OFFICIAL 2020 NBA PLAYOFF THREAD - DISNEY COVID INVITATIONAL EDITION - MAMBA FOREVER - LAKERS WIN THE RONA RAND - ALA FOREVER

Who will win the inaugural COVID Invitational Jamboree?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sam Cassell needs a job asap but THEY don’t wanna see an ugly man succeed. Nobody ready for him to be the face of their franchise. Hope he takes over for Doc when Doc leaves.

brah......

giphy-downsized.gif

How many MVP caliber players are actually assistant coaches now? I can only think of Duncan but he’s a bit of a weirdo

People really also do not understand that Mark Jackson is an above average coach...and does not want to leave an easy, high paid job to make the same as a coach with expectations and more work :lol:. He’s also not taking ANY job. I keep seeing his name brought up, by people who don’t understand ****.

Jvg been retired 20 years and people bring his name up every time there's a vacancy :lol:. If you've been doing commentary longer than a year, you're done coaching.

I think Kuz will be especially important vs Russ

He did a good job vs Russ earlier in the season but got torched when they last played in the small ball game. Frankly he played soft that game.

Steve Kerr’s track record makes you forget how pedestrian he was in Phoenix. There is a learning curve.

Making a title run with a guy who hasn’t even been an assistant before. Good luck.
lol learning curve. yeah. the learning curve is called hall of fame esoteric talent.

this is the type of stuff that pisses black coaches off. Black coaches have to wait longer to get head coaching jobs and they get fired sooner. Guys like Steve Nash who have never coached at any level immediately get head coaching jobs. White coaches with sub .400 records like Luke Walton immediately get coaching jobs after getting fired. How often does this happen with black coaches? How was Steve Nash more qualified than Nate McMillan?

Bro you know Nate McMillian got his first head coaching job 2 years after he stopped playing right? :lol:
Ya'll need to start taking a slight peek past the surface level of some of these discussions. I'm willing to call out whitey for some **** but ****** be REACHING sometimes

The Nash hire isn’t shocking. NBA players, especially floor generals skipping the line isn’t new.

Mark Jackons was unwilling to start as an assistant until Golden State came knocking down on his door. Kidd went straight to coaching the Nets after playing with the Knicks.

Not sure is a racial thing either. If CP3 retires and wants a coaching gig, several teams will be falling in line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom