OFFICIAL FOOTY THREAD ⚽️: Euro Cup underway

Who will win the 2023/24 Champions League?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Son does look like a beluga whale

1716497379206.gif

Been kinda crazy seeing cule's slandering him after doing a good job considering the circumstances he had to deal with at the club and how they snaked him after he decided to stand by them.

Last edited:
xavi deserves another year but i didn’t like xavi’s attitude or temperament towards the end. the job really did a number to him. became very cynical and negative. still, there’s def more to the story cause xavi told everyone he was gone so barca def negotiated with flick at that time.

but still hats off to a good manager who the players love. got a couple of well deserved trophies featuring children against one of the strongest madrid sides i’ve seen in a while.
the half szn he inherited barca when they were in 9th place and turned them in to la liga champs the following year. wild to see that araujo’s red ultimately ended xavi’s stint though. there’s a lot of barca players that can thank him for their career.

not sure about flick. he was great at bayern but that squad was complete. we’ll see how he can work with youngsters. but xavi is still the best man for the job at this time in my eyes. madrid have a ridiculous squad we need someone who can build a foundation based off all the youth talent

My surprise is not the sacking, but to let this leak right before the cup final???
Probably the worst kept secret in footy :lol:, bad timing wise but it's the right decision.

Think this is pretty spot on

Chelsea sacking Poch this week and being interested in some of their main targets seemingly forced their hand.

It's a Chelsea-linked journo reporting it too for The Guardian, the club is refusing to comment on it so far but very tellingly aren't denying anything either...

Back
Top Bottom