OFFICIAL 2020 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Who will the four teams in the College Football Playoff be?

• Alabama

Votes: 36 83.7%
  • Clemson

Votes: 35 81.4%
  • UGA

Votes: 22 51.2%
  • LSU

Votes: 7 16.3%
  • Oklahoma

Votes: 19 44.2%
  • UF

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Ohio State

Votes: 12 27.9%
  • Auburn

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Michigan

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • Someone else

Votes: 17 39.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Think everyone realizes the money and resources will generally go where players do.

The problem is the amount of time it would actually take for any of it to bear fruit in the grand scheme of things.

Even if they could cherry pick every elite recruit, it would take years and years for the money to flow and the resources/infrastructure to catch up. Coaching, facilities, support staffs, stadium remodels/builds. It’s a massive uphill battle and would require an insane number of kids putting their futures on the line by sacrificing what they’re walking away from in the meantime.

idk man. We saw Memphis and UMass basketball take off with just a few years each of Calipari. Granted each team had runs in the 80s too that you could point too.

idk man. We saw Memphis and UMass basketball take off with just a few years each of Calipari. Granted each team had runs in the 80s too that you could point too.
You can’t compare basketball to football. Two completely different animals.

You can’t compare basketball to football. Two completely different animals.
I took N41D N41D ’s statement to mean college programs in general. But yes you can build a program in basketball quicker than football.

But I think there are examples of programs getting sudden injections of money and turning around. But I agree that’s different than seeing that sustained over a long time.

I mean specifically football.

Basketball can happen on a dime because one recruiting class can change everything and it’s like 3 or 4 guys tops. Nevermind the fact the elite kids that actually create waves only have to be on campus for 6 months and barely have to survive a semester in class in most cases.

It’s also significantly less resource/infrastructure intensive. Could See a shift in basketball happening within a matter of a couple of years. Football’s a different animal.

I don't get people like this. They pack the stands to cheer teams that are 75% black, they buy black players jerseys yet they spout racist, ignorant garbage like this. It's a level of cognitive dissonance I just can't understand. The only way you can piece this together mentally is if you don't think of athletes as people.

Last edited:
Ding ding ding :lol:

fans: "Yay! Score that touchdown! Go Team!"

players: "So can we talk about the toxic culture down here? the fact that we don't get paid to put our bodies on the line? our experiences/struggles as young black men?"

same fans: "Shut up! White Lives Matter! You should feel lucky to be here at all!"

Leonard Taylor :nerd:. Down to UF/Miami.

Also, Miami mayor just shut down everything again.

as expected, looks like IVY League is cancelling football. I would have been shocked if they played.

Only freshmen students will be allowed on campus for the next semester. Love the idea.

as expected, looks like IVY League is cancelling football. I would have been shocked if they played.

Only freshmen students will be allowed on campus for the next semester. Love the idea.

This is huge and will likely trickle down, they were the first to cancel their conference tourneys back when COVID first hit.

Less than 50% chance at this point for the fall, and most likely a spring 2021 plan.

Ever find out what happened? I was in the NFL Thread to see about the Mahomes deal and made me think about it again.
no, but it might have had something to do with him trolling another poster by constantly posting an embarrassing pic of said poster. Doesn't seem right to me considering the other stuff timid has done.

The mechanical contractor I work for just had a meeting about our projects going forward and it’s crazy seeing how covid is crippling funds at universities. University of Illinois is always renovating or building new buildings on campus and is now canceling all new construction due to funding. Going to be real interesting to see what happens to smaller universities going forward

The mechanical contractor I work for just had a meeting about our projects going forward and it’s crazy seeing how covid is crippling funds at universities. University of Illinois is always renovating or building new buildings on campus and is now canceling all new construction due to funding. Going to be real interesting to see what happens to smaller universities going forward

Been to so may sites recently, I cannot remember where I saw it, but the video I watched eluded to the demise of some of these smaller universities without the large endowments to help them keep their doors open. Hell, it could have been in this thread for all I know. I can't even tell you what day or date it is since COVID. My schedule is all wacky.

Been to so may sites recently, I cannot remember where I saw it, but the video I watched eluded to the demise of some of these smaller universities without the large endowments to help them keep their doors open. Hell, it could have been in this thread for all I know. I can't even tell you what day or date it is since COVID. My schedule is all wacky.

Yeah all of our trades are super busy right now with ongoing work at the university but when those jobs wrap up in November/December I have a feeling we will see a lot of layoffs. I’d say the university is probably half of our work if not more right now, not to mention other businesses have been hit hard too

Some of these smaller schools entire budget for football might come from playing a Clemson or Alabama. You take that off the board the prospects of them surviving without entire funding from a private source look really unlikely.
We all know how this going to go. Administration, coaches, fans and most of the players want to play. They will try and make it work but once the first case of 20+ athletes getting tested positive the week of a game the whole thing will come crashing down. Just like the tournament it will be a waterfall affect.

Some of these smaller schools entire budget for football might come from playing a Clemson or Alabama. You take that off the board the prospects of them surviving without entire funding from a private source look really unlikely.
We all know how this going to go. Administration, coaches, fans and most of the players want to play. They will try and make it work but once the first case of 20+ athletes getting tested positive the week of a game the whole thing will come crashing down. Just like the tournament it will be a waterfall affect.
I wonder if all these fan bases will still want to play when they have multiple starters test positive the week of the game and have to play without them and possibly lose.

Back
Top Bottom