OFFICIAL 2020 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Who will the four teams in the College Football Playoff be?

• Alabama

Votes: 36 83.7%
  • Clemson

Votes: 35 81.4%
  • UGA

Votes: 22 51.2%
  • LSU

Votes: 7 16.3%
  • Oklahoma

Votes: 19 44.2%
  • UF

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Ohio State

Votes: 12 27.9%
  • Auburn

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Michigan

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • Someone else

Votes: 17 39.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
He was getting killed in Florida's spring practices allegedly too.
I expected that, enrolling early. Its August and I expected him to be able to hold his own a little better. Some field discipline issues.

He'll get better.

Jeremiah Holloman transferring to FIU? Yikes. Cant believe someone gave him a shot this quick.

Life came at him fast

Kid is an early-mid round WR talent
Good afternoon all, it was another sweltering day out at practice today - just like Kirby Smart likes it.
Here's what we saw:

...Three players weren't seen at practice - tight ends Eli Wolf and Ryland Goede, along with inside linebacker Nate McBride.
Not sure what the deal is. All three players have been seen at practice before today.
Outside linebacker Robert Beal missed Period 3 but returned for Period 4.

...For those wondering about some late reprieve regarding Brenton Cox. Don't. Cox's name has been taken off the roster on the school's official website Georgiadogs.com and was not on the roster handed to reporters as they entered the practice field Thursday.

...Watched the secondary for a good bit. Charlton Warren is one intense assistant and isn't shy about getting on each and every one of his players.
"Concentrate!" Warren screamed at DJ Daniel.
Eric Stokes and Tyson Campbell are still working as the top two at cornerback, with Richard LeCounte and J.R. Reed at safety. The second unit consists of Daniel, Lewis Cine, Tyrique Stevenson and Otis Reese.
Mark Webb, Divaad Wilson
and Tyrique McGhee are the main three at Star.

Was interesting watching Jarvis Jones coach up Nolan Smith. The two talked throughout. It really seems as if Jones has taken a shine to Smith, who couldn't have a better role model.

...No real news regarding the offensive line. Cade Mays appeared to be working with the ones at right guard, with Ben Cleveland as the second.
Everything else looked the same, with the exception at backup left tackle where Owen Condon appeared to be nursing a minor injury. D'Marcus Hayes worked in his sted.
The other spots - RG (Solomon Kindley and Justin Shaffer), C Trey Hill and Clay Webb) and RT (Isaiah Wilson and Jamaree Salyer) remained the same.

...First defensive linemen out of their respective blocks were Julian Rochester, Tyler Clark, Malik Herring, Jordan Davis, Michael Barnett, Justin Young, Tramel Walthour, Netori Johnson, Travon Walker, Bill Norton and Zion Logue....Thought it interesting that Devonte Wyatt was in the group behind the freshmen.

...Demetris Robertson continues to work with the first team at slot. ... George Pickens was working with the second group after working with the third unit during the media's last viewing session on Tuesday.

From Jake Reuse

- As Dash mentioned, Charlton Warren was worked up today and singling out some targets along the way. One particular name I heard called? Mark Webb, who Warren challenged to judge the ball better and compete. It wasn't the last I heard of him riding Webb.

- Didn't spot Owen Condon on the bike today while we were out there, as his been the case in the prior two practices.

- Warren was clear in what he expected today. Sounded as if he was a bit miffed that perhaps guys hadn't been paying close enough attention to fellow player drills, so he had some choice words about keeping their eyes peeled.

- Of course, having Kirby Smart hawking the defensive back play also upped the ante. He was as vocal as Warren in challenge guys to finish and give good reps to their men. You could see he was not pleased with the pace at which those guys were moving, as he kept signaling for them to pick up the pace.

- For all the noise, there was some praise handed out, as I heard Warren talking up Chris Smith and his decision making.

From Patrick Garbin

…Observing periods 3 and 4 for the second viewable practice in full pads this fall camp, I watched only the offensive side of the field. I spotted a handful of NFL scouts, including a couple from each the Philadelphia Eagles and New York Jets. From what I saw, the scouts primarily observed the offensive linemen.

…Period 3 featured the quarterbacks throwing to the tight ends running short-to-medium routes. The quarterbacks rotated as follows: Jake FrommStetson BennettNathan PriestleyD’Wan MathisJohn Seter. Priestley, who had been wearing No. 22 but now wears QB Jes Sutherland’s old No. 9, is a 6-foot-4, 205-pound true freshman from Los Angeles, Calif. While at Loyola High School, he received offers from Colorado State, UNLV, and Montana State. Sutherland is now wearing Priestley’s old No. 22.

