OFFICIAL FOOTY THREAD ⚽️: Euro Cup and Copa America starting soon

Who will win the 2023/24 Champions League?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
clubs will switch once the bread gets passed around. there’s a reason they all agreed in the first place. uefa been holding out on folks for the longest

especially england. they sold their souls for american and oil money a long time ago they don’t care what the fans want.

The proposal is nowhere near as wild as the initial one with no relegation and so few teams.

That being said tho anything that put the domestic leagues at risk I’m not here for. Replace uefa with a better cup comp if you can even tho that’s not what this about but I don’t want to see clubs leave the domestic leagues.

clubs will switch once the bread gets passed around. there’s a reason they all agreed in the first place. uefa been holding out on folks for the longest

especially england. they sold their souls for american and oil money a long time ago they don’t care what the fans want.
They all signed a 23 year contract at the offset and ditched it only after the backlash had it looking like it was dead in the water.

Gonna be interesting to see what's gonna happen now that it's effectively very well still alive.

The new format is better than what UEFA were proposing with their changes and clubs get bigger cuts/pieces of the pie.

Something's gonna have to give at some point, the UCL without Italian clubs or Real and Barca would be unrecognizable.

The proposal is nowhere near as wild as the initial one with no relegation and so few teams.

That being said tho anything that put the domestic leagues at risk I’m not here for. Replace uefa with a better cup comp if you can even tho that’s not what this about but I don’t want to see clubs leave the domestic leagues.
They don't have to in the new proposal though, it's it's own separate comp irrespective of domestic comps. It would replace the UCL directly, not any league or domestic cup.

Those ESL lawyers didn't put this together without taking into account all the potential angles against it, the end result is really quite interesting

They don't have to in the new proposal though, it's it's own separate comp irrespective of domestic comps. It would replace the UCL directly, not any league or domestic cup.

Those ESL lawyers didn't put this together without taking into account all the potential angles against it, the end result is really quite interesting

If that’s the case it’s nowhere near as bad just a new cup comp and not what they initially tried to make it.

uefa did this to themselves
we all know how they run things. been shady af

This I also agree with I don’t care about uefa but I’m also not gonna pretend like the people at the top of these clubs are doing this for any sporting reasons. A comp where the people running it are the clubs themselves? Massive amounts of money in that look at the nfl.

Reading more about the relegation and pro rel works nvm this is stupid same thing just slightly different. It’s sporting merit within the cup comp you could have a dog **** year in your domestic league but still be in the top flight of the comp as long as you don’t get relegated in that cup league and only the bottom two get relegated from that.

That devalues the domestics leagues don’t like that at all.

Reading more about the relegation and pro rel works nvm this is stupid same thing just slightly different. It’s sporting merit within the cup comp you could have a dog **** year in your domestic league but still be in the top flight of the comp as long as you don’t get relegated in that cup league and only the bottom two get relegated from that.

That devalues the domestics leagues don’t like that at all.

Games are played mid week as to not disrupt domestic league play

All this is is a new Tiered European Competition to replace the UCL/EL/CL

Whether it’s FIFA or UEFA themselves, thes people will never stop outdoing your expectations by somehow taking greed and/or corruption to dystopian levels.

Games are played mid week as to not disrupt domestic league play

All this is is a new Tiered European Competition to replace the UCL/EL/CL

It’s not about when the games are played but how you qualify and stay qualified. It’s not based on what you do in your domestic league which weaken the domestics leagues

UCL/EL/CL it still matters what you do in your domestic league to qualify in those competitions.

Getting in to the bottom tier of the SL depends on how you finish your domestic league. Top teams domestically enter the pot of the SL at the bottom.

So yes, at first i’m sure theres some quirks to figuring it out but long term the domestic league success is the only way to get in the SL.

I guess it would only avoid “one hit wonder” teams getting into the very top of the SL (think Leicester the season after winning the EPL or even Girona next year {possibly})

Getting in to the bottom tier of the SL depends on how you finish your domestic league. Top teams domestically enter the pot of the SL at the bottom.

So yes, at first i’m sure theres some quirks to figuring it out but long term the domestic league success is the only way to get in the SL.

I guess it would only avoid “one hit wonder” teams getting into the very top of the SL (think Leicester the season after winning the EPL or even Girona next year {possibly})

But to stay in the top of the super league it has nothing to do with your domestic league and where you finish that season.

You could finish 10th in your league but not get relegated in the top division of the super league and still stay in the top division of a European competition despite being **** in your league. Essentially once you are at the top as long as you don’t finish bottom of that top division what you do your in you domestic league does not matter at all. That directly devalues the importance of continuing to do well in your league to be in a top European competition

But to stay in the top of the super league it has nothing to do with your domestic league and where you finish that season.

You could finish 10th in your league but not get relegated in the top division of the super league and still stay in the top division of a European competition despite being **** in your league. Essentially once you are at the top as long as you don’t finish bottom of that top division what you do your in you domestic league does not matter at all. That directly devalues the importance of continuing to do well in your league to be in a top European competition

Well yes, seeing as how only 2 teams get relegated from top then I see your point.

Well yes, seeing as how only 2 teams get relegated from top then I see your point.
Yea honestly really my only gripe and it’s a big one. Idc about which set of Uber wealthy people gets to run the top European competition, the people at uefa the people at the top off the big clubs that don’t matter to me they the same.

I just believe that qualifying and staying in the top European cup competition should be directly tied to what you do in your domestic league every season.

Curious to see how Chelsea and fanbase react

Sanctions
Froze the club's bank account
Banned fans from attending games
Decided to charge the club based on 10 years old reports
Accursed the club over the loophole thing which was legal that time

Last edited:
No one is joining that bull**** :lol:

Keep dreaming. :lol:
i mean they already joined but uefa threatened sanctions so they left. not a huge leap of faith needed.

i’m not even heavily in favor of this but i don’t like uefa running things especially with paris saint qatar at the board meetings

IMG_0256.jpeg

Food for thought

Back
Top Bottom