OFFICIAL 2021 NBA PLAYOFF THREAD - YAWNIST WITH THE CLOSEOUT 50 PIECE - BUCKS WITH FIRST CHIP SINCE ‘73 - CP0 LOSES AGAIN

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s really unbelievable how differently the Nets run offense on the road vs. at home :lol: they’ve given away 2 road games in this series for absolutely no reason.

Bucks have no answer for the logo pick and roll and Brooklyn ran it all of 3 times the entire game.

James is out there but a shell of himself so they need Durant to help at point but they had him in iso all night.

He was playing by himself. 3 assists vs 10 the other night. 32 points on 30 insanely difficult shots.

They should be able to get game 7 because they don’t play this foolishly at home but looking forward it’ll be interesting if they run into someone who can get a game at Barclays before James & Kyrie get healthy.

When ESPN puts out stats like this they're just pointing out interesting parallels, not necessarily comparing them

For example, I don't think ESPN is comparing Trey Young to Oscar Robertson when they put out this stat

Similar to the the whole list/constant GOAT talk. People eat this stuff up nowadays.

When ESPN puts out stats like this they're just pointing out interesting parallels, not necessarily comparing them

For example, I don't think ESPN is comparing Trey Young to Oscar Robertson when they put out this stat

I'm not saying it's a direct comparison but it's just an irrelevant way for them to have people go "wow Giannis and Middleton must be a monster duo if the only others that did it were Shaq and Kobe."
But without context, saying "this guy is the first to do ___ since so and so did it" doesn't mean anything. Nets defense sucks.

I'm not saying it's a direct comparison but it's just an irrelevant way for them to have people go "wow Giannis and Middleton must be a monster duo if the only others that did it were Shaq and Kobe."
But without context, saying "this guy is the first to do ___ since so and so did it" doesn't mean anything. Nets defense sucks.
I suppose but even casuals have to know that they are not even a Top 25 duo since ‘01. Hell, most casuals don’t even know who Khris Middleton is for them to think they’re a monster duo :lol: Irrelevant stats are just the flavor of the decade in 2021

As for context…I think you can only go so far. I’m sure most of these historical stats were dropped against bad defenses/offenses but no one ever talks about that. It might just be assumed but I don’t really think about that part tbh. No matter how bad the defense (or offense) may be, every season all-time players/teams have the opportunity to do the same against similar competition and they don’t so the record holders accomplishment shouldn’t be diminished based on who they did it against IMO.

Giannis really took Kyrie out the game man. This would've been done. Smh. Weak sauce. Refs let bucks foul kd like crazy. Harden seems to be healing.

Game 7 it is.

Thought Bucks was going to blow it again.

Giannis missed that last second pass from Middleton which would have given the game 5.

Still think Nets win game 7 though and the championship.

As a Knicks fan... man I'm so salty and hating :lol:

I'm hoping it's Nets. But if you're going to continue to play Joe Harris you have to do what the Clippers used to with JJ. Run all your set plays for him early. He's just running around there doing nothing.

1624017791324.png

tenor.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom