OFFICIAL 2023-24 FOOTY THREAD ⚽️: Champions League semifinals this week

Who will win the 2023/24 Champions League?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
IMG_5897.jpeg

Incredible atmosphere. Definitely nothing close that I’ve experienced in the U.S. and I’ve been to some pretty big sporting events. You could feel the hate that Les Marseillais have for Les Parisiens. The chants were legit insane. You could never chant stuff like that at a U.S. sporting event :lol:.

Police had to go cover Gonçalo after his goal with the riot shields. So crazy man. :lol:

It was tough to watch the boring City vs Arsenal match after a rather fun Pool vs Brighton game. Even though City dominated the game i felt like arsenal were more "dangerous". I don't know what Pep could have done any different though. I thought Doku or Grealish would come in and help the game but they really didn't do that much more. It was definitely a frustrating game to watch

Terrible showing once again from united at the weekend. I was busy doing things around my house to sulk on here but gonna be real interesting to see whether Erik is given time under this new ownership umbrella or shown the door. Available candidates don't wow me.. but, this season has been god awful.

It was tough to watch the boring City vs Arsenal match after a rather fun Pool vs Brighton game. Even though City dominated the game i felt like arsenal were more "dangerous". I don't know what Pep could have done any different though. I thought Doku or Grealish would come in and help the game but they really didn't do that much more. It was definitely a frustrating game to watch
eh i think all that stuff they were doing works against other teams but when doku or grealish would cross the arsenal defense was good enough to thwart the attack/chance

I really don’t think that game yesterday was that boring or bad. That’s what happens when two high quality teams cancel each other out and with defenders that were locked in looks like. Was really enjoyable to me how neither team gave an inch pressing high and making the other team have to work so hard to get any kind of advantage. Not like it was countless mistakes and sloppy play the entire time.

Basically :lol:

City play more like a traditional English side these days

I think both of those things are true tbh lol

It’s kinda funny how pep played a big roll in revolutionizing fullback play and positioning and has tossed that out the window for 4 center backs unless Walker fit now.

Bruh :lol:. The way Les Marseillais hate Les Parisiens makes the rivalries here look like a joke.

Man I’ve always wished our rivalries here were intense like that. More passionate.

Minus the occasional violence of course :lol:

Two rivalries I need to see in person that are also on my list - the Turkish Istanbul clubs rivalries and Boca vs River.

no they don’t lol
They absolutely do play English style haram ball though especially when setting up against big teams :lol:, they just have ELITE talent at every position doing it.

Others were mocked for it for years but Pep himself knows what works depending on the situation. These recent Citeh sides don't play at all like his Barca teams or Bayern sides did.

When it's serious/title defining football, resorting to that style suits them well with the risk avoidance while exceeding control.

They absolutely do play English style haram ball though especially when setting up against big teams :lol:, they just have ELITE talent at every position doing it.

Others were mocked for it for years but Pep himself knows what works depending on the situation. These recent Citeh sides don't play at all like his Barca teams or Bayern sides did.

When it's serious/title defining football, resorting to that style suits them well with the risk avoidance while exceeding control.
which english teams? none of them that i remember were possession based at all

english teams didn’t even used to play out the back

Back
Top Bottom