OFFICIAL 2020 NBA PLAYOFF THREAD - DISNEY COVID INVITATIONAL EDITION - MAMBA FOREVER - LAKERS WIN THE RONA RAND - ALA FOREVER

Who will win the inaugural COVID Invitational Jamboree?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
AD has gone to another level in the playoffs just starting the facts. Member how all the on/off stuff during the regular season where it was terrible with AD on by himself and Bron off. That's flipped. We haven't skipped a beat with Bron off a lot of the time.

AD has been incredible, and I think he deserves finals MVP if things keep going the way they are. I think it would be a great cherry on top for the tremendous season he's had. No one will ever ask "can AD do it on the biggest stage?" ever again.

I just think it's funny that deep down we all know that you still hate LeBron. I'll save my gushing for LeBron until after we win but I give him credit for single-handedly resurrecting this franchise.

FlippantNippyDalmatian-size_restricted.gif

I can totally see that Nets team next year being a s**t show. On paper, they should have a great roster. They're adding to all NBA players to a playoff team but it has bust potential. We don't know how KD is going to look next season and Kyrie is consistently hurt and is generally a malcontent. Couple that with a first-time head coach who's effectively a yes man for KD and Kyrie, and I see a Clippers situation in Brooklyn. Huge upside but will likely disappoint

AD has been incredible, and I think he deserves finals MVP if things keep going the way they are. I think it would be a great cherry on top for the tremendous season he's had. No one will ever ask "can AD do it on the biggest stage?" ever again.

I just think it's funny that deep down we all know that you still hate LeBron. I'll save my gushing for LeBron until after we win but I give him credit for single-handedly resurrecting this franchise.

You can run with that narrative if you want I'll continue to tell the truth.

Just trying to give AD his flowers in the moment, since he embraced the challenge and backed it up with no shenanigans.

I don’t see it with the Nets. I could totally see KD and Kyrie never making the ECF.
yeah same
we gonna have to see though if those two's talents can put them over the hump
as of now i'm not sure if they're better than the top 4 in the east (bucks, heat, boston, toronto)

C'mon y'all overthinking this, the Heat just ran thorough the East with little resistance. KD and Myrie with that supporting cast should be more than enough to win that conference.

Seems like people are assuming KD is gonna come back the same too.
even if KD is close to himself
Kyrie is sort of a cancer lol
i listend to their podcast and he still spitting that weird "I am NBA's Beethoven" **** and i'm not sure if they end up panning out lol
Steph and KD fit play-wise so on paper so does Byrie and KD but Steph is a better leading personality and they also had Dray to help keep things in order :lol:

I'm waiting to see what the Nets final roster looks like but since his second year whenever KD has played more than 60+ games his teams have been routinely over 50 Wins. He knows what it's like to play with a ball dominant guard & more important than anything else They chose each other to play with.

Depending on how BK fills out this roster they can be very dangerous going forward. we'll see after acquisitions are made.

And also :lol: :lol: at Bron single handedly saving the organization, this is why bron fans can't have nice things. Ya'll try to discredit every & anyone around him to boost his standing & it's completely unnecessary.

yeah same
we gonna have to see though if those two's talents can put them over the hump
as of now i'm not sure if they're better than the top 4 in the east (bucks, heat, boston, toronto)
Not for nothing the Nets gotta see how that Achilles is healed first and foremost.

And let me extend further.....without Magic's vision for the Lakers that he planted in Bron's head during his late night recruitment meeting with Bron, who knows if Bron signs with LAL
ehhh magic aint do ****. lebron was already coming.

magic almost ****** usup by trading dangelo russell and picking lonzo ball after a ******* pancake breakfast.

to be honest, I find the triangle pretty overrated. it worked to perfection because of Jordan cause it eases off his total workload. I'd say the triangle offense benefited because of Jordan. also, the open court was pretty much the Bulls dangerous offense. as far as defense goes, the Bulls employed a full court press most if not all game. if memory serves me right, this was one of the reasons the Warriors struggled in the playoffs where they lost to the Cavs. anyway, we are talking about the 96 Bulls, so pretty much Jordan was still on his last dominant self. I would give the Warriors a chance though against the 98 Bulls.

Yeah so, to be clear, I’m talking about peak KD Warriors vs 96 Bulls. Again, I think the pace and ball movement of the Warriors would cause the Bulls to struggle into transition given how good of shooters Steph, KD, and Klay were/are. Nobody was running an offense that looked anything like the Hampton 5 offense back then. D’Antoni and the Rockets spent two seasons building a team specifically tailored to defeat it and they STILL couldn’t come through (although if CP3 didn’t get injured, maybe they could). Nobody had seen a team like that before where the talent meshed so well among 4 all-stars, two of which won a collective 3 MVP awards the 4 years prior to their historic 2017 run.. It’s insane to think about but, for fans of pretty much all other franchises, I’m glad we’ll likely never seen a superteam that dominant ever again b/c of the amount of things that have to go right for that to happen (GSW drafting 3 all stars in Steph/Klay/Draymond, CBA raising the cap extensively, KD being a FA in 2016, etc. etc.).

REPORTING trynafeelmink trynafeelmink trynafeelmink trynafeelmink for being a NBA thread bully and EXTREMELY smug.

This Anthony Davis lead Lakers team has brought out the absolute worst in him

His "pull yourself up by the bootstrap's" mentality as well as his egregious taunting has created a "non safe" environment in this thread

Him and his henchmen should be BANNED from celebrating the Walt Disney Bingo Hall Covid Cup (Presented by YouTube TV) when they inevitably "win"

Have a good day mods

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom