OFFICIAL 2023-24 FOOTY THREAD ⚽️: Champions League Final between Borussia Dortmund and Real Madrid on 6/1 at 3 PM EST

Who will win the 2023/24 Champions League?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Happy semi-retirement to Neymar. Last of a dying breed
IMG_0979.png

With everything he’s done in the game it still feels like he’s underachieved. Speaks to how big a talent he was coming up.

Neymar career will for sure be remembered as an underachieving one despite how amazing he did play when he was available. Wasted his entire prime in a league where no one cares if you win the league so only measure of success is winning champions league and anyone or club that can only define a successful season by winning that is setting themselves up for disappointment.

His club career will feel like a waste but will always remember that Neymar Suarez Messi front 3 tho insane how good it was.

Internationally this isn’t entirely his fault cause it takes so much to go your way to win it but it’s not a good look he’s the only Brazilian all time great to not have a World Cup to his name. Off the top of my head I can’t think of another who’s considered a certified all time Brazilian great that doesn’t

neymar is looked at like that because he’s easily more talented than anyone in this generation.
no one not named ronaldinho can do what he did on the pitch. he needed a better circle around him. his agent/father really let him down. with better guidance, he would’ve reached all the expectations

he’ll still be regarded highly. the numbers speak for themselves but in the end he will serve as a cautionary tale to younger players.

a question for folks: is he a barca legend? is he a psg legend?

neymar is looked at like that because he’s easily more talented than anyone in this generation.
no one not named ronaldinho can do what he did on the pitch. he needed a better circle around him. his agent/father really let him down. with better guidance, he would’ve reached all the expectations

he’ll still be regarded highly. the numbers speak for themselves but in the end he will serve as a cautionary tale to younger players.

a question for folks: is he a barca legend? is he a psg legend?

He's a P$G legend indisputably, he gave them his prime years and is the best player they've ever had not named Ronaldinho or Mbappé.

He would've 100% been a Barca club legend in short order too if he stayed longer imo, he won everything and was an integral part of arguably the best attack ever. I'd call him a Barca legend too personally, he's in the same vein of Rivaldo and Kluivert imo.

7/10, he was one of the most productive players in Europe during his time but his injuries/missed time for other reasons + never winning the CL put a bit of a dent in his time there for me.

His legacy and time there would be looked at much much differently if guys like Kehrer and Kylian didn't **** the bed against Bayern in 2020 :smh:. Even ADM dropped an uncharacteristic stinker in a final.

Happy semi-retirement to Neymar. Last of a dying breed
IMG_0979.png

With everything he’s done in the game it still feels like he’s underachieved. Speaks to how big a talent he was coming up.

Eh there are many players who we give a super high ceiling as to what we believe they can accomplish but at the end of the day not everybody got it like that and its okay

also he won a champions league wit barca he has a good rep there imo for doing that.

i would love if he can play in the wc in amerikka would love to see him live

Back
Top Bottom