OFFICIAL 2021 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't remember if it was Reggie Wayne or some ****. It was a similar vid/article though.

@N41D tmay407 tmay407 This is pretty big. He was the SFLA plug for you guys. Coley still has ties obviously but great hire for Miami.

Yea, that’s a bad loss for A&M. Ish was awesome. Is he getting an actual spot on the staff or still gonna be an analyst?

Yea, that’s a bad loss for A&M. Ish was awesome. Is he getting an actual spot on the staff or still gonna be an analyst?
He's going to be coaching OLBs. We just lost Travis Williams to UCF as their DC after liked 2 weeks on the job.

No way this big a deal is a bad idea.

“Sarkisian’s new contract has all the typical perks that UT head coaches receive, such as two courtesy cars, club membership, private airplane use and use of a suite on game days. He will also receive $250,000 in relocation and temporary housing allowances.”

I wonder what kind of airplane and courtesy cars they are.

Kid has all the tools to be amazing. Really interested to see what he does with his senior year. He’s set to play this year right? What happened with last year and the soph year?

Bobby Layne Bobby Layne remind me was one of the issues with Drevno at Michigan that he insisted on power running when the other coaches wanted to go more zone?

I’m asking because it looks like some of that may have occurred at SC.

They brought in Frey in 2017 who is a big ZBS guy, and it didn’t mesh well the OL. IIRC they ended dumping a lot of the zone stuff they were doing midway through that season and went back to the man stuff and the running game improved. Frey left for FSU after that season. It was kind of confusing who was exactly in control of the run game that season because there were a lot of cooks in the kitchen.

When did SC want to move to a ZBS? Those wide splits you guys were doing in 2019 make it basically impossible to zone block.

They brought in Frey in 2017 who is a big ZBS guy, and it didn’t mesh well the OL. IIRC they ended dumping a lot of the zone stuff they were doing midway through that season and went back to the man stuff and the running game improved. Frey left for FSU after that season. It was kind of confusing who was exactly in control of the run game that season because there were a lot of cooks in the kitchen.

When did SC want to move to a ZBS? Those wide splits you guys were doing in 2019 make it basically impossible to zone block.

Theyre going to start doing more of it this season with Maguire the new OL coach. Apparently under Drevno there were philosophical disconnects between him and Harrell and people would complain through reporters that the O line was running a completely different scheme than the rest of the offense. I’m not 100% sure what that means tbh.

Insider reports are now that Maguire is there they’ve been talking a lot about “we need to get zone blocking schemes implemented that we weren’t doing before.” Idk if that’s Maguire moving Harrell on that or as they’ve been implying, the removal of Drevno opens the opportunity to change things.

Kid has all the tools to be amazing. Really interested to see what he does with his senior year. He’s set to play this year right? What happened with last year and the soph year?
he was behind an upperclassmen. Had some nagging injuries so didnt play much.

Freshmen year on varsity - sat behind Doug Brumfield (Jr), who went on to UNLV.

Sophomore year (19-20) - sat behind Brumfield again, but shared back up time with Justyn Martin, a talented QB who is going to Cal.

Junior year (20-21) - Brumfield graduated and Martin saw the signed and bounced to Inglewood. But not football. However, football is starting up and we might get to see Murphy play in March. Its his time.

Almost transferred to Bosco last off season. Realized he didnt need to since he was already a national recruit so stayed to play with the homies.

Good kid, great family. Going to be successful

Didn’t realize untik

Really entertaining. I don’t even watch college because I find it painful and was very entertained.

Same exact as me. I used to watch it quite a bit but the last few years I just can’t get into it.

Yeah, it was a great game. Track meet. Buckeyes have a great squad. They can make a tourney run for sure.

Looks like the B1G is pretty stacked overall, hopefully one of the teams can produce a title. It’s been a long time since the last one

So you're gonna go to a camp that Cam is hosting and troll him? I'd admit that Cam could have handled it better but this kid is super lame and needs to put some respect on Cam's name

————

Oh the Miami player was Devin Hester right, or were you thinking of someone else? I just remembered that. There was a video of him asking Pete Carroll why he didn’t recruit him and that he really wanted usc to recruit him. dacomeup dacomeup

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom