OFFICIAL 2023-24 FOOTY THREAD ⚽️: Champions League Final between Borussia Dortmund and Real Madrid on 6/1 at 3 PM EST

Who will win the 2023/24 Champions League?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Im a Barca fan but let's not act like the Sane goal was not the madrid goalkeeper's fault. That is a stop for most top league keepers (not looking at you Donnarumma).
You cant get beat near post there.

There was a lot more to it then just that. Sane cut in beat one defender with a defender closing in on him. He hit it in a small window when most of the time he would try to cut back on the second defender too. Lunin didn't have his feet fully set expecting a shot in that small window (so i guess you can fault him for that but can't think of a keeper that would have been dead set ready on a shot in that scenario). When players cut in like that the goalie almost expects the defenders to close down and to cover the near post as well. That's why a lot of player score on cut back shots through the defenders legs to the near post on keepers. AND he hit a bomb in that small window with a really fast back swing. I was really impressed he got the shot off with that much power.

To me no keeper is saving that. That was a tremendous goal. Thanks for coming to my TED talk

my point is i love vini..... might love you too :wink:

1714590144471.gif

Back
Top Bottom