…During the aforementioned drill, the tight end rotation was as follows: Charlie WoernerJohn FitzPatrickPeyton MercerBrett SeitherKolby Wyatt. FitzPatrick was referred to as “FitzMagic” by offensive coordinator James Coley during the drill. Notice which tight ends Dash mentioned were missing from practice. Despite the group running seemingly a simple drill, the quarterbacks’ results were mixed as Bennett and Seter threw way off target for one of their reps, whereas Priestley missed high on both of his attempts.

…Catching the tail end of the running backs running a bag drill, the top four in the rotation were D’Andre SwiftBrian HerrienZamir WhiteJames Cook.

…For period 4, the quarterbacks, receivers, tight ends, and running backs were combined for a drill which has routinely been run this camp, yet one I don’t recall from previous seasons’ practices. A group of three wideouts, a tight end, and a running back ran routes as the five quarterbacks each targeted and threw to one of the five receivers. From what I noticed, at least during this particular drill, the top two wideout groups were as follows: 1) Demetris Robertson, Tyler Simmons, and Lawrence Cager; and 2) Matt Landers, George Pickens, and Kearis Jackson.

From Radi Nabulsi

... The tight ends were working alongside the tackles. Todd Hartley had two sets of them and had them working on edge blocks and assignment pick ups – i.e. who picked up the defensive end or outside linebacker.

Hartley kept barking about the pace. “Let’s go let’s go let’s go let’s go let’s go!” Was hard to make out but it almost sounded like he only wanted 20 seconds between reps. Seems to have been a theme today from the other stations as well.

I saw D’Marcus Hayes teaching Brett Seither what to do. Seither then picked up the right block but Hartley warned him not to be too thin on the block and to square up more.

Isaiah Wilson also spent some time teaching. He thumped down a big paw on Jamaree Salyer’s helmet in praise when the younger man did the drill correctly.

Offensive tackle and tight end pairings:
Jamaree Salyer - Charlie Woerner
Owen Condon – John FitzPatrick
Warren McClendon – Peyton Mercer
Andrew Thomas – Charlie Woerner

... The Defensive linemen were working the sleds. The goal was to isolate their hips and get full hip extensions. The players were on their knees and had to hit the sled, push it up and fire forward with their hips. The inverted banana shape they wound up in would break my back.

Tray Scott was working closely with Bill Norton, getting his technique right. “Get your elbows back, get that full extension…”

Tymon Mitchell had an assistant coach in his ear the entire time I was watching (granted was not long).

Scott praised Justin Young but still made him do extra reps.

Scott told Travon Walker he wanted to see him work “quick, with efficiency” and to “activate the hips.”

casper90403 casper90403 lol at the USC/Texas board conspiracy theorists that think Bru is faking the months long illness as part of his waiver claim. CFB fans are sick :lol:

I was listening to a CBS show yesterday that said Bryant's injury isn't expected to be season ending serious.

Kirby gave Dan Mullen their only 5* lmao

Thanks for the practice report atlsfinest atlsfinest

It's crazy that he immediately becomes their highest rated recruit on the roster.

From what I was hearing, he was getting third-team reps. We're really deep at that position and we have the five star kid, Sherman coming in next season so I don't think it's that big of a blow.

It just seems like he had a really bad attitude problem and he didn't handle being demoted after his arrest that well. His biggest issue on the field is that he was a tweener, I think he should put on weight and move to becoming a 5 technique defensive end

I keep hearing great things about Nebraska’s offseason but I just don’t know that they have the talent. At the same time though part of me keeps wondering why everyone assumes Wisconsin will be good just because they’re Wisconsin. It’s like Stanford. They get preseason benefit of the doubt every year regardless of turnover.

I don’t know that Kelly wants a ring, I think this game up during ESPN’s stop at Clemson last week. Dabo told/urged Kelly to transfer after the 4 games. It wasn’t so much him quitting as it was Dabo telling him he wouldn’t be starting anymore and that he should leave if he wants to preserve his eligibility.

Remember how many people praised good guy Dabo last season for white fanging Kelly and doing what was in the players best interest and not dragging it out? Welp. Lol.
This is such bull****, stop lying.

After a long hiatus, I popped in a while ago but still debated even bothering with NT and this thread anymore. I figured I'd keep an eye on it because I like discussing college football and hearing about what other fans think of their programs as well as Clemson now that it's an elite program. When I was in school, Tommy Bowden was coach and they were mediocre at best, I sat through some rough games while Clemsoning was going down so it's been pretty amazing to watch what's happened. But it's stuff like this that gets to the point where it's unbelievable to see how some people react.

