OFFICIAL 2021 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

“I got a lot more respect for Coach Saban now,” Iese said. “Coach Saban is a man of his word. He’s truly about the player. And the reason why I say that is he advised Henry to wait until April comes around, because the NCAA one-time transfer rule hasn’t passed. It was supposed to pass in January, the day after the national title. And it didn’t. They set it back on the table until April. And Coach Saban told us to wait until April and if this thing passes he was like there’s one more hurdle, which is the SEC needs to pass in-conference transfers also. For him to do that, I’ve got a newfound level of respect for the man. He’s one of those guys that’s truly for his players. I told Henry why not play for a man that’s looking out for your best interests.”

giphy.gif
Or... by waiting to April... Saban can slide you into next years class as an initial counter and not have to worry about it. :lol:

Or... by waiting to April... Saban can slide you into next years class as an initial counter and not have to worry about it. :lol:
“We’ll probably sit down and talk with Coach Saban again and see what he feels is best for Henry,” Iese said. “Coach Saban’s advice is he thinks Henry is gone after this year. He told Henry if you came to us and played the way you’re playing, your NFL grade is going to be high. I would encourage you after this year to leave (if that’s the case).

“His advice last week was wait it out and, need be, he doesn’t want Henry to sit out a year. He wants Henry to go somewhere or stay where he’s at and play, because more than likely he’s going to be gone next year. Like I said, Coach Saban is a man of his word and is truly, truly about the player. And I appreciate that. It will depend on the advice and counsel he gets from Coach Saban. If Saban tells him he feels it’s best he sits out a year, then that’s probably something Henry will consider doing because he looks up to Coach and really takes his opinion seriously.

What the actual ****

That’s insane. Saban really is a ****in wizard.

I guess his job really isn’t that hard - Hey look at all the guys I get drafted - it’s an easy sell.

But Christ almighty. :lol:
But when it’s guys who are getting drafted high no matter what :lol:. Like the Saban machine is great but most of these guys are going to be elite players regardless of where they go.

“We’ll probably sit down and talk with Coach Saban again and see what he feels is best for Henry,” Iese said. “Coach Saban’s advice is he thinks Henry is gone after this year. He told Henry if you came to us and played the way you’re playing, your NFL grade is going to be high. I would encourage you after this year to leave (if that’s the case).

“His advice last week was wait it out and, need be, he doesn’t want Henry to sit out a year. He wants Henry to go somewhere or stay where he’s at and play, because more than likely he’s going to be gone next year. Like I said, Coach Saban is a man of his word and is truly, truly about the player. And I appreciate that. It will depend on the advice and counsel he gets from Coach Saban. If Saban tells him he feels it’s best he sits out a year, then that’s probably something Henry will consider doing because he looks up to Coach and really takes his opinion seriously.

What the actual ****

He should be looking to enter the draft by next year, not battling for its starting spot at Alabama. There must be a really big check Alabama is giving him to sit out a year (or he's just stupid). Just go to the USC, start, play well and go to the draft. It's not that hard

He should be looking to enter the draft by next year, not battling for its starting spot at Alabama. There must be a really big check Alabama is giving him to sit out a year (or he's just stupid). Just go to the USC, start, play well and go to the draft. It's not that hard
I don’t doubt Bama breaking kids off left and right but this kid and his dad just seem dumb and drunk off the Kool Aid.

That’s insane. Saban really is a ****in wizard.

I guess his job really isn’t that hard - Hey look at all the guys I get drafted - it’s an easy sell.

But Christ almighty. :lol:
Remember Ale “Brandon” Kaho who had his parents do this same thing?

Remember Ale “Brandon” Kaho who had his parents do this same thing?

With all of Alabama's success, there are a lot of kids on the fringes who got screwed over. This year Alabama signed a class of 27 even though there's a hard cap of 25. You've got kids who are three and four-star players and can play at most top 25 schools, sitting out a year or gray shirting at Alabama.

I'd rather play at Kansas or Oregon State before I walk on at Alabama

My personal opinion of the hires aside, it’s just really interesting how despite his being under a microscope, he still knowingly invites controversy into his house. No one is doing these things to him, at this point. If Doyle has another incident with players he can’t claim to be shocked or that he didn’t know.

My personal opinion of the hires aside, it’s just really interesting how despite his being under a microscope, he still knowingly invites controversy into his house. No one is doing these things to him, at this point. If Doyle has another incident with players he can’t claim to be shocked or that he didn’t know.
Urban says “hold my beer” and fakes another health scare.

“Guys need to trust me as their head coach when I invite a pretty vocal racist into their house!”

This guy’s such a shameless scum bag and people just let it skate. :lol:

With the amount of guys who like doing their own thing in the offseason, is a strength coach in the NFL even that important to be inviting this level of risk?

Side note, the stories the Cover 3 guys and Danny Kanell were telling about the FSU/Jimbo/Taggert fiasco were great. I knew a lot of them from the boards but it was surprising to hear them essentially on the record on the podcast.

Some highlights:
1. Jimbo and staff had an agreement with A&M since mid September 2017 and several top recruits told Bud Elliot and Kanell (mid season) that they hadn't heard from Jimbo or his staff for months.

2. Taggert did his FSU interview on "a major Oregon booster's plane during an Oregon recruiting trip, and that angered that booster so much that he was willing to front Jim Leavitt's salary increase to keep him from following Willie to FSU, as an F u to them." I've heard this story before and that it was Phil Knight.

3. Mack Brown wanted the FSU job and he interviewed and Kanell gave him a letter of recommendation but the people doing the hiring thought Mack was too old for the job.

4. That Kanell was consulted on the Taggert hire and 2-3 games in to Willie's tenure, the people who made the hire contacted him to get their opinion on whether or not they had made a mistake and should reverse course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom