OFFICIAL 2020 NBA PLAYOFF THREAD - DISNEY COVID INVITATIONAL EDITION - MAMBA FOREVER - LAKERS WIN THE RONA RAND - ALA FOREVER

Who will win the inaugural COVID Invitational Jamboree?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nobody is saying that man :lol:. Y’all really pretend like dudes say LeBron is trash or something lol. He’s universally regarded as one of the 5 best basketball players ever. And even regarded by a growing subset of the population as THE greatest basketball player of all time. Despite, having some glaring moments that should take away from that, as well as simply not winning as much as like 2-3 other people, who match his stats, longevity, talent, production and in mikes case....more accolades etc.

I know, yiu get the itch when you see people fall into convention. And can’t wait to get your **** off. But I think it’s fairly easy to say that Michael Jordan or Kareem Abdul Jabbar have had greater basketball CAREERS than LeBron James.

Now, if you wanted to say LeBron is the most TALENTED player we’ve ever seen, them you for sure have a closer argument.

well i was obviously exaggerating for comedic effect.
no one is literally making that argument.

all im saying is that it's arguable.

but you have many prominent media figures like SAS, Bill Simmons who want to tell you it's not.

I think that's obviously dumb and I don't think im being contrarian.

it's evidence by "growing subset of the population as THE greatest basketball player of all time" it's evidenced by the straining, and the ridiculous arguments some people need to make to keep up the narrative that "it's not close"

IT'S CLOSE. IT'S OBVIOISLY CLOSE. THERE ARE A NUMBER OF PLAUSIBLE ARGUMENT YOU CAN MAKE FOR LBJ.

and TBH yall the contrarians with this "it's not close" BS :lol:

I think most rational basketball people may lean one way or another but this "it's not close" is a an opinion only shared by a vocal minority of oldsters, kobe fans and contrarians.

2017? Versus the most talented team of all time? Where my guy got smoked like some salmon?!?!

No, I want you to go look at Steph & KDs numbers over that entire playoffs and finals. And see if you come away with the thoughts you have now. You SHOULD, if you were being real with yourself.

That’s not the consensus thought tho.

Pretty sure Wavy said Shaq is better than Bron because he “won more rings in less tries”
He has no credibility when it comes to anything Bron related :lol:

No, I want you to go look at Steph & KDs numbers over that entire playoffs and finals. And see if you come away with the thoughts you have now. You SHOULD, if you were being real with yourself.

That’s not the consensus thought tho.
OHHHHH!!! I remember now
I actually feel Steph had a good case then too

but KD had the bigger "moments" (i.e. that shot in Bron's beard for Game 3) and some other timely buckets lol

but i was however still salty about the KD move so i might have been posting some trolly posts :lol:
3 years later man life comes at you fast i have new thought process :rofl:

Pretty sure Wavy said Shaq is better than Bron because he “won more rings in less tries”
He has no credibility when it comes to anything Bron related :lol:

Man, imma need you to start quoting me, and stop lying on me :lol:. Why do you do this?

I said Shaq/Bron/Kobe/ are in the same tier in the greatness pantheon.

Which means arguably top 5 players.

Shaq 3peated with 3 straight finals mvps for gods sake. And walked in the league a top50 player. You acting like he’s chopped liver.

Relax Bryce.

I think a more interesting argument is who is the no 3 point line GOAT?

because no 3 point line I think shaq has to be in the convo.

Doesn't wavy have like 5 favorite teams? lol all in fun.

oh and MVP MVP , I'm a Lakers fan. But thanks for directing me on how I should be a fan and what not.

Man, imma need you to start quoting me, and stop lying on me :lol:. Why do you do this?

I said Shaq/Bron/Kobe/ are in the same tier in the greatness pantheon.

Which means arguably top 5 players.

Shaq 3peated with 3 straight finals mvps for gods sake. And walked in the league a top50 player. You acting like he’s chopped liver.