I'm not a Dabo apologist by any means, there's a lot he says and does that I don't agree with. That being said, among other things I've read on here, the idea that "Dabo told/urged KB to transfer" is easily one of the biggest lies. Unless he's suddenly changed his story (and everyone close to the program will co-sign it), Kelly himself said that when Dabo made the decision to start Trevor, he informed them that Sunday and KB initially reacted with some disappointment but like everything is fine. KB is the one who decided to leave a QB meeting the next day (Monday) and was given the day off because he was understandably emotional, not show up the following day (Tuesday) at all without telling anyone even though that morning Dabo was still under the impression he would be practicing and would still play on Saturday. That evening he texts Dabo to say he's leaving and then an article was published the next morning (Wednesday) from an interview he did with his handler's brother who writes for the newspaper, saying it was a "slap in the face" and he "didn't get a fair shot". Granted, I don't blame KB at all for being upset at the time, a text is fine to inform Dabo that he wanted to transfer but the kid spoke to and had an article written about transferring before it was actually announced on Wednesday.

https://www.greenvilleonline.com/st...on-football-kelly-bryant-transfer/1427832002/

Also, I'm sure you think he's lying but:
“Personnel decisions are made all the time. You just have to respect his decision,” Swinney said of Bryant. “This is what he feels is best for him, and even though you don’t agree with it, I don’t really know what else we could have done.”

With the NCAA changing transfer rules to benefit the student-athletes even more, a player who has not used a redshirt can play up to four games in a season and still be eligible to redshirt. So, Bryant will be allowed to redshirt and transfer to another school for his final year of eligibility.

Swinney gave Bryant the option to stay with Clemson for the remainder of the season if he wanted to and then transfer following the season. However, Bryant did not want to do that.

“I did tell him that if he wanted to go somewhere else and play next year, I would agree to not play him the rest of the year and he could continue to stay and be a part of it — if that’s what he wanted to do, and I would support him in that,” Swinney said. “But that’s not what he wanted to do.

“At the end of the day, he made a decision that he felt was best for him, and you have to respect that and move on. He has to move on, we have to move on and get ready to go play Syracuse.”

I'm not going to talk about whether KB should or shouldn't get a ring, I can see either side of it and I truly do not care.

Last edited:
I've said it before and I'll say it again, I really hate this cat and mouse drill that is taking over the camp circuit now.

This is such bull****, stop lying.

After a long hiatus, I popped in a while ago but still debated even bothering with NT and this thread anymore. I figured I'd keep an eye on it because I like discussing college football and hearing about what other fans think of their programs as well as Clemson now that it's an elite program. When I was in school, Tommy Bowden was coach and they were mediocre at best, I sat through some rough games while Clemsoning was going down so it's been pretty amazing to watch what's happened. But it's stuff like this that gets to the point where it's unbelievable to see how some people react.

I'm not a Dabo apologist by any means, there's a lot he says and does that I don't agree with. That being said, among other things I've read on here, the idea that "Dabo told/urged KB to transfer" is easily one of the biggest lies. Unless he's suddenly changed his story (and everyone close to the program will co-sign it), Kelly himself said that when Dabo made the decision to start Trevor, he informed them that Sunday and KB initially reacted with some disappointment but like everything is fine. KB is the one who decided to leave a QB meeting the next day (Monday) and was given the day off because he was understandably emotional, not show up the following day (Tuesday) at all without telling anyone even though that morning Dabo was still under the impression he would be practicing and would still play on Saturday. That evening he texts Dabo to say he's leaving and then an article was published the next morning (Wednesday) from an interview he did with his handler's brother who writes for the newspaper, saying it was a "slap in the face" and he "didn't get a fair shot". Granted, I don't blame KB at all for being upset at the time, a text is fine to inform Dabo that he wanted to transfer but the kid spoke to and had an article written about transferring before it was actually announced on Wednesday.

https://www.greenvilleonline.com/st...on-football-kelly-bryant-transfer/1427832002/

Also, I'm sure you think he's lying but:
“Personnel decisions are made all the time. You just have to respect his decision,” Swinney said of Bryant. “This is what he feels is best for him, and even though you don’t agree with it, I don’t really know what else we could have done.”

With the NCAA changing transfer rules to benefit the student-athletes even more, a player who has not used a redshirt can play up to four games in a season and still be eligible to redshirt. So, Bryant will be allowed to redshirt and transfer to another school for his final year of eligibility.

Swinney gave Bryant the option to stay with Clemson for the remainder of the season if he wanted to and then transfer following the season. However, Bryant did not want to do that.

“I did tell him that if he wanted to go somewhere else and play next year, I would agree to not play him the rest of the year and he could continue to stay and be a part of it — if that’s what he wanted to do, and I would support him in that,” Swinney said. “But that’s not what he wanted to do.

“At the end of the day, he made a decision that he felt was best for him, and you have to respect that and move on. He has to move on, we have to move on and get ready to go play Syracuse.”

I'm not going to talk about whether KB should or shouldn't get a ring, I can see either side of it and I truly do not care.

My son scarsorscabs scarsorscabs welcome back! Stop lurking. The thread needs you.

#FakeNewsNako brings it out of everyone in this thread.

Where would you all be without a villain to unite you though?

tenor.gif

Back
Top Bottom