OFFICIAL 2023-24 FOOTY THREAD ⚽️: Champions League semifinals this week

Who will win the 2023/24 Champions League?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
What fullback is it good to leave isolated in space with the high risk high reward football we play?

Reece? He'll pull a hamstring in 20 minutes?

Walker? Maybe cause of his pace.

Both players looked good and I'm a massive doku fan. Today I just believe trent had him.

Even if trent didn't score today I sat back saying, he's disciplined without possession today and sending doku in the right spots.
There was one moment I remembered where doku got him for pace (which is expected) pace isn't a skill, you have it or you don't.
Yea we saw that battle completely different today I don’t k what else to say.

But to the first question yes Walker and not just pace he’s smart, has great positioning and uses his body well. Those traits of his tend to get downplayed cause of how much his pace stands out.

you’re better than this. you know what beating your man does to a teams defense right?
just cause it didn’t result in goals doesnt mean it doesn’t have an impact. quite the opposite.

imagine how much more dangerous taa could’ve been if he didn’t have to worry about doku running rampant.
You're right. But today, I saw him using the touch-line and by-line as his extra defenders. He would show him one side and when he cut inside, the cover would be there (like most teams have).
I saw trent proactively in position and having the proper body shape.
I saw him wrestle both haaland and doku off the ball for goalkicks.
Beating your man can put a lot of pressure on a defense, it didn't today.

Your expectations cannot be so low of trent that when you won possession more than any player on the pitch and tied for most interceptions against man city that you got cooked defensively or it's just what you expected.
I'll say it again, minus the goal and with those two stats, if that was Kyle walker or Reece James, the glazing would be unreal!

Last edited:
Trent's new Preds...
1700932401941.png

Back
Top Bottom