Relax Bryce.
Nah I’m not lying you definitely said that :lol:

2017 Playoffs
KD - 29/9/4 on 68% TS (holy **** lol)
Steph - 28/6/6 on 65% TS

Finals
KD - 35/8/5 on 70% TS
Steph - 27/8/9 on 61% TS

Damn KD smoked the **** out the cavs :lol:
weird looking at the basketball ref now because i remember them being pretty close in terms of production impact besides KD hitting the clutch dagger shots aka "bigger moments"

wavycrocket wavycrocket

And that’s not a crazy thought.

Y’all really act like Shaq can’t ARGUABLY be considered better than LeBron :lol:. I think Bron is closer to Shaq/Kobe/Duncan...than he is to Mike and Kareem.

So what?! That doesn’t taint my credibility.
I don’t even necessarily disagree with that.
It’s the reasoning :lol:

2017 Playoffs
KD - 29/9/4 on 68% TS (holy **** lol)
Steph - 28/6/6 on 65% TS

Finals
KD - 35/8/5 on 70% TS
Steph - 27/8/9 on 61% TS

Damn KD smoked the **** out the cavs :lol:
weird looking at the basketball ref now because i remember them being pretty close in terms of production impact besides KD hitting the clutch dagger shots aka "bigger moments"

wavycrocket wavycrocket

You’re getting that confused with the 2018 finals. KD was amazing in 2017 though. And he got a lot of open shots and 1 on 1 because Steph was the focus.

But it’s less about who “deserved” finals mvps or who carried the team etc. I just wanted to point out how outstanding the both of them were. And the thought process you and the media have now...is how y’all should’ve been talking about KD & Steph. Even Shaq & Kobe tbh. And I been guilty of it with Shaq & Kobe too.

Doesn't wavy have like 5 favorite teams? lol all in fun.

oh and MVP MVP , I'm a Lakers fan. But thanks for directing me on how I should be a fan and what not.

Laker fan but never posted in the Laker thread...interesting. You ain't gotta lie to kick it mayne. Just trying to inform you and the rest of the Bron stans and masses on how it's been with our star players before. Nobody gets universal praise.

Screenshot_20201002-121249_Chrome.jpg

Y'all lying about your fandom now to slurp Bron. Wild stuff.

Last edited:
You’re getting that confused with the 2018 finals. KD was amazing in 2017 though. And he got a lot of open shots and 1 on 1 because Steph was the focus.

But it’s less about who “deserved” finals mvps or who carried the team etc. I just wanted to point out how outstanding the both of them were. And the thought process you and the media have now...is how y’all should’ve been talking about KD & Steph. Even Shaq & Kobe tbh. And I been guilty of it with Shaq & Kobe too.

Ah. Gotcha!

Yeah true. When you have two guys getting otherworldly production like that it's hard to pick one over the other.

Shaq and Kobe def could have split 1 or 2 of those FMVPs too.
Steph/KD in 2018 too.

Hindsight always 20/20 though. But these duos it's like you literally cannot have 1 without the other it don't work lol

their numbers are pretty neck and neck
Bron is like 26/11/9 63% TS
AD is like 30/12/4 66% TS

AD is the anchor of defense because the way lakers play defense is to guard the guards tight and force them into AD who is elite at rim protection
Bron is initiates the offense and generates points for the entire team while having to deal with that zone that was built schematically around Bron
AD helps on the offense because he's an elite bucket getter and zone buster
Bron helps on defense too we have seen him get weak side blocks and guard the likes of Murray and Jokic and Harden and Russ (tho in spurts)

I don't think it's a runway case for either guy i actually want them to get Co-FMVP lol

Based off the first game & how this Heat team is built along with how the playoffs in general have played out, i don't believe their numbers are gonna continue to be that close. If Bam is compromised this series i fully expect AD to be at 32-33 a night, along with his rebound numbers & assist.

Also AD is the Defense, they can play this way on defense because they have one of the best defensive players ever. The same way you credit Bron for controlling the whole offense, AD is just as important on defense. Bron has been good on defense, not to the extent of AD.

AD has been the superior player this postseason on offense & defense.... if that continues then he should get the FMVP, the man is literally on pace to have the Highest PER in NBA playoff history :lol: . That isn't a slight to Lebron he's probably been the second best player in the bubble just so happens to be on the team with the best.

Good problems for the Lakers :pimp:

Reactions: MVP
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom