OFFICIAL FOOTY THREAD ⚽️: Euro Cup and Copa America starting soon

Who will win the 2023/24 Champions League?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It would not shock me that MLS is the reason the CCC matches didn't get promoted as it should be.
Seattle wins the CCL and the MLS immediately stops advertising it the next year? Sounds exactly like some self-sabotage that *** clown Garber would do. Man is killing any support for competitions that isn't the MLS so he can put more lights on his pride and joy garbage Leagues Cup.

GHcbLlaXQAAjNTw

Up the Chels

Gallagher on the bench? Looks like Poch's job is on the line

Seattle wins the CCL and the MLS immediately stops advertising it the next year? Sounds exactly like some self-sabotage that *** clown Garber would do. Man is killing any support for competitions that isn't the MLS so he can put more lights on his pride and joy garbage Leagues Cup.
It's baffling that nobody in the US soccer realm is asking Garber to step down. Just baffling :smh:

MLS is squandering their momentum by making moves like this
But MESSI! There's MESSI!!! Everyone tune into MESSI!!!!!!! MESSIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!

While the rest of the league is getting better on average the man in charge of the league can't find it in himself to represent the whole league. Like I get the marketing opportunities, but balance.

Barbie (Messi) *AND* Ken (everybody else that nobody cares about)

But MESSI! There's MESSI!!! Everyone tune into MESSI!!!!!!! MESSIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!

While the rest of the league is getting better on average the man in charge of the league can't find it in himself to represent the whole league. Like I get the marketing opportunities, but balance.

Barbie (Messi) *AND* Ken (everybody else that nobody cares about)
He is making it seem like it's Messi and da BUMS when it isn't. The whole point was to leverage Messi into more popularity and opportunities for everyone. You can't make it exclusively about Messi because when he leaves, fans will leave too. NBA learned their lesson after Jordan retired. Not saying it won't suck when Lebron and Steph hang it up but the league is in good hands when you don't promote it as the star featuring the bums.

He is making it seem like it's Messi and da BUMS when it isn't. The whole point was to leverage Messi into more popularity and opportunities for everyone. You can't make it exclusively about Messi because when he leaves, fans will leave too. NBA learned their lesson after Jordan retired. Not saying it won't suck when Lebron and Steph hang it up but the league is in good hands when you don't promote it as the star featuring the bums.
the-office-michael-scott.gif

Between Messi and the World Cup next year, the MLS has exactly 2 seasons left of easy-mode marketing. Then what? You pivot to the next aging star that won't come close to Messi's star? MLS has got to figure out the balance, because we do not have the luxury of 150 years of history that Europe has, nor the passion of the casual fan that Mexico + South American leagues have.

Holding up Seattle's accomplishment (****ing KILL ME) and pushing other International players (those on their respective national teams) is like bare minimum imo. But Garber can't even do that.

I keep thinking he is going to come good. His athleticism is elite. I think they need to give him minutes. United seem ok letting Garnacho fail to grow. I think Mudryk needs the same.

It’s definitely elite, but he’s at an age where we need him to contribute now. If he was Garnacho’s age I would definitely agree

How was that not a pen?
To me it looked like the contact started off outside the box but either way that looked like a foul to me, albeit a soft one.
I could definitely see a different ref giving that as a penalty. There was no attempt to go for the ball, just obstruction by arm and shoulder nudge.

the-office-michael-scott.gif

Between Messi and the World Cup next year, the MLS has exactly 2 seasons left of easy-mode marketing. Then what? You pivot to the next aging star that won't come close to Messi's star? MLS has got to figure out the balance, because we do not have the luxury of 150 years of history that Europe has, nor the passion of the casual fan that Mexico + South American leagues have.

Holding up Seattle's accomplishment (****ing KILL ME) and pushing other International players (those on their respective national teams) is like bare minimum imo. But Garber can't even do that.
To be honest, I wonder if he wants MLS to be a success?With success comes the spotlight on his terrible decisions which he won't want.

Back
Top Bottom