resources/name he'd have at a high-major P5.

That's kind of the only question - but I tend to lean more with that on hiring the right assistants than being an uber-dynamic head coach.

Matt Rhule's awesome.

No idea what he'd be as a recruiter with the type of resources/name he'd have at a high-major P5.

That's kind of the only question - but I tend to lean more with that on hiring the right assistants than being an uber-dynamic head coach.
Right. Urban is one of the few P5 major coaches who does a lot of the recruiting ground work himself, so he's unique in that sense and part of the reason SC fans are so excited to try to get him.

But if Rhule came and hired someone with recruiting ability like Tee Martin? He'd be fine.

Stoops to FSU has disaster written all over it.

Did I just read that correctly that CU got the #1 recruit in the nation? Damn. Boulder is one of the most beautiful cities you will ever visit and the white women / college girls are phenomenal but, wow. Good for CU.

THIS MAN KNOWS.

crazy 48 hours here in tally.

I will say the players are all rallying behind Haggins tho.

Haggins should be the coach look at LSU

I said it in the NFL thread...never fall in love with a back up QB and the interim HC.

Rhule is definitely gonna have his choices at both college and NFL. I think his long-term play is the Giants job if/when they fire Shurmur

Haggins ain't getting that job, man. :lol:

I didnt say he would be

I said he "should" be

if u around the program u know Haggins and what he means to the city, boosters, and players

the boosters and university here are a crap show

They wouldnt give Jimbo the money to have better facilities AFTER he won a title and heisman. So he gets petty and tanks the program to stick it to them then leaves last minute.

They RUSH and hire Taggart and he wants to bring Leavitt with him but FSU wasnt willing to pay Leavitt more than what he was getting at Oregon. So Willie ended up with last minute coordinators with little options on the market.

NOW they pay $20 mill to buy him out after 21 games. Its not Taggart or Jimbo fault. The root of the problem is mismanagement of funds on where to spend.

bottom line the Dunlaps couldnt see eye to eye with Jimbo and wasnt sold on Taggart and wanted him out

the Dunlaps RUN FSU to an extent

Are people just now finding out about Megan Mullen kissing players before the game? I think that Mullen is a clown and a sore loser but leave his wife alone

Last edited:

1572986837775.png

I didnt say he would be

I said he "should" be

if u around the program u know Haggins and what he means to the city, boosters, and players

the boosters and university here are a crap show

They wouldnt give Jimbo the money to have better facilities AFTER he won a title and heisman. So he gets petty and tanks the program to stick it to them then leaves last minute.

They RUSH and hire Taggart and he wants to bring Leavitt with him but FSU wasnt willing to pay Leavitt more than what he was getting at Oregon. So Willie ended up with last minute coordinators with little options on the market.

NOW they pay $20 mill to buy him out after 21 games. Its not Taggart or Jimbo fault. The root of the problem is mismanagement of funds on where to spend.

bottom line the Dunlaps couldnt see eye to eye with Jimbo and wasnt sold on Taggart and wanted him out

the Dunlaps RUN FSU to an extent

Al passed away and the money for Willie’s buyout didn’t come from the Dunlaps. Came from someone else.

Al passed away and the money for Willie’s buyout didn’t come from the Dunlaps. Came from someone else.

Al gone but his family makes the calls. Trust me. The money didnt come from one person. But the biggest voice / bag in the room made it clear is what im getting at

Al liked Taggart his fam? not so much. Soon as he died the talks started.

Ted Turner and the Dunlaps run this city. If u from 850 u know this.

That doesn't mean he should be give the HC job either.

- Deion's college roommate / defensive buddy (been close to the greats knows the come up of FSU)
- '89 All American
- 1990-92 played in NFL
- 1994 Bobby Bowden brought him in for TE/OL coach
- 1996 to 2019 DL coach (check FSU dline stars in those years including current rookie Burns at the Panthers)
- 2017 Interim HC when Jimbo left won 2 games and bowl game
- 2018 Inducted into FSU Hall Of Fame
- Taggart fired Jimbo whole staff but spoke loudly of keeping Odell because he is FSU royalty
- has 3 rings as a defensive coach at FSU (Bowden era and JImbo era)
- coached under Bobby, Micky, and Jimbo
- sent 19 Defensive players to the NFL draft
- FSU number 1 recruiter after Bobby and Micky

He is a defensive mind. Hell of a recruiter. Has the experience obviously. The players past and present and outside coaches LOVE him.

Currently the players want him as the coach just like when Jimbo left.

He wouldnt cost much and you could make Leavitt DC and keep Briles.

Last edited:
Al gone but his family makes the calls. Trust me. The money didnt come from one person. But the biggest voice / bag in the room made it clear is what im getting at

Al liked Taggart his fam? not so much. Soon as he died the talks started.

Ted Turner and the Dunlaps run this city. If u from 850 u know this.

I think the biggest bag in this buyout was a billionaire with a B and is in oil and gas. Dunlaps are millionaires.

Last edited:

Haggins ain't getting that job, man. :lol:

Come on man, you've been watching college football too long to believe any of these coaches when they say they're not interested or not a candidate for a certain job. Remember when Nick Saban promised you wouldn't leave the Miami Dolphins?

I can name countless coaches who said "no one has reached out to me about the XYZ school coaching vacancy" and they get announced a week later. I'm not saying Stoops is definitely interested, but him denying it now doesn't mean very much

Come on man, you've been watching college football too long to believe any of these coaches when they say they're not interested or not a candidate for a certain job. Remember when Nick Saban promised you wouldn't leave the Miami Dolphins?

I can name countless coaches who said "no one has reached out to me about the XYZ school coaching vacancy" and they get announced a week later. I'm not saying Stoops is definitely interested, but him denying it now doesn't mean very much
Bob Stoops isn't employed by a CFB or NFL program right now. He doesn't have a fan base to worry about or pander to with his immediately dismissal of interest in the job. I also don't think that he's using Kirk Herbstreit as a bargaining mouthpiece for him him here.

His father literally died of a heart attack while coaching a HS football game when he was even younger than Bob currently is. That was a big reason behind him stepping down. I actually believe that the guy doesn't want his family to have to worry about him falling to the same fate, since Bob himself has heart disease. This isn't the normal situation of a coach downplaying interest to get a raise or to drive up the price, IMO. You can believe what you want.

His father literally died of a heart attack while coaching a HS football game when he was even younger than Bob currently is. That was a big reason behind him stepping down. I actually believe that the guy doesn't want his family to have to worry about him falling to the same fate, since Bob himself has heart disease. This isn't the normal situation of a coach downplaying interest to get a raise or to drive up the price, IMO. You can believe what you want.

wow I didnt know this

I think its 100% gonna be Matt

Greg Biggins on Justin Flowe:

“I still think Clemson leads right now but feel USC is the dark horse and if a coaching change is made, I can say the family will give them a VERY strong look.”

Back
Top Bottom