OFFICIAL 2021 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whoa. Whoa, whoa. Whoa, whoa, whoa.

What? :lol:

He's fantastic. Now - can he recruit to the level necessary at a USC? Think that's still TBD. But as a football coach and a developer of talent and culture? He's phenomenal.
Oh he's absolutely done a great job at Iowa State. I more so meant in terms of some in-game stuff and I think this year was a big let down as well. You'd think this would've been a great year to beat Okie State/Oklahoma (at least one) and then the Louisiana L.

Glad you and your fam are safe out there. Hope tmay407 tmay407 is good too.

Man we went 36 hours without power at our home. Kid and wife slept in bed together Sunday night/Monday morning when the power first went out to stay warm. I scrambled all night to get stuff prepared just in case, though at that point we had no reason to believe anything other than short, rolling outages.

Then it never came back on. We left our house at 1:30 on Monday, all water faucets basically on full blast to prevent freezing.

Never got a notification the power came back on, but our thermostat reconnected to the Nest app around 2:30 on Tuesday, so we hit a cool 36 hours offline. Came home to nearly everything working, except two frozen sets of lines.

One popped on Tuesday evening, so we turned the water off. Got super lucky and all the water flushed into the garage and not our house. Was unreal lucky to catch a plumber next door the next morning - most I talked to were already booked solid until Saturday or Sunday at that point.

I thawed our last outdoor faucet this morning with a blow dryer to avoid it popping as things got above freezing today for the first time in 220 hours.

I’m exhausted. :lol:

Man we went 36 hours without power at our home. Kid and wife slept in bed together Sunday night/Monday morning when the power first went out to stay warm. I scrambled all night to get stuff prepared just in case, though at that point we had no reason to believe anything other than short, rolling outages.

Then it never came back on. We left our house at 1:30 on Monday, all water faucets basically on full blast to prevent freezing.

Never got a notification the power came back on, but our thermostat reconnected to the Nest app around 2:30 on Tuesday, so we hit a cool 36 hours offline. Came home to nearly everything working, except two frozen sets of lines.

One popped on Tuesday evening, so we turned the water off. Got super lucky and all the water flushed into the garage and not our house. Was unreal lucky to catch a plumber next door the next morning - most I talked to were already booked solid until Saturday or Sunday at that point.

I thawed our last outdoor faucet this morning with a blow dryer to avoid it popping as things got above freezing today for the first time in 220 hours.

I’m exhausted. :lol:

You got friends in Colorado if you want to roll through.

Man I got lucky as hell and only lost power for an unknown amount of time overnight Monday morning. Think the power went out around 1 AM (put my phone on the charger at 1:15ish and it didn’t start charging) and woke up to the fan being on again around 3:45. Did lose internet for about 4 days, but that wasn’t a concern at all with everything going on for everybody else. Had my work hotspot to be able to work during the day anyways. Pipes seem to be okay since water has been running through all the faucets, but the townhouse has been making a lot of popping noises throughout the week :lol: a little unsettling the first few times it happened, but I read it’s pretty common with cold outside/heat inside situations and construction materials expanding.

Have a friend whose pool pump split in half and finally got power back Wednesday afternoon. They got a call from their neighbor at 1 AM Thursday morning that water was gushing from their house into the alley. Ended up with a busted pipe in their master bedroom/bathroom.

Not excited to see my gas bill for this month though since heat/stove/oven/fireplace are all gas.

Man I got lucky as hell and only lost power for an unknown amount of time overnight Monday morning. Think the power went out around 1 AM (put my phone on the charger at 1:15ish and it didn’t start charging) and woke up to the fan being on again around 3:45. Did lose internet for about 4 days, but that wasn’t a concern at all with everything going on for everybody else. Had my work hotspot to be able to work during the day anyways. Pipes seem to be okay since water has been running through all the faucets, but the townhouse has been making a lot of popping noises throughout the week :lol: a little unsettling the first few times it happened, but I read it’s pretty common with cold outside/heat inside situations and construction materials expanding.

Have a friend whose pool pump split in half and finally got power back Wednesday afternoon. They got a call from their neighbor at 1 AM Thursday morning that water was gushing from their house into the alley. Ended up with a busted pipe in their master bedroom/bathroom.

Not excited to see my gas bill for this month though since heat/stove/oven/fireplace are all gas.
Gas bill and water bill gonna hurt something fiiiiiierce with this cold and constantly running faucets. :lol:

Lendale chiming in.

1613795893038.png

:lol: Why is AD out here telling tall tales on TV?

That man was never going nowhere but OU.

Bobby Layne Bobby Layne remind me was one of the issues with Drevno at Michigan that he insisted on power running when the other coaches wanted to go more zone?

I’m asking because it looks like some of that may have occurred at SC.

Yo, we have FCS football?!?!?

Am I that washed?

Yeah. Remember they moved there schedule to this period? I vaguely remember discussion about their season and the NFL Combine conflict or something like that. Maybe it was prepping for it with the season ending near the combine timeframe? Don’t remember the exact details now and I’m honestly too lazy to look it up so shooting from the memory hip.

:lol: Why is AD out here telling tall tales on TV?

That man was never going nowhere but OU.
He told PC he was coming. They knew OU was still pushing but they really thought they had him in the days leading up to NSD. Ed O and some others have told that story.

What AD didn’t say was his dad being locked up and OU selling that their games were on TV every week at his prison and pac 12 games rarely were is what won it for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom