OFFICIAL 2020 NBA PLAYOFF THREAD - DISNEY COVID INVITATIONAL EDITION - MAMBA FOREVER - LAKERS WIN THE RONA RAND - ALA FOREVER

Who will win the inaugural COVID Invitational Jamboree?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
That was from the start of the season.

Don't have to rehash how almost nobody in the media picked us to even get to the finals let alone win it all.

Screenshot_20200916-093956_Chrome.jpg
giphy (14).gif

This has been one of the most interesting things to come out of the player empowerment movement. Obviously players are taking their careers into their own hands and using your leverage to get what they want from franchises but it brings you to this question: what if making your stars happy isn't what's best for your team? It seems like the clippers are keeping Doc Not because he's the best coach but because it's what they're superstars want. Remember when LeBron wanted Erik Sopelstra fired?

What if your superstars want you to make bad trades or acquire players who don't fit? Or hire a bad coach? Do you have to acquiesce to all of their demands? Kawhi particularly has the clippers over a barrel because they've already mortgaged their future and Kawhi can leave next season. The craziest part about it is that after manipulating the situation to get the players he wanted, Kawhi can easily leave and he won't have to deal with the fallout of giving up draft picks for the next 6 years.

It's similar to how LeBron forced the cavaliers to make "win now" decisions and spend into the luxury tax and then leave when the situation isn't working for you anymore.

Last edited:
PG isnt a catch and shoot type of wing. Just look at those shots he missed last night. He plays better when he is going off the dribble, driving, getting to FT line. Also his defense was thoroughly overrated I thought. Doc didnt put him or Kawhi in positions to succeed AT ALL when they needed buckets. When Jamychal Green is your best player in the 4th quarter of game 7, thats on the coach.

Nah I’m going to disagree. He shot 47% on wide open jumpers in the regular season. 42% overall. Top tier. Come playoff time he shot 29% unguarded. That’s all mental. He was shook.

When Philly trades Tobias back to the Clippers for Paul George :nthat:

One of the good things at least for me as a fan, is to see team ball win over the heliocentric offense

Harden, giannis and kawhi being extinguished while the Miami’s denvers and celtics (could have just as easily been the raps) are still alive make me happy

I hope the mavs move into that direction rather than upping the work load and responsibility on luka

Kawhi is definitely deserving of all the slander thrown his way for the loss but like a few folks have said, it doesn't impact him being a Tier 1 player today. Even looking at the bigger picture, every single all-time great has letdown playoff moments. Sure they vary in degree (i.e. losing in the championship vs. losing in the second round) but at the end of the day all we remember is that they didn't win the championship.

The difference with the all-time greats and the others is that they have all bounced back from said disappointments. I have faith Kawhi will do the same and that will take time but I understand y'all need get these hot takes off so carry on :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom