OFFICIAL 2023-24 FOOTY THREAD ⚽️: Champions League Final between Borussia Dortmund and Real Madrid on 6/1 at 3 PM EST

Who will win the 2023/24 Champions League?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Good (no) call ref. We move
GNAtej3XIAAu3A_.jpeg

Exactly why when it’s close they tell refs to not immediately raise the flag….insane decision. No way he saw that live and sure it was off.
Yeah the VAR jokes don't even make sense in this context. This garbage linesman and referee's insane decisions to immediately raise the flag and blow the whistle prevented an offside check from even being conducted. It's a basic guideline. BASIC. Yet they **** it up and denied Bayern a potential goal.

it's standard protocol to not raise the flag immediately on anything remotely close. on top of that the ref didn't need to blow his whistle immediately as the ball was headed by the defender even if the flag was raised. the whole play was a joke from the refereeing crew

it's standard protocol to not raise the flag immediately on anything remotely close. on top of that the ref didn't need to blow his whistle immediately as the ball was headed by the defender even if the flag was raised. the whole play was a joke from the refereeing crew

Mmmmmhmmmmm

Every league in Europe that’s protocol. Been so for a whileeeee now too.

Every CL crew knows that. That’s how they have to officiate it in their own leagues.

Feel extra sick for Kane man :smh:, losing a shot at a trophy like that has gotta be even worse when you're watching helplessly off the pitch

I hope Leverkusen doesn't get ransacked and Alonso can actually take his squad to the CL. I'd love to see that happen.

Feel extra sick for Kane man :smh:, losing a shot at a trophy like that has gotta be even worse when you're watching helplessly off the pitch
That sub makes absolutely no sense, unless he couldn't walk anymore or something. He's easily the best PK taker on the pitch and he can play as both a striker and a creative outlet.
Kane's delivering that pass on a platter for Davies is why a big part of why Bayern got a goal in the first place.
When he was still with us, there have been plenty of occassions where he was singlehandedly carrying Spurs as both the top goalscorer and the top playmaker.

I will say in my recent travels with my kids teams. City are becoming the official team for ppl that don’t really watch the sport but I wanna be apart of this convo. Soon as I hear a parent say their team is city I stop listening…
:rofl:

Back
Top Bottom