OFFICIAL 2020 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Who will the four teams in the College Football Playoff be?

• Alabama

Votes: 36 83.7%
  • Clemson

Votes: 35 81.4%
  • UGA

Votes: 22 51.2%
  • LSU

Votes: 7 16.3%
  • Oklahoma

Votes: 19 44.2%
  • UF

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Ohio State

Votes: 12 27.9%
  • Auburn

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Michigan

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • Someone else

Votes: 17 39.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
what did Dabo say that was so terrible? I'm not seeing what you guys are seeing (in most cases)

dabo has toned it down in the last few years, but he is way over the top with his righteousness. I turned it off for the post game, but there are many this he’s done in the past.

a few that bother me the most;
He more or less forced students to go to church. (This was prob 5ish years ago). He said that if they didn’t go... that was their choice. However, a lot of stuff at the time was that if they didn’t go, their playing time would diminish.

Commenting on how great African Americans in general are treated... and that if they don’t like the way the country is right now, they should leave.

He talks about how he’d quit if college athletes get paid (I bet he’d stay at Clemson if they decided to give him free tuition and took away his millions)

he ****s on his players all the time when they mess up.

Would he even take a USF job though?
Idk. USF isn’t a terrible job though.

I just think it’s weird whenever you hear about a Clemson assistant discussed with a coaching job Venables and Jeff Scott’s name are mentioned on boards/media and he’s not even the play caller, Elliot is. I have suspicions why that’s the case but doubt the thread wants to go there.

Yes, yes. you are.
giphy.gif
you don't stop and watch WOmens College Volleyball when ESPN2 is showing it?

I guess I'm just a filthy dog then

was Ryan Day considered a great coaching prospect when he filled in for Urban and got the job?

I love that guy

Urban basically hand picked him to be his successor. Supposedly Tennessee offered him their HC job but I don’t know if that was ever confirmed. Titans as well for OC

was Ryan Day considered a great coaching prospect when he filled in for Urban and got the job?

I love that guy
He was a great OC prospect; there were NFL guys and Chip Kelly singing his praises.

From what I read last year Urban and Ohio State knew he was highly touted from recs but didn’t really know what they had in Day until they got him there and saw him in person.

Ohio State interviewed other people and apparently really wanted to move on Vrabel to replace Urban but decided they had the goods in house already.

I just think it’s weird whenever you hear about a Clemson assistant discussed with a coaching job Venables and Jeff Scott’s name are mentioned on boards/media and he’s not even the play caller, Elliot is. I have suspicions why that’s the case but doubt the thread wants to go there.
Ive seen Elliott's name mentioned for USC. Didn't know too much about him until his name popped up

I know Jeff Scott because he's been to Bosco many times. Coaching wise, not so much

No one said his helmet was taken away, just that he wasnt carrying it with him. His head looked untouched iirc anyway...some folks have too much time and fake sympathy. :lol:

Go ahead, It's not exactly a secret black coaches have a hard time getting HC jobs in CFB, I doubt too many in this thread would be that up in arms about that observation :lol:

If you're a young black dude who wants to get into to coaching at a high level you should probably set your sights on the NFL. It's easier to convince just one old white person compared to a group of them when it comes time for a HC job.

IIRC Elliot got a look at GT but that's about it.

dabo has toned it down in the last few years, but he is way over the top with his righteousness. I turned it off for the post game, but there are many this he’s done in the past.

a few that bother me the most;
He more or less forced students to go to church. (This was prob 5ish years ago). He said that if they didn’t go... that was their choice. However, a lot of stuff at the time was that if they didn’t go, their playing time would diminish.

Commenting on how great African Americans in general are treated... and that if they don’t like the way the country is right now, they should leave.

He talks about how he’d quit if college athletes get paid (I bet he’d stay at Clemson if they decided to give him free tuition and took away his millions)

he ****s on his players all the time when they mess up.

98EABA17-7E7A-4266-A5C6-D114CBEB6DBD.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom