OFFICIAL FOOTY THREAD ⚽️: Euro Cup underway

Wish Nico stuck with Ghana like Inaki :smh:

Lucho cheekily called him up last break. Gonna be pissed if he doesn't end up in the Roja WC squad after he was looking to play a part for the Black Stars

20220930_163013.jpg

Lula will win. He doesn’t need support..

It’s whether Bolsonaro is going to allow him to win. This has been known for months now.

That’s what makes Neymar’s choice that much more controversial. It’s not the fact he’s supporting Bolsonaro. It’s the fact he’s doing it publicly to man who might not give up power.

The people are already on edge. To have Neymar FC join the party doesn’t help.

I’m not putting it past Neymar to continue to side with Bolsonaro if Bolsonaro ends up taking over the Government with the military. Nope.

He’ll say some s*** like “this is divine Christian intervention”. And a Neymar will be on board.
Thankfully the military already announced that they'll respect the will of the people and the election results yesterday.

It's insane that it even has to be said but that's what Bolsonaro has stoked up in the lead up with the coup fears that he won't he won't relinquish power.

He's tried to put the 45 'big lie' playook into play disputing and denouncing the legitimacy of an election that hasn't happened yet because he knows he won't get the votes

While I understand to outsiders who live in America where the politics and worldview is completely different, I can't pretend to understand what Brazilians want and tell them how they should feel and who they should want to vote for when it comes to their politics.
I think there’s a point where that argument stops having any significance. Bolsonaro is a wannabe dictator with a pretty blatant hatred for black people and the LGTB community.

I think there’s a point where that argument stops having any significance. Bolsonaro is a wannabe dictator with a pretty blatant hatred for black people and the LGTB community.
Again, I don't know the full political dynamics of Brazil outside of some flashing headlines and questionable comments quoted within political articles s, nor will I pretend to fully understand as if I grew up in Brazil cause I know a couple of Brazilians and reading some internet articles when there are millions of Brazilians with varying viewpoints.

I don't know of Bolsonaro's comments regarding black people, but I know one of his appointees who also happen to be black saying that the opposition is politicizing blacks by overselling the racism in brazil to distract them from other "real issues". He then compares it to America's racism to downplay the racism there.

I know he's stated that he plans on integrating the natives to make one brazil which sounds very manifest destiny-like.

Do I agree with any of this? No. Racism is racism whether it's big or it's small. The natives have rights to the land because they originally inhabited it and Bolsonaro's position sounds like it's in favor of big business, but that gets tricky. Your country has tons of natural resources, that can spur economic growth, but you also have a ton of wildlife and land that is deemed "Sacred".

People are asking how the blacks within brazil support him and then mention LGQt, but those are two different issues. One is your natural skin color that you come out of the womb with and the other is your flavor in the bedroom. As a Black man, I find it insane when people conflate the two.

I know some of you subscribe to one political side in politics whether it's in France, America, Saturn, or Mars. However, just cause someone votes left here in America doesn't mean that they should automatically assume that the left in brazils politics fully aligns with their political views.

And as someone in here mentioned, when it comes to race within Latin America, it gets tricky. I've seen it and experienced it first hand. With all the chaos of racism, and national identity within Brazil, Argentina's president made some statements last year that Argentinians come off ships and Mexicans come from Indians and Brazilians came out of Jungles and the same Bolasalmo along with other Brazilians decried it as racism.

Last edited:
Despite working a 17 hour day today, I have my alarm set for the North London Derby tomorrow. Gonna wake up early to watch Tottenham piss down their legs... COYS

Jesus gets the laca treatment, every time he touches another player it’s a foul :rolleyes but it’s almost never called when it’s on him

Back
Top Bottom