OFFICIAL FOOTY THREAD ⚽️: Euro Cup and Copa America starting soon

Who will win the 2023/24 Champions League?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
At this point, is it a hot take to crown Modric as the greatest midfielder of all time?
jape jape
theconqueror theconqueror

I see the laughing emojis so let's have the debate then. I don't think anyone can argue with a straight face that Modric has ever reached the highs of Iniesta or Xavi, either of whom I'd previously consider the goat midfielder.
But consistency also matters, and recently it hit me that that neither Iniesta or Xavi can even hold a candle to Modric's longevity and consistency.
37 years old and he's still not only performing at a world class level, he has a huge amount of minutes played too.

Good *** first half with tons of free flowing football. Brighton and brentford the types of teams I’m glad our last two league games against. Keep the guys sharp

One thing the Saudi League is going to do is take away all the old stars who were supposed to eventually end up in the MLS.

Busquets, Jordi, all going to Saudi I bet, there will be more.

And I’m on board with it. You Americans deserve nothing.

And I’m on board with it. You Americans deserve nothing.

You’re from Westchester and root for the New York YANKEES

fam-foh.gif

jape jape
theconqueror theconqueror

I see the laughing emojis so let's have the debate then. I don't think anyone can argue with a straight face that Modric has ever reached the highs of Iniesta or Xavi, either of whom I'd previously consider the goat midfielder.
But consistency also matters, and recently it hit me that that neither Iniesta or Xavi can even hold a candle to Modric's longevity and consistency.
37 years old and he's still not only performing at a world class level, he has a huge amount of minutes played too.
longevity is an interesting word because modric wasn't great or exceptional till later in his career.
modric hasn't been good this year either.

Back
Top Bottom