OFFICIAL FOOTY THREAD ⚽️: Euro Cup and Copa America starting soon

Who will win the 2023/24 Champions League?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Fully expecting this same terrorism tonight
plus our overall form in KO tournaments sucks but our past 8 performances give me confidence

How different is Western Arabic from Eastern Arabic?

Is it just accents and some words?
I'm no savant but yes phrasing, intonations and words. There's a wide range of geographic based Arabic dialects and even within the same group, Maghreb for instance, there is some noticable (to the trained ears) differences/specifities. I'd say it's pretty similar to "tomato/tomato", "color/colour" and some of the distinctions in pronunciation and grammar in American and british Englishes.

I'm no savant but yes phrasing, intonations and words. There's a wide range of geographic based Arabic dialects and even within the same group, Maghreb for instance, there is some noticable (to the trained ears) differences/specifities. I'd say it's pretty similar to "tomato/tomato", "color/colour" and some of the distinctions in pronunciation and grammar in American and british Englishes.

Whenever Portuguese and Spanish speakers from the Americas learn that oxalá/ojalá is derived from Arabic’s “Inshallah”.

It’s funny. :lol:

Whenever Portuguese and Spanish speakers from the Americas learn that oxalá/ojalá is derived from Arabic’s “Inshallah”.

It’s funny. :lol:
Oh you taught me something, thanks.
I'm not surprised tho. Colonizers are always so shocked to learn that their language and culture is not the monolithic block they love to think it is

Oh you taught me something, thanks.
I'm not surprised tho. Colonizers are always so shocked to learn that their language and culture is not the monolithic block they love to think it is

There are thousands of words in Spanish from Arabic.

Hundreds in Portuguese. Hundreds in Italian too.

Loan words.

Probably checked out mentally soon as that Kate Abdo IG story dropped :lol:

Timal was like
1710261856313.png

Napoli’s owner or president said he’s giving the players €10M if they beat Barça today.

Barcelona go €100M further into debt if they lose today.

LOTS OF MONEY on the line.

Napoli’s owner or president said he’s giving the players €10M if they beat Barça today.

Barcelona go €100M further into debt if they lose today.

LOTS OF MONEY on the line.
I just made a gamble too
Probably not the greatest idea to bet on 200k (in Fifa coins, I don't gamble with real money :lol:) on Napoli advancing but something tells me today will be a good day.
5f6929456a9749a73b07f4c807a2f237.png

Back
Top Bottom