OFFICIAL 2020 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Who will the four teams in the College Football Playoff be?

• Alabama

Votes: 36 83.7%
  • Clemson

Votes: 35 81.4%
  • UGA

Votes: 22 51.2%
  • LSU

Votes: 7 16.3%
  • Oklahoma

Votes: 19 44.2%
  • UF

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Ohio State

Votes: 12 27.9%
  • Auburn

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Michigan

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • Someone else

Votes: 17 39.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Paul makes some decent points in this video. Even the most optimistic college football fans don't expect there to be a full schedule, with packed stands that starts and finishes on time. There will be some modification, less capacity, only conference games or the season might end early.

Playing a full schedule, that starts on time at 50% capacity is the best case scenario in my opinion

Literally no one but the SEC and half of the Big 12 expects a full schedule at full capacity :lol:

Paul isn't breaking news, he's pandering to idiots.

And I'm telling you earnestly, as someone who had to for a period of time flee New York City because of how bad things got here, if the red states continue course as they have, then you're not getting football with ANY fans in the fall. Maybe no football at all. Where will you get the medical staffs to attend games when hospitals are at full capacity and the local healthcare systems are all hands on deck?

I really believe you guys talk about sports like they're a certainty because you don't understand how bad this **** can get.

Unless we get a Flutie style Hail Mary vaccination almost zero way this season gets played out in full especially if you believe that this **** is only going to get worse in the fall. Colleges are already having tough enough time as it controlling the spread much less in August you will have a college town full of hyped up, horny and ready to party like no other 19-22 yr olds who for the better part of five to six months have been couped up in their parents basements. What do you think those kids are going to do?

As someone who loves football my only hope is that cases are not serious and don't require hospitalizations. If it takes a turn for the worst we might as well kiss 2020 sports goodbye.

The target comp and Caleb Williams getting his MVP. Apparently 50% of the consideration that goes into the Elite 11 rankings and MVP award comes from high school junior year film.

The target comp and Caleb Williams getting his MVP. Apparently 50% of the consideration that goes into the Elite 11 rankings and MVP award comes from high school junior year film.

Yeah, the Elite 11 MVP is more art than science. Caleb Williams was the alpha dog and showed out on Day 1, but finished in 10th place on Day 2 and 11th place for Day 3 and he won MVP.

Which makes no sense. :lol: But allows them not to look crazy for a kid who ends up being a stud in college not making the Elite 11.

Which makes no sense. :lol: But allows them not to look crazy for a kid who ends up being a stud in college not making the Elite 11.
Don't get me wrong, you want to have as many data points as possible but being elite 11 MVP isn't indicator of college success.

In recent years, there have been some MVPs who ended up being studs like Fields and Tua but there have been big misses like Patterson, White and Barnett.

what place did Bryce get last year? I know DJ chose to stay home and play with the fellas in the Huntington Beach 7v7 tourney, and lost to MD let Toby Schmidt

75% of the decision was due to Junior Film

What a joke. I wouldn't be going to this if I were a big time QB. Whats the point?

Don't get me wrong, you want to have as many data points as possible but being elite 11 MVP isn't indicator of college success.
It’s not, but then weighing the junior film performance so heavily shows that they basically want to rely on the rankings coming into the event. Why would you want to go to any camp where the awards are predominately based on things that didn’t happen at the actual camp?

Literally no one but the SEC and half of the Big 12 expects a full schedule at full capacity :lol:

Paul isn't breaking news, he's pandering to idiots.

And I'm telling you earnestly, as someone who had to for a period of time flee New York City because of how bad things got here, if the red states continue course as they have, then you're not getting football with ANY fans in the fall. Maybe no football at all. Where will you get the medical staffs to attend games when hospitals are at full capacity and the local healthcare systems are all hands on deck?

I really believe you guys talk about sports like they're a certainty because you don't understand how bad this **** can get.
Never underestimate the stupidity and importance of football to these red southern states tho...Most of the ppl would still go watch games in these places even if you told em they had a 90% chance of getting sick n still won’t wear a mask

It’s not, but then weighing the junior film performance so heavily shows that they basically want to rely on the rankings coming into the event. Why would you want to go to any camp where the awards are predominately based on things that didn’t happen at the actual camp?

I'd imagine that some of the uncommitted kids can get more exposure and get better offers, these are the top 11 QBs in the nation so almost all of them have big-time offers but a good showing at a camp can move you up the rankings and get more exposure. Also, kids just want to compete and see how they rank against the best.

I'd imagine that some of the uncommitted kids can get more exposure and get better offers, these are the top 11 QBs in the nation so almost all of them have big-time offers but a good showing at a camp can move you up the rankings and get more exposure. Also, kids just want to compete and see how they rank against the best.
Yea, it was kind of a rhetorical question. :lol: And I understand that politics usually affect who wins what awards at camps generally, but allowing junior film to affect how kids are ranked just seems way too obviously wrong to let happen.

what place did Bryce get last year? I know DJ chose to stay home and play with the fellas in the Huntington Beach 7v7 tourney, and lost to MD let Toby Schmidt
Can’t remember but last Elite 11 was tied in with the opening and Bryce And CJ were on the same team. Bryce did really well but CJ led the team better, had a few comebacks and more if not all the TDs (I think. I partially blocked all things bryce out.)

Yea, it was kind of a rhetorical question. :lol: And I understand that politics usually affect who wins what awards at camps generally, but allowing junior film to affect how kids are ranked just seems way too obviously wrong to let happen.
Usually you have the opening 7 on 7 tourney to go along with it so when a QB is really showing out (see Stroud in 2019) they really have no choice but to acknowledge his performance. This year without the 7 on 7 the judges and insiders were allowed to stick to their preconceived notions.

Why you leave this out nako xl nako xl

JK I dno much about this kid, any info?

Wiltfong was saying McCord balled out at the elite 11 but that he is like his 5th or 6th overall favorite QB in the class. That he has Caleb Williams, Vandergriff, and I think Ty Thompson definitely ahead of him because he “likes how they move better” but that McCord is up there.

He also said he thought McCarthy and Moss were among the most accurate QBs there.

Back
Top Bottom