OFFICIAL 2021-2022 COLLEGE FOOTBALL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
What’s been the talk?

Crying about the fact that Milton didn't start and automatically saying that JT needs to be benched.

When in all reality, you're gonna need both of them all season and at no point during the offseason has KZ outplayed JT. And he barely practiced in fall camp

Crying about the fact that Milton didn't start and automatically saying that JT needs to be benched.

When in all reality, you're gonna need both of them all season and at no point during the offseason has KZ outplayed JT. And he barely practiced in fall camp
I was telling dacomeup dacomeup that Bud Elliott has been saying all offseason and again this week people need to pump their brakes and that Milton often hasn't even been 2nd best but like 3rd best QB on the team bad when hes even been healthy enough to practice."

And Danny Kannel has consistently been like "I don’t know about that. He's a gamer! Mckenzie’s got that it factor! He just made plays and hes electrifying. I think hell be fine regardless of what he shows in practice.” :lol:

seriously? Man, this dude is not durable. Them roids are catching up
That's the rumor. One site reported it but most others aren't. 247 said they didn't see him at practice but it isn't conclusive.

Someone asked Cristobal in a round about way and he said he wouldn't talk about any injury before it's time, out of respect to players.

witnesskb24 witnesskb24 he called Thibodeaux day to day but oregon insiders are convinced he's playing saturday.

When did Jimmy Kimmel get his own bowl game ??
IMG_20210909_104532.jpg

USC and LSU are getting $5M each for participating in the 2024 Vegas kickoff game.

That's almost 3x as much as the total Boise State got from their share of MW revenue last year.

I didn't read this article but the tl;dr I got from the boards is:

NBC is test driving putting college football games on their paid subscription service Peacock this weekend with ND vs. Toledo. Based on how well that does it could open the door for them signing more teams to tv deals. There's whispers of the bigger power schools looking to go independent if deals like this could be had.

I mentioned USC has been researching what that kind of model would look like for them. Larry Scott claimed to the presidents he was talking to Amazon and Apple about partnering with the pac 12 when their current deal with fox and espn ends in 2024. SC and some other big schools may already be talking to streaming services about similar setups to the one ND has. Obviously the number of schools with enough national appeal to pull off what ND is doing is limited.

They will eventually.

This won’t be their only round.

SMU, Memphis, Boise… One more probably after Texas and OU are finally gone. I’ve seen/heard varying levels of interest in Colorado State, Navy, USF.
I saw from pac 12 people the schools they’re rumored to be talking to are Colorado state, Colorado, asu, and Zona. The split zone duo guys said they don’t think the big 12 wants Boise or USF.

SMU makes too much sense for them, especially if they are going to keep trending up year to year, though I imagine baylor and TCU won’t want them in.

I saw from pac 12 people the schools they’re rumored to be talking to are Colorado state, Colorado, asu, and Zona. The split zone duo guys said they don’t think the big 12 wants Boise or USF.

No SDSU? They seem like a lot more attractive option than either Memphis or SMU.

SMU makes too much sense for them, especially if they are going to keep trending up year to year, though I imagine baylor and TCU won’t want them in.
Why would Colorado and the Arizona schools leave the Pac12 though? Money won’t be better, I wouldn’t think. Unless something else is brewing with the Pac12, I can’t imagine a scenario it makes sense.

I wouldn’t be surprised if USF and Boise get left out.

Why would Colorado and the Arizona schools leave the Pac12 though? Money won’t be better, I wouldn’t think. Unless something else is brewing with the Pac12, I can’t imagine a scenario it makes sense.

I wouldn’t be surprised if USF and Boise get left out.
The current Pac 12 tv contract ends after the 2023 season too, which is before the big 12 one, so it doesn’t really make sense for anyone but CSU but that’s the rumor that’s been going around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom